Utilizing PvP 2pc in PvE (BRF & HM)

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Amlaith

Utilizing PvP 2pc in PvE (BRF & HM)

Unread postby Amlaith Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:08 pm

Recently been trying out using the 660 2set in PvE for various reasons. One being my gear isn't spectacular and my Crit is reasonably low. What I've found is the proc from Scorch allows for some predictable and reliable Fireball and Pyro chains, resulting in some decent combustion and a lot of maneuverability.

Obviously overall, casting less fireballs is rarely good and scorch's damage is pitiful but using this method I have been pulling some decent numbers to make up for the lack of fireball chain casts. Anyone else had a go with this? Is this a sustainable strategy beyond 660-670ilvl?
TLTeo

Re: Utilizing PvP 2pc in PvE (BRF & HM)

Unread postby TLTeo Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:28 pm

PvE 2 and 4 set are so strong that no, at higher item levels it certainly isn't worth it. I believe this was tested when Highmaul started and the conclusion was that it's not worth it, but i'm not too sure.

Scorch damage is so bad that i don't see this ever being good, especially with the buff to Enhanced Pyrotechnics. The buff is just extra crit % on a single fireball, which is pretty negligible in pve.
TheHolyChicken

Re: Utilizing PvP 2pc in PvE (BRF & HM)

Unread postby TheHolyChicken Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Obviously overall, casting less fireballs is rarely good and scorch's damage is pitiful but using this method I have been pulling some decent numbers to make up for the lack of fireball chain casts. Anyone else had a go with this? Is this a sustainable strategy beyond 660-670ilvl?
About half of my gear is made up of conquest pieces, and though I've now replaced my set bonus items, I think I can elaborate on this a little bit. I really scorch buff weaving to be a thing, but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get more DPS on those dummies than when I was just fireballing. Unfortunately it doesn't become good to scorch, it's just (much) less bad.

Return to “Fire”