5.4.8 Mastery/Haste testing

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
DeathDefier
Global Moderator

5.4.8 Mastery/Haste testing

Unread postby DeathDefier Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:02 pm

So it's been a few weeks since the upgrades came out, I was just wondering what haste numbers people have been running with and what type of results they have been getting with them.

I personally ran the full mastery build week one, and then week two and three I ran with 11.6k haste (non-troll). I felt like the full mastery build had really good potential if you had a perfect opener, but higher haste is way more consistent.

What are all you guys running with nowadays?
fuyuri

Re: 5.4.8 Mastery/Haste testing

Unread postby fuyuri Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:30 pm

The mages in my guild and I have been running 11663 for the past few weeks. I already plan on dropping more haste once our kill times get a bit better, and I get a few more upgrades. I definitely think that 11663 is the best build at the moment for most people with the current avg kill times. I did play 14.1K on Garrosh though and that went extremely well since we don't skip the second intermission, so our kill time is like 12ish minutes still.
Fuyuri - WHATEVER WERE AWESOME - Magtheridon
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/M ... i/advanced" target="_blank
https://twitter.com/FuyuriWoW" target="_blank
Dmages

Unread postby Dmages Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:20 am

well I started off by running with 9.3k haste and then all out mastery which went really well but then as I got the bboy just last week I started running 11.6k which is working real well for now. from the feeling 11.6k feels really decent to play with not too little haste and it probably pulls out the best numbers. I run this build even on Garrosh and its working well but well im not yet the best person to talk about it in P3 I keep on falling behind a bit in numbers with it if I dont get a good combustion at the start. Otherwise even on sustain this 11.6k haste seems still good, due to it providing good bursts of combustions being stronger but your sustain inbetween is a bit weaker than the full haste build. All in all imo after the upgrades now and once I had bboy the mastery build seems more appealing than going for more haste,
Dmages "MCO" Shadowsong
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... s/advanced" target="_blank
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:06 am

well I started off by running with 9.3k haste and then all out mastery which went really well but then as I got the bboy just last week I started running 11.6k which is working real well for now. from the feeling 11.6k feels really decent to play with not too little haste and it probably pulls out the best numbers. I run this build even on Garrosh and its working well but well im not yet the best person to talk about it in P3 I keep on falling behind a bit in numbers with it if I dont get a good combustion at the start. Otherwise even on sustain this 11.6k haste seems still good, due to it providing good bursts of combustions being stronger but your sustain inbetween is a bit weaker than the full haste build. All in all imo after the upgrades now and once I had bboy the mastery build seems more appealing than going for more haste,
BBoY does give you the possibility of even higher combustions so a natural affinity with mastery makes sense. Just for information's sake, how much mastery did you have at 9.3k/11.6k haste?
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:10 am

I'm running a 14.1K haste build on my 580 mage alt, more or less what Kver's thread recommended. The small and unexciting combustions make me a sad mage.

While I can't offer any meaningful feedback since I haven't spent much time as fire, I'm curious about your damage breakdowns and combustion tick sizes. If anything, it sounds like a mastery-heavy build would have exciting numbers!
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:43 am

I have tried 9k, 11.6k and 14.1k+.

9k: Without BBoY and extremely fast kill times (~3min) I don't see this as viable.
11.6k: Without BBoY this still doesn't feel quite as viable, the sustained DPS is rather low, keeping 2pc up is quite difficult outside of BL/Meta. I haven't tested it yet with BBoY, but I think this will be the go-to buiild with BBoY on very fast ( ~3min) and fast ( ~3.30-4) kills.
-14.1k+. This works very well with KTT and slightly longer kills. This will be the default haste to go for without BBoY and for kills without very fast kill times.
- 16k+ Haste. I don't think this is viable in any scenario except extremely long kills (10min+), and even then it's not amazing.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Dmages

Unread postby Dmages Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:31 pm

To over at 11.6k hast I have 9k masters unbuffed to 12k buffed
And at 9.3k I think it was 11k unbuffed that's is both with bboy before I had that it was 9k at 9.3k haste
And Dutch to your point about the 2set on 11.6k without bboy yes it's very hard to keep up but to me it seemed fairly easy to keep my 5 stacks enough of the time on garrosh last night
Dmages "MCO" Shadowsong
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... s/advanced" target="_blank

Return to “Fire”