Fire Trinkets

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Zrog

Fire Trinkets

Unread postby Zrog Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:09 pm

So, I just picked up Copeland's on the AH for 23k (low-pop server, hooray!), and I've noticed that I can't activate it at the same time that the Shards of Nothing is active. They don't share a cooldown, but they DO share a "can't be active at the same time" limitation.

(Yes, yes - I should probably go get the crafted trinket instead of Shards. It's on my to-do list...)

Does this interaction happen with any other trinkets that people know of? I'd never heard of this before.

Zrog
Wilderness

Re: Fire Trinkets

Unread postby Wilderness Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:27 pm

Yes, its something that all on-use trinkets share. You can't use 2 of them at the same time, its been that way for a long time now unfortunately.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
Zrog

Unread postby Zrog Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:24 am

Ah. Thanks. I took a 3.5 year break, so they must have changed that at some point.

Can you still have an "on equip" trinket proc and then still activate your "on use"?
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:41 am

Ah. Thanks. I took a 3.5 year break, so they must have changed that at some point.

Can you still have an "on equip" trinket proc and then still activate your "on use"?
On-use trinkets have triggered temporary cooldowns on each other since vanilla, after players used Talisman of Ephermeral Power together with Zandalarian Hero Charm to deal extreme damage in PVP. It was a change to stop the on-demand burst from using two on-click trinkets. In BC, players discussed whether to use Skull of Gul'dan first, or the Hex Shrunken Head first.

Proc trinkets do not have this issue, and do not trigger CDs on clickable trinkets.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Gnomecuddler

Unread postby Gnomecuddler Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:00 am

About trinkets for fire mages, what would be the ideal combination of trinkets at the moment? I've been checking some top parses from fire mages and saw them use Sandman's Pouch T3 and Copelands.

Running with Mythic Quiescent Runestone (HM mission) and Copelands myself but could just spend some gold getting the Pouch to T3 if that is more beneficial.
Becks

Unread postby Becks Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:17 am

Sandman's was BiS for Fire. With the haste buff I can see Runestone and Shards Mythic surpassing it. And I am saying this after having spend 42k gold on tier 3 yesterday...
Gnomecuddler

Unread postby Gnomecuddler Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:31 am

So would you then aim for Mythic Shards and Mythic Runestone and get rid of the 2 BoE trinkets?

We have Twins Mythic on farm so I have access to Shards to get the above combination.
Becks

Unread postby Becks Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:39 am

Let's just wait for the updated sims and hope the best ;)
Zrog

Unread postby Zrog Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Well crap. So Copeland's no longer BiS? I must have been looking at something old or incorrect.

I suspect Copeland's is still better than Crushto's, though... :D
Nisroc

Unread postby Nisroc Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Copelands has never been BiS for fire, it is very good but was only BiS Pre-Raid as that was the best together with Sandmans we had acces to.
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:42 pm

On-use trinkets have triggered temporary cooldowns on each other since vanilla, after players used Talisman of Ephermeral Power together with Zandalarian Hero Charm to deal extreme damage in PVP. It was a change to stop the on-demand burst from using two on-click trinkets. In BC, players discussed whether to use Skull of Gul'dan first, or the Hex Shrunken Head first.

Proc trinkets do not have this issue, and do not trigger CDs on clickable trinkets.
I love how you remember that 9 years later xD
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Everyone that was around remembers that, it was a glorious glorious time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLEhudSh51U" target="_blank
Zrog

Unread postby Zrog Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Ah. I vaguely remember that, but I was a tank back then, and then I went healer, so DPS-trinket-popping wasn't a thing for me until recently. I shadowpriest'ed a bit, but never ended up with two on-use trinkets equipped at the same time, I guess...
gameorg

Unread postby gameorg Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:01 am

Everyone that was around remembers that, it was a glorious glorious time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLEhudSh51U" target="_blank
To those who didnt have to opportunity to witness the best time for Arcane Mages in WoW.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=18820/talis ... eral-power" target="_blank
+ http://www.wowhead.com/item=19950/zanda ... hero-charm" target="_blank

Combined POM+AP+Pyroblast equals 3-4k Crit, with Hp Pools between 2800 and 4500 HP at that time.

There really was no better feeling than 1Shotting other ppl right from the mount with your overgeared PVE Mage. Ok soloing Warriors without Gear and lvl 1 Frostbolt was close to it.
Petfood101

Unread postby Petfood101 Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:20 pm

I feel like Copeland's Clarity is far better than the shards even now. In my experience the bigger the ignite the better the combustion and that much better your dps is. Why i think so is because the sheer contribution combustion makes to your dps is astonishing. While it might not be that big a deal on single target i think its value increases exponentially with each extra target. I could be wrong, but this is honestly what it feels like.

Can it be possible that the difference between a combustion with shards duration haste boost casted with say a 10k ignite will be much weaker than one without combustion but casted with probably a 13-14k ignite? I feel like it is but i cannot say for sure. But if you line up ur DMC proc and combustion and copelands i think it really outperforms shards.

Most of this is just an opinion, feel free to correct/prove me wrong.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:29 am

Why i think so is because the sheer contribution combustion makes to your dps is astonishing.
Combustion makes up about 8-11% of my total damage, and maybe a bit more on Tectus.
Not sure that counts as "sheer contribution". :)
ZerotuL

Unread postby ZerotuL Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:52 am

A lot of people forget about stat priority and ignore trinkets with intellect. I would select runestone and Nothing( :D )
You would say "Dude, these trinkets won't give a crit"? but you can stack a decent amount of crit even without trinkets(like tailoring with top stats rolled). You can check the best loot from raids and see what armor slots with crit+ haste/mastery still unavailable and tailor those and improve it-that's good way to stack a lot of crit and int with trinkets without sacrificing both.

Return to “Fire”