Anyone still playing as fire?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Seatoo

Anyone still playing as fire?

Unread postby Seatoo Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Hello friends,

I am a fire mage, I have far and away the most enjoyment when I am playing as fire and am still finding a way to be decently competitive. We are starting mythic and I see on warcraft logs some fire mages more than I have in the past and am debating on whether or not to continue pushing on as fire.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... too/simple" target="_blank

I am 713 and have fully buffed about 51% crit to try and keep the T18 4pc pro up as much as possible, last week I was #1 on Fel Lord by a large margin despite dying at 7% doing over 75k dps.

So my questions: Does anyone play fire? If yes, do you play fire only for things like HFA, Iskar, Xhul etc or do you go all out, also what difficulty do you play on normally with your raid group?
Glitzerbling

Re: Anyone still playing as fire?

Unread postby Glitzerbling Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:05 am

yes, I'm still playing fire.
but for progress I try to optimize, so in the end I play all three specs.
boils down to:
farm and fun = fire
Progress (or archi) = Arcane/frost(and fire once we reach iskar :P)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... n/advanced" target="_blank
i have like 49.7% I think.

Oh and when the T18 just seems too boring to bear I tend to equip my T17 again. :D gotta love that short IB cd, duh.
acodem

Unread postby acodem Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:06 pm

I am playing fire too, but on every boss, no matter farm or progress. Tend to change talents for ST/AoE, or fun.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... son/simple" target="_blank
Seatoo

Unread postby Seatoo Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:04 pm

Anyone else? =D

I'd love to get some ideas on tips and tricks for fire even though it is not ideal atm.
Charley

Unread postby Charley Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm playing fire for everything in mythic (10/13m so far) except Kil'rogg if I go in visions where arcane is king and tyrant progression where my group needed p2 damage frost could reliably give.
Jackofskulls

Unread postby Jackofskulls Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:12 pm

I play fire on most every fight. And we are currently up to heroic Fel Lord. I find I perform a lot better playing fire as I enjoy it more.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... lls/simple" target="_blank
Seatoo

Unread postby Seatoo Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm playing fire for everything in mythic (10/13m so far) except Kil'rogg if I go in visions where arcane is king and tyrant progression where my group needed p2 damage frost could reliably give.
Where do you find you're coming in DPS wise relative to your other raid members as well as WCL if your guild uses that?
Charley

Unread postby Charley Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:21 am

the only fight I can't seem to get at least top 5 in my group is gorefiend. as far as warcraftlogs the only fights I've ranked highly among mages overall as fire in mythic are hellfire high council (without fel rage) and iskar.
Tzuik

Unread postby Tzuik Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:54 pm

I still play fire and as a tip if you wanna try it run with the following trinkets: crafted and world boss one.
I find it really nice because crafted trinket goes hand in hand with ring. and for all the fights except iskar i go with meteor and Incanter's Flow. I get realy nice ignites...above 20k each.....and if you're lucky to get 4p at that time you can get to 25k ignite.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... k/advanced" target="_blank
Loki

Unread postby Loki Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:51 pm

I still rock Fire here and still getting about 30k+ ignites and 25k+ on average

I try to Balance Crit and Mastery when raid buffs are all done I'm around 52% Crit and like 42-44% Mastery. I've also enchanted my weapon with Bleeding hollow so at any time I'm around about 50% mastery. The Trinkets I run with are the GSR and Desecrated Shadowmoon. The Talents I tend to play around with is Meteor and Kindling. Kindling seems to work well for long fights and adds but for like Fel Lord meteor seems to give me an edge with a higher ignite.

I love racing against our Full Decked out Frost and Arcane mage cause I can still keep up usually right on their heels and sometimes the RNG god lets me surpass them.
Tyddus

Unread postby Tyddus Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:29 pm

I'm still playing for quite a bit, switched for mythic xul since our imp damage was weak. It's performing decent honestly, played it for farm also. The trink off oregorger should be better than the static stat trinket from kazzak tho.
Seatoo

Unread postby Seatoo Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:47 pm

I'm still playing for quite a bit, switched for mythic xul since our imp damage was weak. It's performing decent honestly, played it for farm also. The trink off oregorger should be better than the static stat trinket from kazzak tho.
Yea my mythic WF'd gorens out performs it by a huge margin
Zues

Unread postby Zues Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:14 pm

After reading the post by EmberPFU I swapped into fire full time and I am loving it!

Did very well AoE and single target
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/96nPr8pQatc3vjTX#" target="_blank
Dalarian

Unread postby Dalarian Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Hello all,

First of all, first post, so yayyy.

I have grown tired of frost after Manno/Archi progression and Fire has been my all time favourite spec, so i did one just for the lulz, even a few mage guides on Youtube. I now play a Rogue (Sub is fuuuuun) but I picked up my fire mage yesterday on Heroic Iskar to help on the last add phase. Needless to say the results were glorious. We will see how it is on Heroic Xhul.

I run Heroic Insignia, 715 SMP and Gorefiend Staff (although not heroic).

Bottom line I guess, is play Fire on farm or heavy adds, most important thing is to have fun and Frost was just not enough for me.

Regards

Dalarian
PYR

Unread postby PYR Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Raideeps - Area 52, Reckless Ambition PYR#1290
Xyren

Unread postby Xyren Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:40 pm

wow, youre really good. Do u want everyone to post their logs now? =)

on topic : fire is very viable nowadays after the ilvl upgrades. if u can get to ~735 ilvl and crit cap (with sandman proc ofc) u will be able to outdps arcane mages on many fights.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:44 am

Yeah, if the fights are <2min and nothing unexpected happens and no slowdown of dpsing must be done.

The spec is practically at a gimmick state and obviously not intended to be played by blizzard that way.

It relies on a trinket that obviously blizzard didn't design to be best for fire and offers little control.
Alzer

Unread postby Alzer Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:14 am

Yeah, if the fights are <2min and nothing unexpected happens and no slowdown of dpsing must be done.

The spec is practically at a gimmick state and obviously not intended to be played by blizzard that way.

It relies on a trinket that obviously blizzard didn't design to be best for fire and offers little control.
I disagree with pretty much everything in this post. Fire doesn't suffer from 2+ minute fights nor does it suffer from slowdown of dps.

As far as the trinket goes, it's an intellect trinket with a huge crit procc, it's interaction with combustion is probably the first thing they thought about when designing / upgrading this trinket.
Xyren

Unread postby Xyren Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:21 am

I disagree with pretty much everything in this post. Fire doesn't suffer from 2+ minute fights nor does it suffer from slowdown of dps.

As far as the trinket goes, it's an intellect trinket with a huge crit procc, it's interaction with combustion is probably the first thing they thought about when designing / upgrading this trinket.
+1

best part:
offers little control.

ye a trinket that proccs almost exactly every 2 minutes offers little control. u know what youre talking about !

Return to “Fire”