Charged Up Raid Bug

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Fitzban

Charged Up Raid Bug

Unread postby Fitzban Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:22 am

Has anyone else noticed this issue or put in a bug report? Why does charged up go away when a boss is pulled? Not sure what the cause is but it's very frustrating. The bug existed on beta and was fixed but is now back.
Last edited by Fitzban on Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Re: Charged Up Raid Bug

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:08 am

Has anyone else noticed this issue or put in a bug report? Why does charged up go away when a boss is pulled? So frustrating I can't even being to describe it. I think it is tied to the time warp reset or something. The bug existed on beta was fixed and is now back. Please report it.
This is not a bug, but intended.

Arcane Charges reset to 0 when you enter raid combat. Just pre-pull with Arcane Blast and then use Charged Up after you got into raid combat.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Fitzban

Unread postby Fitzban Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Is this new with BfA? Been raiding with Arcane forever and never had that happen before Uldir. Seems a little weird but as long as other people are noticing it too and I’m not crazy I feel a little better. Thanks for the response.
Fitzban

Unread postby Fitzban Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:47 pm

Oh and another thought, a zero charge arcane blast might as well be nothing. Would it make less sense to open with arcane missiles? Or will that delay our opener too much?
Mendax

Unread postby Mendax Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Since they made the spell, it is resetted when you pull a boss in raid. So no bug at all.
Bibbs

Unread postby Bibbs Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:38 pm

This is relevant to Charged up as well not sure if anyone else has this issue but when I use charged up I only get 3 charges instead of 4. It's really weird and if anyone could explain it to me that would be fantastic.
jeffrybungle

Unread postby jeffrybungle Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:40 pm

This is relevant to Charged up as well not sure if anyone else has this issue but when I use charged up I only get 3 charges instead of 4. It's really weird and if anyone could explain it to me that would be fantastic.

Bump on this. Seen this on my char too, not always but sometimes. Thought my weakaruas were playing up.
Bibbs

Unread postby Bibbs Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:17 am

Bump on this. Seen this on my char too, not always but sometimes. Thought my weakaruas were playing up.
Yeah. It's still happening to me once in a while. Last night during progression kill too. Kind of frustrating. Like you said though...I'm not 100% sure that it's just not my ELVUI messing up.
TER

Unread postby TER Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Has anyone else noticed this issue or put in a bug report? Why does charged up go away when a boss is pulled? So frustrating I can't even being to describe it. I think it is tied to the time warp reset or something. The bug existed on beta was fixed and is now back. Please report it.
This is not a bug, but intended.

Arcane Charges reset to 0 when you enter raid combat. Just pre-pull with Arcane Blast and then use Charged Up after you got into raid combat.
I'm not sure that this is a normal situation.
For example. Rogue combo points are not reseted;
Azatoth

Unread postby Azatoth Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:15 pm

ok this is frustrating for me. at first it only happened at Taloc. i said "ok" just one boss i can start differently, now at batlle for dazaralor it happened at first 3 bosses and i give up trying the rest for my mental health. this is the worst thing can happen to an arcane mage! drink up potion, charge up, rune, arcane power, boss is pulled and "booom" i have no charges.... it feels like missing the penalty at world cup final match.. it is more frustrating that blizzard take no action for this bug for over 6 months, maybe even 9-10months if we are going to count the beta era. i stopped trying progress runs with my main char.. i submitted bug 5-6 times, blizzard seem to take no action at all plus making it worse. why do we even have "charged up" if it is not going to charge me up?
someone said that it is not a bug; if it is not a bug, can you answer that: how come it happens "only" at Taloc and not at other bosses? it is big F bug. if it is not a bug i, agree with TER: "why not rogue combo is not reset?"
timmywitt

Unread postby timmywitt Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:03 pm

As Dutch mentioned, this is 100% the intended design, and exists to prevent shenanigans at the pull.
It used to be common practice to swap gear sets seconds before a pull to obtain stat buffs, reset the boss before the pull to gain rage/charges/combo points, and tons of other crap.

Unless you want to be forced to take Charged Up or find and kill 4 critters before every pull, let it go.

Return to “Arcane”