Arcane Alt Advice

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Beebop

Arcane Alt Advice

Unread postby Beebop Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:05 pm

Hey guys!

New member here.. trying to gear up an Arcane mage alt (I main a windwalker) and was looking for advice on how to improve my DPS. I sim at about 1.2 but I was only pulling about 900k on most fights. Anything other than obtaining the rings? Thank you

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RF ... &source=10

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ras/beebop
magictricks

Re: Arcane Alt Advice

Unread postby magictricks Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:34 am

The sims are not accurate for arcane unless you make the fight length exactly the same.

There's a huge difference between a fight ending at 2:59 and 3:20
timmywitt

Re: Arcane Alt Advice

Unread postby timmywitt Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:40 am

Get the kilt. Rings are all well and good, but they are not the legendary you want for your alt character trying to pick up the spec.

Kilt+Soul for ST and Kilt+Shoulders for AoE will make a world of difference in your damage, and will be magnitudes easier to play than double ring.

In the meantime, focus on lining all of your damage up. When you throw down that rune and pop arcane power, you punch those CDs and throw all of your trinkets into it. Don't stagger them throughout the fight.

For movement, do not forget about Displacement. It is incredibly powerful for getting back to where you were before you picked up something nasty, and you can be casting when you displace back (just be careful about facing the boss).

And get that Vitality trinket on a separate button, it only has a 1 minute CD and you can whack that thing twice as often as most trinkets (target a high-health add if you can).

Return to “Arcane”