LF Support for Arcane tweaks BfA

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Siars

LF Support for Arcane tweaks BfA

Unread postby Siars Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:59 pm

Sorry in advance to the staff of the site if this is considered an inappropriate use of the forum.

After playing Arcane on the beta, I feel like it's really close to being something that I enjoy, but it doesn't quite hit the mark and instead feels a little awkward. I went to the forums on WoW's official site to see if anyone was talking about it and thought that this guy summed it up perfectly in his post.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765006710

All I'm asking is that you guys take a moment to pop over and give it an up vote in an attempt to get blizzard's attention while there's still a chance (Ion said that the window for big changes is rapidly closing, so it's not closed yet!) for some smaller adjustments before BfA makes it's way to live.
magictricks

Re: LF Support for Arcane tweaks BfA

Unread postby magictricks Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:18 pm

"It would also give Overpowered (discussed later) an actual drawback."

What is the fascination of giving mages double edge sword abilitys?, we are going to be balanced around it no matter how good or bad something is so why not just make it a normal skill? without some extra bullshit to deal with, i only see it within the mage community.

Profanity removed by a mod. Please watch your language when writing on these forums.
Siars

Unread postby Siars Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:03 pm

What is the fascination of giving mages double edge sword abilitys?, we are going to be balanced around it no matter how good or bad something is so why not just make it a normal skill? without some extra bullshit to deal with, i only see it within the mage community.

If Overpowered didn't reduce the mana cost of spells, it would allow for more clearcasting procs to burn with. Just a thought.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:12 pm

If Overpowered didn't reduce the mana cost of spells, it would allow for more clearcasting procs to burn with. Just a thought.
And if you dont get lucky procs you just wasted your entire mana bar for nothing.

Also as was stated earlier Doing AM is a dps loss, with clearcasting or not.
Julia

Unread postby Julia Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:31 am

The thing is that overpowered is actually widly concired a overpowered and spec breaking spell. It basically makes it so a arcane mage doesnt actively have to think about their mana anymore. This is horrible as it makes it so the entire class identity is thrown out the window.

Also you stated using AM is a dps decrease even with CC, this is false according to the sims.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:45 am

Also you stated using AM is a dps decrease even with CC, this is false according to the sims.
http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic ... 487#p42911

So who is wrong, you or him?.
Julia

Unread postby Julia Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:34 am

He is since I have sims to back up my statement. Look at the actual post from Dutch, the person who developed BfA's APL, and you'll see as well that AM is being used in both burn and converse phases.

Return to “Arcane”