Galvanizing Spark weaker than tooltip suggests

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Poly

Galvanizing Spark weaker than tooltip suggests

Unread postby Poly Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:29 am

The tooltip of a 375 Galvanizing Spark says it increases the damage of arcane blast by 170.
But this is incorrect. It actually only increases its damage by 154.
A difference of about 9% damage.
375 "Mantle of Containted Corruption" euqipped: http://prntscr.com/llcbjk
To compare the damage without the trait i swapped to another piece of same item level:
375 "Shadra Silk Mantle" : http://prntscr.com/llcc7s.

I noticed this behaviour on the ptr while trying out the new traits and thought it was a tooltip not up to date or something so i checked on live.

Has it been nerfed and they just have not told us anything in the patchnotes or is this just a tooltip not beeing updated for 2 over two months?
Poly

Re: Galvanizing Spark weaker than tooltip suggests

Unread postby Poly Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:50 am

Further investigation: After unequipping everything but the above named pieces galvanizing spark only increases the damage by 145 instead of 170 which is a difference of ~ 18%.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:19 am

Did you take into account of the Arcane Aura?

https://imgur.com/a/c3FTodp
Poly

Unread postby Poly Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:16 pm

I also had that idea. But i don't think that the aura is the reason because if it was it should still be a fixed amount and not scale with other items you have equipped.

The amount of damage that arcane blast was increased by galvanizing spark actually did go down when i unequipped my other gear pieces. I only had one piece with Galvanizing Spark equipped and everytime i unequipped something else the damage increase of galvanizing spark decreased until i only had the azerit item equipped ultimately ending up at only 145 down from 154. Which again is - ~9% damage.
Keldion

Unread postby Keldion Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:55 am

Bonus damage from Galvanizing Spark will be affected by Versatility as well as the Arcane Mage aura, and the tooltip reflects all three.

If you applied the present 85% Arcane aura to your 170 point Galv Spark, you would get a result of 144.5.
Poly

Unread postby Poly Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Bonus damage from Galvanizing Spark will be affected by Versatility as well as the Arcane Mage aura, and the tooltip reflects all three.

If you applied the present 85% Arcane aura to your 170 point Galv Spark, you would get a result of 144.5.
Oh

I did not know it was acutally also scaling with versatility :O. That explains a lot

Thanks you

Return to “Arcane”