I sim 700k under simcraft ilvl730 patchwork sim

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Arthnox

I sim 700k under simcraft ilvl730 patchwork sim

Unread postby Arthnox Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I am ilvl 936 with no set bonus and non ideal trinkets and legendaries. I currently sim around 900k dps which, at that ilvl, seems a little low to me, especially considering ToS sims at ilvl 930 are simming at around 1.6mil.

In Antorus LFR, I normally sit between 900k and 1.1mil depending on the fight. I feel like my rotation is mostly right but not perfect...

My question is, at ilvl 936, I would expect to sim much higher than I do and easily maintain over 1mil dps over the course of a fight, what am I missing that represents the biggest dps increase?
- Legendaries? (I have neither kilt or shard which would complement my soul of the archmage)
- Set bonus? (I dont currently have T21 bonuses but working on at least getting the LFR version short term)
- Trinkets? (My trinkets are not perfect but they are not total trash either so I dont think that's it)

I also dont have the nether crucible unlocked just yet but I dont think that represents a substancial chunk of DPS...?

I would like to be able to get to around 1.2 or 1.3mil to be able to start farming normal or heroic antorus but feel like something is holding me back...is my ilvl still too low or is something crucial missing?

thanks alot for the help
Bhallspawn

Re: I sim 700k under simcraft ilvl730 patchwork sim

Unread postby Bhallspawn Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:15 am

Give us some logs.
Arthnox

Unread postby Arthnox Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:22 pm

Actually my question was not necessarily to evaluate my performance, it was to know why I was simming so low given my 936 ilvl. I am at or above the simmed values on most fights but have a hard time seeing what I am missing to increase those sim values.
ToS Mythic sims at 930ilvl give the arcane mage sims around 1.6mil dps and I am simming at 700k under that. I need to know if its simply a matter of set bonuses and legendaries or if I am missing something crucial.
Bhallspawn

Unread postby Bhallspawn Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Give us some armory
roldy

Unread postby roldy Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:51 am

*snip*
Itemlevel doesn't mean anything if your items are suboptimal. Replicated your gear with stuff I had on my bank and simmed it versus my top simming gearset. Netherlight crucible is also an insane dps boost tried to replicate me not running with crucible versus having a full crucible as well.

Sims on simulationcraft.com are done with the most optimal gear you can find in current mythic raids. Best trinkets/best set items/best legendaries. You have one good legendary, one good trinket though at low itemlevel and no set. No wonder your simdps is going to suck. :D

My gear vs suboptimal gear https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... 3AGoPFkqoP -> over 400k dps loss
Crucible vs no crucible https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... svGYNbjUDk -> 200k dps loss (weapon even 3 ilvls higher than it would be without crucible)

I am no arcane main so my gear is not perfectly optimized to play arcane. If it were the differences would be even higher.

Edit: Just saw you go the pants so grats on that. This would be you with the set (even full LFR) and the pantheon trinket @940 https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... oPdFdsdMGb - So some easy stuff you can fix to still get substantial dps increases. Still no crucible though you REALLY need to fix that, it's probably the easiest dps increase you can get.

Return to “Arcane”