Supernova needs a glyph

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
slash1975

Supernova needs a glyph

Unread postby slash1975 Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi guys

Thought I'd mention that supernova does amazing damage but my tanks are going nuts because the adds are flying all over the place!

We need a glyph that has the same effect of a shaman's thunderstorm, removing the knock-ups! Atm I'm forbidden to use supernova because of the knock ups!

What u guys think?

Geam
Ghanjo

Re: Supernova needs a glyph

Unread postby Ghanjo Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:15 am

While I think it's a good idea, I don't think there are any glyphs for talents, only for baseline spells.
Sturmcantor

Unread postby Sturmcantor Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:30 am

Hi guys

Thought I'd mention that supernova does amazing damage but my tanks are going nuts because the adds are flying all over the place!

We need a glyph that has the same effect of a shaman's thunderstorm, removing the knock-ups! Atm I'm forbidden to use supernova because of the knock ups!

What u guys think?

Geam
Why do your tanks care if the mobs get knocked up? They don't "fly all over the place," they move up a few yards and then back down.
ShaObito

Unread postby ShaObito Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:30 am

The scatter effect doesn't happen if you don't rapid fire the two charges after each other. Wait for the mobs to land before hitting it a second time and the tanks won't have to deal with the slight scattering effect.
Chev
Global Moderator

Unread postby Chev Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:19 am

Why do your tanks care if the mobs get knocked up? They don't "fly all over the place," they move up a few yards and then back down.
As an ex-tank, it would annoy me if I was trying to move the adds and that was delayed because the add had been knocked up in the air for a few seconds (x2).

Another reason is this could have an impact on the tank is managing damage being received. E.g. DK Blood Shield looks as damaged received in the past 5 seconds to work out the size of the Blood Shield being generated. If the adds have all been knocked in the air for 3 seconds of that 5 (doing no damage), they will have a weaker Blood Shield and when they land, their swing timers will have been reset so now all adds will be hitting at the exact same time rather than spread out based on when they reached the tank.

With that said, I'm a bit of douche bag so I will still be using it if it will get me more damage for that fight.
Crabmodem

Unread postby Crabmodem Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:10 pm

While I think it's a good idea, I don't think there are any glyphs for talents, only for baseline spells.
hunters have one. It is the minor Glyph of Stampede, so it;s not unheard of now.
Ghanjo

Unread postby Ghanjo Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:02 pm

hunters have one. It is the minor Glyph of Stampede, so it;s not unheard of now.
Oh, thanks, I couldn't think of a single one.
Sturmcantor

Unread postby Sturmcantor Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:20 pm

As an ex-tank, it would annoy me if I was trying to move the adds and that was delayed because the add had been knocked up in the air for a few seconds (x2).

Another reason is this could have an impact on the tank is managing damage being received. E.g. DK Blood Shield looks as damaged received in the past 5 seconds to work out the size of the Blood Shield being generated. If the adds have all been knocked in the air for 3 seconds of that 5 (doing no damage), they will have a weaker Blood Shield and when they land, their swing timers will have been reset so now all adds will be hitting at the exact same time rather than spread out based on when they reached the tank.

With that said, I'm a bit of douche bag so I will still be using it if it will get me more damage for that fight.
Point 1 is fair, but doesn't warrant a tank saying "NO SUPERNOVA EVER". Point 2 is only semi-valid. Yes, you could potentially sync the add swing timers. However, if the adds are not hitting you for your 3 out of 5 seconds, you're also not taking damage. Finally Death Strike isn't based on dmg taken anymore.
supervixen

Unread postby supervixen Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:51 am

Not only tanks but melee is complaining too :(
aycheff

Unread postby aycheff Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:53 am

All the mages an I team up and go arcane and all use supernova just to mess with melee :D

I think a glyph would be nice as well lol

Return to “Arcane”