[BFA Prepatch] Clearcasting bugged at times with slipstream?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Chiv

[BFA Prepatch] Clearcasting bugged at times with slipstream?

Unread postby Chiv Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:43 pm

I've noticed at times where if I do a non Clearcasting missiles into a clearcasting missiles (say the non-clear missile proc'd the clear missile), you don't get the benefit of slipstream channeling the 2nd missile. If you move, you interrupt yourself.

There has been other times where I'll have clearcasting then I missiles and move only to interrupt it as well but I am currently testing which situations.

https://my.mixtape.moe/jtafqp.mp4

Here I channel a few non-clearcasting missiles until I get a proc then queue it after another non one and move to see if it interrupts. which it does
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Re: [BFA Prepatch] Clearcasting bugged at times with slipstream?

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:18 pm

This is sadly a "known" (existed before pre-patch) bug with chaining missiles. You also don't get the bonus channeling speed from the clearcasting.

Let's hope it gets fixed before bfa launches since it looks like there's more eyes on arcane now.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Chiv

Unread postby Chiv Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:52 pm

This is sadly a "known" (existed before pre-patch) bug with chaining missiles. You also don't get the bonus channeling speed from the clearcasting.

Let's hope it gets fixed before bfa launches since it looks like there's more eyes on arcane now.
Well it did! Good for blizz.

IDK if it warrants an entirely new thread but I've noticed clipping the end of a clearcasted missiles makes the next missile channel clearcasted as well (even if you have one clearcast) so it shoots 1 extra with amplification and channels faster.

do you think it'd be a dps increase at all to always clip the clearcasted missiles with another missiles for essentially a double proc?

Thanks.

example of what I'm saying : https://my.mixtape.moe/cktmlr.mp4

My channel bar was behind the details window but I clipped a clearcasted missiles with normal missiles for 12 hits and faster channel
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:45 pm

Well it did! Good for blizz.

IDK if it warrants an entirely new thread but I've noticed clipping the end of a clearcasted missiles makes the next missile channel clearcasted as well (even if you have one clearcast) so it shoots 1 extra with amplification and channels faster.

do you think it'd be a dps increase at all to always clip the clearcasted missiles with another missiles for essentially a double proc?

Thanks.

example of what I'm saying : https://my.mixtape.moe/cktmlr.mp4

My channel bar was behind the details window but I clipped a clearcasted missiles with normal missiles for 12 hits and faster channel
Yeah that bug is also known. It is a good suggestion to see if it is a DPS increase to always clip CC though. I haven't actually tried simming it to see if it is a DPS increase yet. I hopefully have time thursday to work on this and see if it turns out a DPS increase.

It's worth nothing the bug also works the other way around. So if you harcast AM and follow it up by clearcasting AM, you don't benefit from amplification and the CC channel speed. This is important to realize when you follow a CC AM by a non CC AM, and then clearcasting procs during it.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Chiv

Unread postby Chiv Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:36 pm

One thing that is odd is the clipped 2nd non-clearcasting missiles does not benefit from slipstream lol

Return to “Arcane”