Arcane mage - stealth nerf in beta

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Auxilla

Arcane mage - stealth nerf in beta

Unread postby Auxilla Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:30 am

In last patch arcane mage got 18% stealth nerf to mana regeneration from 5000/mp5 to (2%/sec) to 4100 (1.64%/sec) ... other mage specs still have 5000 mp5 ...
Fez

Re: Arcane mage - stealth nerf in beta

Unread postby Fez Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Interesting. This might actually make the spec a bit more interesting to play tbh. Managing mana should be part of the core gameplay/rotation, but in shadowlands you can almost completely ignore it and still be fine. In my time playing mage on beta, I've barely even had to use Evocation.
Auxilla

Re: Arcane mage - stealth nerf in beta

Unread postby Auxilla Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:48 am

Managing mana should be part of the core gameplay/rotation, but in shadowlands you can almost completely ignore it and still be fine.
I'll agree with you, but blizzard long time ago changed our mechanics, cuz arcane spec was easy to play hard to master - 'hard' for new players... and we have to live with this new gameplay, btw not only in shadowlands you can completely forget about mana management in legion and in over half BfA you could also forget about this but nerfing mana regen won't make this spec interesting - we just got stick without carrot :< ... and like we had similar situation from many expansions ppl (most) won't play the most interesting spec but spec what deals most dmg - frost in SL right now. Look at fire mages at BfA - most ppl don't know how to play it (don't have items, stats, skill) but "I'll play as fire because ppl from top guild said its the best mage - even if in frost or arcane I'll do more dmg because I don't know how to play as fire" - I have meet many, many of that players, sad but true (I have also meet good fire mages but they are not as common as bad fire mages.)
In my time playing mage on beta, I've barely even had to use Evocation.
leveling and quest/wq - you are doing it right :>, dungeons and raid - you are doing something wrong :<

Return to “Arcane”