Kargath Mythic

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Flamecoil

Kargath Mythic

Unread postby Flamecoil Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:23 pm

So my guild is going to progress mythic tonight, naturally starting with Kargath. Which got me thinking; "what talents should I use?" I was planning to go for: Cold Snap, Blast Wave, Rune of Power and Meteor. But looking at footage of other people playing made me think that maybe we're moving around too much to use Rune of Power? And maybe Living Bomb is better due to the cats jumping up from the pits? Would love to have some input from those of you that have cleared the mythic bosses a couple of times as fire :)

Oh and I guess I should mention that I'm not going up to kill the adds. :lol:
Garrod

Re: Kargath Mythic

Unread postby Garrod Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:40 pm

Find some way to convince your raid lead to go up top and use LB lol. You're far more useful up there as Fire than down below.

For staying down below stick with BW and Meteor. MI will most likely net you the most DPS down there. Only fight I've really found RoP worth using over MI/IF is Mythic Butcher.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... d/advanced Fire for Mythic Raiding
<Side Project> 7/7 Mythic Highmaul 5/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:14 pm

Yeah, you should definitely go in the stands with LB, in which case also go for IF. I guess LB would still be nice for the tigers, but i haven't played that fight as fire yet because my gear sucks for it, so i'm not sure.

I don't think Cold Snap is particularly useful, and on that fight the damage is a bit unpredictable so i'd rather go Cauterize than GInvis.
Flamecoil

Unread postby Flamecoil Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Cold Snap is for the iceblock reset so I can soak the fixate twice:)
Glitzerbling

Unread postby Glitzerbling Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:52 pm

if you stay down, blast wave, mirror and meteor should be the best choice. going up however, LB, IF and for 100 tlaent idk. maybe meteor here too?
Flamecoil

Unread postby Flamecoil Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:23 am

I ended up going with BW, IF and Meteor. I reasoned with myself that IF would be better than MI since there would be cats up most of the fight. I would also like to add that it was a sucess :)
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:35 am

Cold Snap is for the iceblock reset so I can soak the fixate twice:)
Ah right, we just have hunters take care of that if they get it but mostly we just go for pillars to avoid it. Gz on your kill!
Emerys

Unread postby Emerys Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:19 am

Only fight I've really found RoP worth using over MI/IF is Mythic Butcher.
RoP is quite good on Kargath too, not to mention it can be used pretty effectively on twins if you place them right.
TLTeo

Unread postby TLTeo Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:50 am

On Mythic Kargath RoP is meh as there's lots more movement (tiger fixates for example). Same on Twins, i don't think you have enough uptime for it to be ahead of IF.

Return to “Fire”