[7.1.5] Fire mage guide for Legion, by Rinoa

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Xenost

Re: [7.1] Fire mage guide for Legion, by Rinoa

Unread postby Xenost Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:53 pm

It's the same except if one target dies, then it's dps loss. Idealy you want to avoid target switching, ignite is X% of the damage you deal and it stacks, it's not a dot you should refresh just imagine it as damage that is delayed (like the monk tanking), you deal 100% dmg immediately and X% (mastery) more over 6 s.
Yílwyna

Unread postby Yílwyna Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:21 am

Hey mate, could you pls add the Karazhan trinkets to your list? Would be great.

Greetings
Mushmouth

Unread postby Mushmouth Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:38 am

Greetings
The Kara trinkets are on the list, they are just mostly not very good on single target fights.

Arans Relaxing Ruby is quite strong for trash in M+ though
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:42 am

The trinket list is made by Frosted -- once he releases an updated version, I shall incorporate it into the guide. Not every trinket is properly modelled in SimC right as of this moment.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Yílwyna

Unread postby Yílwyna Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:26 pm

I really can't find http://www.wowhead.com/item=142160/mrrgrias-favor" target="_blank in the list and think its an pretty strong trinket.
JIMM

Unread postby JIMM Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:11 am

Greetings
The Kara trinkets are on the list, they are just mostly not very good on single target fights.

im not too sure about ur conclusion on aran's ruby though, skimmed through 2 ursoc logs saw both logs sinew got outdpsed by flame wreath.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/H1 ... &source=42" target="_blank

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ac ... &source=32" target="_blank
Felominashal

Unread postby Felominashal Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:57 am

Greetings

im not too sure about ur conclusion on aran's ruby though, skimmed through 2 ursoc logs saw both logs sinew got outdpsed by flame wreath.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/H1 ... &source=42" target="_blank

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ac ... &source=32" target="_blank
Main Target damage for the trinkets in the first log differs by a ~400K total damage, second log has a much bigger discrepancy. I can't read Chinese, but I can read numbers. The Flame Wreath proc'd 2 more times in the 2nd log, likely contributing to the huge increase in damage (as far as I know RoP and PI interact w/ Flame Wreath, there's also the chest from nightbane. Can't tell if your mage in the 2nd log has it or not, don't really care at this point - but it could explain the discrepancy). [edit: I checked the TW Mage, and they do have the Nightbane chest, this also partially explains the increase in damage observed]

It's likely that on ST fights, with raids that have competent DPS (rather than what those current fights look like - a few very well geared players carrying a few baddies) that Sinew is still superior, especially since crit is worth so much more per point than mastery. On longer or add-intensive fights, I'm sure Aran's is superior. I'm also certain that with the chest from nightbane, Aran's is superior.

Just because the logs show a minor change in overall damage done by the trinkets doesn't mean they're always good for every scenario. Your 'skimming' should've gone a little deeper/farther than looking just at the total damage done by the trinkets. You failed to notice the multiple targets in the first log, and the additional procs in the 2nd. You're comparing non-equivalent conditions.
JIMM

Unread postby JIMM Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:10 am

Just because the logs show a minor change in overall damage done by the trinkets doesn't mean they're always good for every scenario. Your 'skimming' should've gone a little deeper/farther than looking just at the total damage done by the trinkets. You failed to notice the multiple targets in the first log, and the additional procs in the 2nd. You're comparing non-equivalent conditions.
i am just disagreeing with him drawing conclusion already that the aran trinket is worthless on single target fights, i know the conditions are not equivalent, hell the fight length of both logs are completely different.

i am no expert in simming and theorycrafting. Im merely linking them because in 2 different conditions / fight lengths, aran's ruby managed to outperform sinew , i believe is worth a deeper look rather than outright dismissing this trinket .
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:58 pm

A sample of 2 fights is irrelevant because of a heavy RNG element, unless you want to check mechanics of spells on an individual level in order to code simcraft. The trinket isn't useless on ST though. It's clearly worse than other, ST trinkets, but it's not a disaster either.
Rydis

Unread postby Rydis Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:27 pm

whats the proper way to start out with Sinew if Herosim isn't used at the start of a fight. At 4k haste there isn't enough time to get off enough spells during RoP for Sinew to proc if you used Sinew even before the pull.
Flaszka

Unread postby Flaszka Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:28 am

whats the proper way to start out with Sinew if Herosim isn't used at the start of a fight. At 4k haste there isn't enough time to get off enough spells during RoP for Sinew to proc if you used Sinew even before the pull.
I feel the same. I use
Spoiler:
Sinew -> Pyroblast -> Rune of Power -> Combustion -> Phoenix's Flames -> Pyroblast -> Fire Blast -> Pyroblast -> Fire Blast -> Pyroblast -> Flame On -> Fire Blast -> Pyroblast -> Fire Blast -> Pyroblast -> Phoenix's Flames -> Pyroblast -> Rune of Power -> Phoenix's Flames -> Pyroblast
and I barely get Sinew proc with Combustion and RoP on. 4,131 haste here.
whisperingsage

Unread postby whisperingsage Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:14 am

With Sinew you don't want to Pyro as a precast.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:54 am

I feel the same. I use
Spoiler:
Sinew -> Pyroblast -> Rune of Power -> Combustion -> Phoenix's Flames -> Pyroblast -> Fire Blast -> Pyroblast -> Fire Blast -> Pyroblast -> Flame On -> Fire Blast -> Pyroblast -> Fire Blast -> Pyroblast -> Phoenix's Flames -> Pyroblast -> Rune of Power -> Phoenix's Flames -> Pyroblast
and I barely get Sinew proc with Combustion and RoP on. 4,131 haste here.

There seems to be a 0.2 or 0.3 timer on the application of sinew, so you need to time your FB's to hit while your pyros and PF's are still in the air. sometimes it's impossible with latency. but if you get the timing right you''ll always get 10 stacks before combustion ends
Asmodious

Unread postby Asmodious Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:46 am

Im curious if anyone has a list of solid BiS raid gear. Ive only come across Crit gear lists. AMR is too unreliable. I'm well aware of several items as absolute BiS ex. Sinew/legendary bracers. Is there an actual list somewhere
Sosaria

Unread postby Sosaria Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:39 am

Hi Asmodious,

There isn't really a BIS gear list, due to the potential titanforge + socket of certain items.

The general rule of thumb is stacking crit, but for fine tuning you will need to SIM yourself and make a judgement call.

This is because the stat weights change depending on -your- current combination of stats and gear worn.

For example, my 875 gloves with crit/haste actually sims WORSE than my 870 gloves with crit/versatility... The haste stat weight on the 875 gloves is almost useless because I already have a high level of haste and I'd get more out of the versatility on the 870 gloves instead. The level of crit on the 2 gloves are the same (give or take 10 point difference)
Xenost

Unread postby Xenost Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:27 am

The BiS gear (for ST) is pretty much what simulationcraft T19H profile is using : https://simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19H.html" target="_blank , but gear comes from both M+ Dungeon and Raid.

Of course it implies similar ilvl. (865 max in this case)
Mage

Unread postby Mage Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:33 pm

For example, my 875 gloves with crit/haste actually sims WORSE than my 870 gloves with crit/versatility... The haste stat weight on the 875 gloves is almost useless because I already have a high level of haste and I'd get more out of the versatility on the 870 gloves instead. The level of crit on the 2 gloves are the same (give or take 10 point difference)
And then comes a fight like Odyn where haste is infinitely more valuable than versa.
As you said, judgement calls.
Pyrominator

Unread postby Pyrominator Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:29 pm

Hello guys, i'm new on this forum,probably i read everything related to fire mage, also is my main since Cata. But in Legion i don't know why my bracket performance it's really bad. Even when i didn't get for example 5 rot on Nythendra my dmg is still shit. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 907762/10/" target="_blank

The opener i think it's the same as for everybody, usually i hit 1mil-1.2 mil. dmg when the God of RnG is with me. I use 885 Sinew and Bough ( when nobody use it in the raid). I'm 874 with the two legendaries ( Neck and Koralon) around 13.5k crit, 2200 haste, and 3500 mastery.

There is a mage, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 200926/10/" target="_blank

He uses Arcano and mythic Horrorslime, almost everytime he is 99% on his bracket, also he has around 6500 haste rating. That is the key? It's worth to stack more haste ?Those trinket are really that good? I have HC Horrorslime but i use it only on aoe fights.
Pimp

Unread postby Pimp Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:16 pm

Hello guys, i'm new on this forum,probably i read everything related to fire mage, also is my main since Cata. But in Legion i don't know why my bracket performance it's really bad. Even when i didn't get for example 5 rot on Nythendra my dmg is still shit. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 907762/10/" target="_blank

The opener i think it's the same as for everybody, usually i hit 1mil-1.2 mil. dmg when the God of RnG is with me. I use 885 Sinew and Bough ( when nobody use it in the raid). I'm 874 with the two legendaries ( Neck and Koralon) around 13.5k crit, 2200 haste, and 3500 mastery.

There is a mage, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 200926/10/" target="_blank

He uses Arcano and mythic Horrorslime, almost everytime he is 99% on his bracket, also he has around 6500 haste rating. That is the key? It's worth to stack more haste ?Those trinket are really that good? I have HC Horrorslime but i use it only on aoe fights.
Probably cause this mage had http://www.wowhead.com/item=132406/marq ... e-sun-king" target="_blank
Pyrominator

Unread postby Pyrominator Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:56 am

I don't think that 99% bracket is because of the legendary.

Return to “Fire”