A plea for help with my logs/DPS

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
testacular

A plea for help with my logs/DPS

Unread postby testacular Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:59 am

Hey there,

I have been playing Arcane for quite some time now but ever since Antorus I feel like I am slowly fading in performance.
So I thought I would give it a deeper look but I figured I am not sure what is going wrong.
Therefore here I am, asking fellow masters of arcane powers for guidance.

I am 960ilvl, my warcraftlogs profile can be seen here - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... archristic

Few things to keep in mind:
1) Please ignore the mythic kill and rather focus on some HC which would be Varimathas I suppose.
2) I do SIM myself and follow what it tells me, however compared to other players I noticed that my crit is lower.
- though in my SIM values its all pretty even (except mastery) with Haste being a tad bit better
- SIMcraft shows me I should be doing something like 1.7kk DPS, realistically I am doing 1.3kk on most encounters or up to 1.5kk if stars align well (which they usually don't)
3) I do NOT have previous tier 2 set on high enough ilvl to make it worth wearing it now
- and cannot fit it into 2set + 4set as I lack set leggins
4) I have all Arcane legendaries yet I am rather reluctant to use double ring as my dummy testing and SIM shwed little to no gain with great punishment should I have to move more than usual or do some additional tactics
- I can retry this, but last time I did, it felt like I just lack mastery to handle mana costs
- I also checked that the combo I prefer (legs and soul of archmage) is faring well in logs so it should be ok I guess

Thanks for any advice
Niebvelungen

Re: A plea for help with my logs/DPS

Unread postby Niebvelungen Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:51 am

Hey there!

From what i can see you use the Prototype Personnel Decimator which is no good for Arcane at all, I would even take an 920 Sentinal Owl instead of it. (Look Spreadsheet)

Part of your problem is that you dont have the 2 set from ToS, but you already mentioned that.

The Double Ring combo is only good in ST for MT i use Shoulders + Lust Ring. Double Ring is the Strongest ST in the Moment.

Statwise you have too much haste for Double Ring and you are lacking in Mastery.
If you want to play Double Ring try stacking more mastery , your Mana is limited and you'll get burned hard if you dont have enough Mastery.

The talents you currently have on WCL are hopefully not your Raid Talents otherwise please look again in the Arcane Mage Guide.

At last the Relic in the middle of your Weapon is practically no good in ST. (Relic Rankings) I would Recommend to exchange it with a better one.
testacular

Unread postby testacular Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Hey there!

From what i can see you use the Prototype Personnel Decimator which is no good for Arcane at all, I would even take an 920 Sentinal Owl instead of it. (Look Spreadsheet)
Granted, but my owl is merely 915 I think.
But I did get Arcanocrystal recently so I need to re-sim with that.
Part of your problem is that you dont have the 2 set from ToS, but you already mentioned that.
The 2set should not be so significant though, right? It's 10% dmg for like 2-3 spells.
And yea, you can play with Resonance safely, but some people do it even without that.
But the main reason I didn't bother with 2/4 set is that it won't fit with my Kilt.
The Double Ring combo is only good in ST for MT i use Shoulders + Lust Ring. Double Ring is the Strongest ST in the Moment.

Statwise you have too much haste for Double Ring and you are lacking in Mastery.
If you want to play Double Ring try stacking more mastery , your Mana is limited and you'll get burned hard if you dont have enough Mastery.
Let's disregard MT for now, there I run shoulders/kilt and (opposed to most readers on these forums) even Arcane Orb and I always had rather good MT results.

As for ST, I am looking for a way not to play double ring and still deal more damage. If there is any such way of course. Would you have any advice in that direction?

The talents you currently have on WCL are hopefully not your Raid Talents otherwise please look again in the Arcane Mage Guide.
Ofc they are not. You can check the logs from fights to see I do not use those. These ones I did PVP with.
At last the Relic in the middle of your Weapon is practically no good in ST. (Relic Rankings) I would Recommend to exchange it with a better one.
You are right but ilvl > trait in most cases and this one I got because of ilvl back there and so far I was unable to grab another one.
I also need to note that judging relic by its first trait is now a bit off as it can give the best trait as last option in the crucible tree.
But I get your point here and know about it, it's just that I can't drop better one.

What about the rotation and/or opener? Did you notice any bigger mistake(s) there? I went over several other good-parsing mages there but haven't found any crucial difference.
testacular

Unread postby testacular Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:47 pm

BTW I did re-sim myself with other trinkets at my disposal including 915 Own, 910 arcanocrystal, 935 acrid catalyst injector. Of those only Arcanocrystal beats the Prototype Personnel Decimator and only by mere 6k DPS in total (1848308 dps versus 1854012 dps).

I also did put on the double ring combo and swapped legging for some 950ilvl I had there and resimmed. The results are worse in DPS (not much though) but strangely enough the PAWN is pretty similar. Mastery remains the worst stat to get and haste the best.

One way or the other I am unable to hold stable anywhere close to what SIMc says (I know you can't get as high due to mechanics and such but still...).
The numbers I am now doing at Varimathas are more like 1,45kk or 1,5kk.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:11 am

Do these 5 things and your arcane damage will be bomb.

1. Always go in to your burn with 3 AMs
2. Never interrupt your burn for anything, leave mechanics for other people during those 15 seconds.
3. When your fake prismatic crystal goes off (forget it's name now) hit it as hard as you can with AB and AM and only clear when it ends.
4. If you have to move and don't have AM always hit AE, it's only a tiny bit less damage than an AB.
5. pray to the rng gods for crits and missiles.
testacular

Unread postby testacular Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:09 am

1. Always go in to your burn with 3 AMs
Excepting the initial burst and mini burst, I agree. And you might be actually right that I do not always do this.
2. Never interrupt your burn for anything, leave mechanics for other people during those 15 seconds.
Hmm, I am not sure I want to be a complete jerk.
I do try to time it so that it doesn't overlap though.
3. When your fake prismatic crystal goes off (forget it's name now) hit it as hard as you can with AB and AM and only clear when it ends.
Eeeeh? Can't see what you mean here?
Touch of the Magi?
Doing so possibly contradicts being able to enter burn phase with 3 AM then. Or makes you delay it which I am not sure is worth it?
... and your arcane damage will be bomb.
TBH I feel like fire or frost do better on like every boss with exception to full retard AOE as portal keeper (when staying down), Eonar or possibly high command. That being said I am staying arcane anyway :-P
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Touch of the magi is the fake prismatic crystal, i couldn't remember it's name.

you are right though, only burn in to it if it's not going to get in the way of your normal burn but with kilt you should be able to burn whenever something procs.

Return to “Arcane”