AM - T16-4pc reproc rate?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Mana Adepts of Azeroth.
Mop

AM - T16-4pc reproc rate?

Unread postby Mop Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:21 pm

So lately, in the back of my mind I felt that 4pc would reproc less than 15%. Kinda didn't think much about it until I started noticing more and more.
Today decided to do a small test. I didn't have much time so decided to get 20 AM's and see how many reprocs. Well that didn't really work out as I got 0. Decided to give it another 10 more AM's and still 0.. at this point I was 0:30 until the 31st proc reproc'd. So ended up with 1 reproc out of 31 AM's
Obviously the test sample is very very small but it just further pushing me to believe that the rate is wrong or got ninja nerfed.
Am I being paranoid ? RNG gods hating on me ? What are your experiences on this ?
Berlinia

Re: AM - T16-4pc reproc rate?

Unread postby Berlinia Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:01 pm

There is a bug which makes the default blizzard popup that you have AM not to show even when you get an extra one :)
Mop

Unread postby Mop Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Yes I've read that but I also use a separate poweraura for the procs. That bug also happen only if you have 2 procs up if I understood correctly.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:58 pm

From practice I do feel like the 4pc proc rate is lower than the 15% in the description, but since there's no combat log event for it AFAIK, it's pretty hard to get conclusive evidence.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Mop

Unread postby Mop Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:29 pm

From practice I do feel like the 4pc proc rate is lower than the 15% in the description, but since there's no combat log event for it AFAIK, it's pretty hard to get conclusive evidence.
I'ts easy to just count amount of hits. For my test I had 155 hits which is / 5 = 31 actual AM procs. For the actual reproc I was just paying attention to power aura / default ui proc and quartz (I believe it's quartz that shows my word buffs/debuffs)
Ghanjo

Unread postby Ghanjo Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Just did a test with 50 casts, and got 11 procs (22% procs total), which seems pretty lucky. I rarely see this on actual boss fights. Can't conclude anything from this, except that it's very RNG. I think it works as intended, but we would need much more data to see if it is somehow broken.
Last edited by Ghanjo on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:41 pm

I'ts easy to just count amount of hits. For my test I had 155 hits which is / 5 = 31 actual AM procs. For the actual reproc I was just paying attention to power aura / default ui proc and quartz (I believe it's quartz that shows my word buffs/debuffs)
It's talking about not consuming, which means you could compare missiles cast to buffs gained yeah. However we are talking about a 15% chance, which means that you'll always have a fairly big standard deviation.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!

Return to “Arcane”