7.3 Fire Mage CRIT HASTE build

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Sosaria

7.3 Fire Mage CRIT HASTE build

Unread postby Sosaria Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:56 am

Hi all,

Hard to find info on this particular build, where the fire mage stacks Crit/Haste for ST.

Example, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps

I'm just concerned that raidbots will still give the wrong stat weights/ dps calculations to aim for when you're trying to gear for the Crit/Haste build.

Any pointers please?
Aggrokalle

Re: 7.3 Fire Mage CRIT HASTE build

Unread postby Aggrokalle Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:04 pm

hmm this guy has some rly awesome logs...
i can almost duplicate his stats.

946 ilvl
51% crit
29 % haste
19,4% mastery
same trinkets

when i replicate his goroth fight, 2:54 with two BL on puppy, i got 1,64m dps. So it seems legit, that this build works rly well on this fight.
But his other fights are although pretty amazing. I dont this he goes straight for crit haste. I think he builds around 50% crit and goes mastery / haste afterwards.
But still i´d say he´s just a rly good fire mage with an pretty good guild. Look at these killtimes... They´re pretty sick.

edit: these are my logs, switched back to fire with 7.3
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 4742540/13#

demonic isnt my fight...
Sunspark

Unread postby Sunspark Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Im non hardcore fire mage player, i play crit build mostly.

My stats in game are:
69% crit 19k
17% haste 6350
15% mastery 4700
7% versa 3500

Im using wrists, shard and kindling. Didnt test with owl trinket.

simbot output for stats values looks like this:
( Pawn: v1: "sunspark - Fire (Raidbots)": Class=Mage, Spec=Fire, Intellect=17.23, CritRating=25.71, HasteRating=23.92, MasteryRating=24.77, Versatility=21.03 )

and dps looks a bit low. Im simed with 1,1kk but i finished sisters with 1,3kk dps while half of my guild was propably dead...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Rw ... amage-done

Im not a logs guy, but i guess 7:30 is not best time around.
gatomon_ca

Unread postby gatomon_ca Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:55 pm

I actually have been using this build for 1.5 months now. I pretty much have those stats as well. I'm not a mythic raider though but I can tell you, my dps output has been much better since I changed it.

The higher haste really helps with casting fire balls along with criticals - fishing for bracer procs. I'm enjoying this build so far.
Aggrokalle

Unread postby Aggrokalle Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:52 am

@sunspark:

with 940+ ilvl you should sim savely around 1,4m, so i guess you´re weights are kinda overboard. 65%+ crit is too much for sure.
Just remember - 100-90% boss hp, this stat gives you NOTHING!

playing with high crit makes the playstyle smoother, but i think its a trap... haste/vers is the go-to for ST (as long as u run belt!)
Syana

Unread postby Syana Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:01 pm

@sunspark:

with 940+ ilvl you should sim savely around 1,4m, so i guess you´re weights are kinda overboard. 65%+ crit is too much for sure.
Just remember - 100-90% boss hp, this stat gives you NOTHING!

playing with high crit makes the playstyle smoother, but i think its a trap... haste/vers is the go-to for ST (as long as u run belt!)
It's not a trap... Your sim dps will be lower but you will generally achieve that dps in raids because the spec becomes a tad bit less random.
Sunspark

Unread postby Sunspark Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Well dps when using a shard depends on fight lenght. My guild is in trouble when we need 20 players to start a raid. We got like 15 core and 5-7 players change every few weeks. Its a pain in the ass.

And yes, i agree 65% crit is much. Well with my gear im not able to drop it :D
Edlh

Unread postby Edlh Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi all,

Hard to find info on this particular build, where the fire mage stacks Crit/Haste for ST.

Example, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps

I'm just concerned that raidbots will still give the wrong stat weights/ dps calculations to aim for when you're trying to gear for the Crit/Haste build.

Any pointers please?
Hello there , seen's you linked my logs i found it the best that i give you some info about it aswell:D
First of all i didnt expect my logs would be linked like this anywhere , so thanks for that.
It was also hard for me to find any info on this build on the forums cause all the mage where playing frost and the ones that play fire are using the belt(now some switch to the ring) so i invented this stat ratio that works for me out of practice.
About raidbots , wouldnt know i never used it.
First il tell you what stat ratio i use and then il go over why i use that amount.

Crit at 56% - 58% Max
Haste 25% - 28% Max
Then all the way mastery and in the case that you cant find mastery gear then use vers , but mastery is BIS for after you reach this crit-haste i mentioned above.

Now about critical , the amount is not steady and what i mean by that is that for me thats what it feels like a good amount to have to be able to have a 2/3 fireball crit ratio which help a lot putting out your rotation , also critical helps on the hardcast pyroblast a lot ,cause when it crits its game over:D
I would suggest playing with 50-58% crit and checking what you feel is best to be able to put out the rotation and get the criticals you need to be able to move and dps on the run , cause we all know its all about the RNG baby.
Also be careful about putting to much critical also cause like i said reducing the amount of non crit pyroblasts and fireballs is amazingly good but if you over do it on crit you dont gain anything at all , just find that sweet spot where you feel like your pyro-fireball is criting enough for you to get the rotation out.

About haste , here its always good to have 25% + haste so you reduce that GCG on spells which helps a lot when you burst with combustion , it helps with getting fireball out faster and to reduce the CD on fireblast , haste is more reliable and should be always above 25% or 24% even but dont go above 28% for now.

Mastery and vers are just damage increases to be honest thats why you cap the crit-haste and then you go for mastery-vers after , mastery is just insane ,that sweet ignite with the high crit which makes you have a good ignite all the time

Thats all , if you have any more question let me know , and btw this is always a build with Wrist-timewarp ring for legendarys.

Return to “Fire”