under-performing by 21-33%. please help!

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
lewis2113

under-performing by 21-33%. please help!

Unread postby lewis2113 Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:24 pm

hello! full disclaimer: i can only imagine how much these forums are and have been filled with people just asking for help cause their dps is low. soo a big thank you goes out to anyone who takes a look at this and offers help. truly, lyl

logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/executus/yaze (not sure why it doesn't show my mythic Eonar kill as of 1/28)

sim: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... 69ayfY2pM4

currently 4/11 mythic and expecting to be 5/11 in a couple days. I am concerned that the new recruits for my guild will bump me out of the raid team since I am under performing ESPECIALLY in single target fights. ofc I could switch to frost for ST fights but id really like to continue in arcane. ive only been raiding for in any capacity for the last 5.5 months so I am concerned that im making huge, glaring mistakes on top of the small things that can give me little dps bumps.

I have all the important arcane legos, use deadly grace for pure ST and ppp for anything else. doing standard opener with CU using two back-to-back RoP and then one minute later doing Aluneth and PoM with one RoP and then holding on to my next RoP until AP is back up.

again, thank you vvvvvvvvm for even looking at this
brayden

Re: under-performing by 21-33%. please help!

Unread postby brayden Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:17 am

Just by looking over your logs, I think that your "burst phase" is relatively weak, as you should be able to hit around 5-8 million nowadays during lust phase. Some tips I would recommend are:
1) do you have 3 arcane missle procs before you start your rotation (aside opener)?
2) are you fully utilizing your T21 4-piece by barraging and immediately CU or POM (given 2-piece)?
3) are your stats fully itemized (I usually run around 10k Crit/Haste and 5-8k Vers/Mastery)?
4) your relics seem a little weak (might be contributing towards it)
5) trinkets (would always recommend Beacon/Owl & Norgannon's)

I would just highly recommend sitting at the dummies and practice your burn phase. Try to get the most casts out of it and maximize your CD's! My logs are https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps if you wanna check them out. Cheers!
Saiirod

Unread postby Saiirod Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:05 pm

You seem to lack a shit ton of crit. (for instance I have 39% crit, 31% haste, 26% mastery and 16% versa using kilt/archmage)
After checking your last kills, you seem to move way too much and have a lot of downtime (around 26%), arcane isn't a mobile spec at all, the more still you are, the more dps you'll do. To avoid moving, you need to know the mechanics very well and be alraedy well positioned expecting shit to happen to avoid being caught offguard. Try to move by blinking when possible and do use Displacement
Your burst phases seem also weak, might be coming from low crit but probably not entirely

You shouldn't think about going frost for single target fights, Arcane is more than viable atm in both st and aoe, stick to it and pracctice it. And if you aren't already, keep every loot you get in your bank or whatever and change your builds and test new things

I'm not by any means the best arcane mage, but we aren't that many so we have to help eachothers right ?
Here are my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps
only 3 bosses yea, we started late.

Try and compare with other arcane to see what they do and what you aren't doing
Have a nice day :>

Saiirod,
Bhallspawn

Unread postby Bhallspawn Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:56 am

I'm also strugling in Antorus while I had lego hc logs and epic mythic logs in Tos.

In mythic I tend to sacrifice a lot of dps for surviving and doing tactics, but I'm getting blue logs in heroic to so it means I am doing something wrong..

Gameplay hasn't changed between 2 raids so it must be my itemization or the fact you move a lot more in Antorus.

Btw Saii, I see you are using Decimator and Terminus trinkets for ST fights? I know they are great trinkets for aoe, but why using it on ST?

Your logs are great so it is probably correct choice i just need to understand logic behind it.
Abscond

Unread postby Abscond Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:55 pm

Terminus replaces owl as your on use which pretty much doesn't get switched out for any fight in the instance.
Your other trinket is norgannons on pretty much every fight except Eonar and high command.
He also said he started late so his trinket might be low ilvl.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:58 pm

i have owl and terminus at 945 and owl does more, terminus is the same at 15 ilvls, and only better when 20 ilvls higher.
Abscond

Unread postby Abscond Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:18 pm

i have owl and terminus at 945 and owl does more, terminus is the same at 15 ilvls, and only better when 20 ilvls higher.
Owl will only be higher on pure single target with absolutely no movement while it is up which is dadadada not a single fight in the instance.

I also have a 945 owl and a 970 terminus. Owl certainly does sim higher but you also have to hold cds and some of the fight durations are just pretty shit to get reasonable uses out of it.

I don't really go In for farm kills anymore but during progression and a few rekills you'd be lucky squeezing out 2 solid owl uses I can only imagine now.
Also keep in mind there's going to be next to no one with a high enough ilvl owl to out damage a heroic/mythic beacon.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:22 am

Well I meant in terms of raw damage, 945 terminus does about 9m with rop and AP where as sentinel will do 14m to 17m.
Saiirod

Unread postby Saiirod Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:56 pm

Btw Saii, I see you are using Decimator and Terminus trinkets for ST fights? I know they are great trinkets for aoe, but why using it on ST?
Well it depends the fight actually, my decimator is 970 which make it fine for st aswell, it does usually 6-8% dps by itself, and I mostly use terminus on specific fights like Doggos because they are packed at pull and terminus just aoe the shit out of them, also using it on kingaroth, my other choices are norgannon and arcano 910 sockets, since I haven't been lucky in over 60 kills of sisters in tos I don't have a competitive owl that does better than my terminus and/or decimator so there is that

Every damage trinket will be decent in arcane anyway in my opinion, decimator from garothi crits for 2.4M during burst and it proccs a fuck ton

Also simcraft seems to validate my thought on my trinkets
Attachments
sim.png
Abscond

Unread postby Abscond Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pm

Well I meant in terms of raw damage, 945 terminus does about 9m with rop and AP where as sentinel will do 14m to 17m.
Where pretty far into the tier I figure most people that visit here have at least killed high command.

Well it depends the fight actually, my decimator is 970 which make it fine for st aswell, it does usually 6-8% dps by itself, and I mostly use terminus on specific fights like Doggos because they are packed at pull and terminus just aoe the shit out of them, also using it on kingaroth, my other choices are norgannon and arcano 910 sockets, since I haven't been lucky in over 60 kills of sisters in tos I don't have a competitive owl that does better than my terminus and/or decimator so there is that

Every damage trinket will be decent in arcane anyway in my opinion, decimator from garothi crits for 2.4M during burst and it proccs a fuck ton

Also simcraft seems to validate my thought on my trinkets
Never sim patchwerk even when comparing trinkets. It gives you a number that's completely skewed for arcane.
And what ilvl is your terminus that a 970 gorothi trinket is better?
Saiirod

Unread postby Saiirod Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:02 pm

Never sim patchwerk even when comparing trinkets. It gives you a number that's completely skewed for arcane.
And what ilvl is your terminus that a 970 gorothi trinket is better?
I don't only do sim, I usually test them in real situations, and compare between my kills, differences in trinket output

Terminus 945, decimator 970

decimator have haste which is about 5% haste, terminus have mastery which is garbage, my terminus usually get ahead only if I can close the fight with my cds which doesn't happen a lot

Return to “Arcane”