What am i doing wrong?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
time987

What am i doing wrong?

Unread postby time987 Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 pm

So i been playing arcane off and on. In the last 2 months my guild needed dps over heals. But were hitting hero raiding and it look like I'm in for dpsing for a long time. My issies is that I sim at 1.2 m and can only pull 800 k at the best of time. I honeslty don't want to drag my team down but any way i can improve?
logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YnmLywzB4d9vTM3j (zilkat)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ore/zilkat

now I do have the 2 rings ( just dont have some thing to replace the legs.)
hwantaw

Re: What am i doing wrong?

Unread postby hwantaw Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:38 am

I recommend trying the archmage ring instead of shard, It makes your life easier.
Also try to get a terminus signal beacon trinket to replace catalyst, but catalyst isn't bad so that's not huge.
Also try and switch out some of your mastery gear if you can, especially the ring.

Okay so looking at your Immonar fight:

Need to change your opener.

Get to 4 Arcane Charges.
Mark of Aluneth
Rune of Power
Arcane Barrage (This followed by charged up triggers your tier bonus for bonus damage)
CDs (Charged Up, Arcane Power, Presence of Mind, Trinkets, Racials)
(Now burn)

You can do a second Charged Up/RoP mini burn when Charged Up comes off CD, There's about 10 second window to do this. You want to go into this with 3 Missile stacks. Don't worry about syncing Mark of Aluneth with this, just cast it after the burn.

Make sure you go into your second major burn with 3 missile stacks as well.
MasterOfMemeSpecs

Unread postby MasterOfMemeSpecs Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Looking at your Varimathras log, you didn't line any of your cooldowns up. A major part of doing optimal arcane dps is lining up AP + RoP + PoM for your burst windows, and then also using RoP with MoA
Abscond

Unread postby Abscond Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:25 am

I recommend trying the archmage ring instead of shard, It makes your life easier.
Also try to get a terminus signal beacon trinket to replace catalyst, but catalyst isn't bad so that's not huge.
Also try and switch out some of your mastery gear if you can, especially the ring.

Okay so looking at your Immonar fight:

Need to change your opener.

Get to 4 Arcane Charges.
Mark of Aluneth
Rune of Power
Arcane Barrage (This followed by charged up triggers your tier bonus for bonus damage)
CDs (Charged Up, Arcane Power, Presence of Mind, Trinkets, Racials)
(Now burn)

You can do a second Charged Up/RoP mini burn when Charged Up comes off CD, There's about 10 second window to do this. You want to go into this with 3 Missile stacks. Don't worry about syncing Mark of Aluneth with this, just cast it after the burn.

Make sure you go into your second major burn with 3 missile stacks as well.
People only go to for charges of they are using pants without 2s.
You don't cast mark you hold it for 30 seconds because there is no window. It's a 1 minute cd, charged up is 45 so you can do whatever you want with that. You also don't use rune, pretty much everything you've said was wrong.

Return to “Arcane”