Arcane Opinion reveiw by theory crafters

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
JohnCrichton

Arcane Opinion reveiw by theory crafters

Unread postby JohnCrichton Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:33 am

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285963/arca ... y-opinions

In my humble opinion those theorycrafters has no clue how arcane is working at all.They removed erosion-the best talent for AoE fights,they removed explosion of barrage also amazing buff for AoE,removed buff from charges to all spells except blast and theory crafter said that is interesting and strong dmg...i think they are living in another world,cuz our dmg is far away from strong atm.They always called us 1 button spec,and now we are just 1 button spec,cuz outside of AB spamming we dont have any other choice.I really suspect there is someone in Blizzard who hate arcane and make everything possible to put it always at bottom.

Like Arcane Missiles, Arcane Explosion has also been decoupled from Arcane Charge, insofar as it no longer receives the damage buff. This does limit the usefulness of Mastery in AOE situations, as it will only affect spells buffed by Arcane Charge, and thus does not incentivize casting Arcane Explosion. However, the reintroduction of its ability to generate Arcane Charge, after being initially removed in early alpha, does enough to encourage Arcane Explosion usage if only for its instant cast nature allowing for more frequent 3 - 4 stack Arcane Barrage casts. So 3-4 stacks barrage will bring what? 50-100 more dmg? Theory crafters in wowhead are a joke.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Re: Arcane Opinion reveiw by theory crafters

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:19 pm

I don't think anything can be said about the damage of any spec, as tuning is still underway, so I will focus mostly on the mechanical things, and not numbers.
they removed explosion of barrage also amazing buff for AoE
I'm not sure I get this. Arcane Barrage in BfA is very hard hitting in AoE situations. Harder than it was in Legion.
They always called us 1 button spec,and now we are just 1 button spec,cuz outside of AB spamming we dont have any other choice.
I agree. Arcane in BfA seems to lack some additional button presses. In Legion, we did not really have many more spells, but there was a lot more decision making that had to be done in terrms of mana management, but in BfA mana management is barely a thing anymore with how much mana we regen. "Conserve" barrely exists anymore.
Like Arcane Missiles, Arcane Explosion has also been decoupled from Arcane Charge, insofar as it no longer receives the damage buff. This does limit the usefulness of Mastery in AOE situations,
Decoupling them has both up and downsides. The main upside is that they now do damage without Arcane Charges, so they're actually useful at all points now. But as you said, the downside is no more mastery scaling. I don't think the last problem is that big, since secondary stat scaling is quite low in BfA, so we will never get super high levels of secondaries.
Theory crafters in wowhead are a joke.
These people aren't theorycrafters from Wowhead. They work on simcraft and are all part of altered time as well. (Most of the math behind all the posts on these forums are either directly or indirectly affected by their work)
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!

Return to “Arcane”