Details resets at Evocation

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Kataii

Details resets at Evocation

Unread postby Kataii Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:12 pm

When I'm working on my rotation at the training dummies, Details damage meter resets the segment every time I Evocate. I've talked to other Arcane mages that find that as annoying as I do. Has anyone found a way to make it not do that? I don''t remember Skada or Recount doing that.
Ribbit

Re: Details resets at Evocation

Unread postby Ribbit Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Probably not the ideal solution, but if all you're doing is working on your rotation then you could always summon your good friend arcane boi (talent row 1) and that'll keep you in combat while u evocate.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:55 am

You are dripping out of combat during evo.

Stand next to the lesser dummys so your explosion hits them at the end of the channel and you shouldn't have any problems.
Kazaar

Unread postby Kazaar Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:26 am

another solution is to always reset your skada/details before practice and set to TOTAL damage done. should be the same as current fight because the only thing that changes is that it doesn't reset because of evo.
greetz
davesignal

Unread postby davesignal Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:27 pm

You won't drop combat if you clip Evocation after three ticks, which is what you're supposed to be doing anyway. Channeling the spell fully is a bit of a waste, since you're almost certainly going to overcap your mana.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:11 pm

If you are running double ring with high mastery you should wait till you are topped up when using evo, it can account for three 4 stack abs which is a lot better than 1 gcd.

Return to “Arcane”