[7.2] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Curnivore

Re: [7.0] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Unread postby Curnivore Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:16 am

We can probably see the overvalued nature of Firestarter described in the OP if we run a sim with a target that actually has fixed HP.

Rhuan

Unread postby Rhuan Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:10 am

I appreciate the effort, but this kinda misses the point. If the ring does not roll secondary stats (other than 3 sockets) than it is significantly worse than any other 840 ring with crit.

but

Is the mystery that needs to be solved. What can the random enchantment end up as in terms of secondary stats
Sorry, I totally missed the random enchant on the item.. :oops:

I asked to a friend that solved many rare with the archeology quest system, never a proc, always the base item.

BTW the random enchant budget is the same than jewelery neck 815
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:48 pm

That neck is going to be super BiS for quite a while if it does not get nerfed. It's time to pray to the gods of RNG that we get it on our rare archaeology solves.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
willemh

Unread postby willemh Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:21 pm

The neck is obtained from a quest, like all legion rare solves. You won't be able to farm for it. You get one quest every 2 weeks from Dariness the Learned, all you can do is pray for the quest that rewards the neck (1 in 3 chance I believe because there are 3 races and the neck is the first rare of the highmountain tauren.
Architech

Unread postby Architech Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:38 pm

Yah

If it is not nerfed, and has a full 815 stat budget (~950 crit, 650 other stat) it will be quite good.

I do not know if it beats a crafted neck that can roll 100% crit with the not-yet-modeled on use (I expect it does not) - but it will be good.
carrybag

Unread postby carrybag Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:36 am

How accurate are the stat weights for single target?

I used the T19P profile and i can't seem to get that high values for Crit and my vers/haste/mastery is pretty different.

<stat name="Crit" value="8.13" normalized="1.04" scaling_error="0.12" delta="0"/>
<stat name="Int" value="7.80" normalized="1.00" scaling_error="0.12" delta="1138"/>
<stat name="SP" value="7.38" normalized="0.95" scaling_error="0.12" delta="1138"/>
<stat name="Vers" value="6.52" normalized="0.83" scaling_error="0.12" delta="1138"/>
<stat name="Mastery" value="5.56" normalized="0.71" scaling_error="0.12" delta="1138"/>
<stat name="Haste" value="5.47" normalized="0.70" scaling_error="0.12" delta="1138"/>

I'm presuming i should just ignore my numbers and go with yours?
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:28 am

How accurate are the stat weights for single target?

I used the T19P profile and i can't seem to get that high values for Crit and my vers/haste/mastery is pretty different.

[...]

I'm presuming i should just ignore my numbers and go with yours?
With critical mass only being 1.1x crit being that close to int seems about right. I don't think it's significantly different from what frosted has there. The other stats are in the right order as well, so you can't go wrong there.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!
carrybag

Unread postby carrybag Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:28 am

With critical mass only being 1.1x crit being that close to int seems about right. I don't think it's significantly different from what frosted has there. The other stats are in the right order as well, so you can't go wrong there.
Ahh awesome. So basically he needs to / hasn't rerun the stat weights since the hotfix.

Cool. Thanks <3
Magecharm

Unread postby Magecharm Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:32 am

I dont see how that neck can be BiS when there are dungeon necks wtih 1k+ crit on them
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:41 pm

Ahh awesome. So basically he needs to / hasn't rerun the stat weights since the hotfix.

Cool. Thanks <3

Everything here is post CM fix.
Voltairus

Unread postby Voltairus Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:07 pm

2 quick things to make sure I am understanding it correctly.

1. While using Kindling we are basically delaying what would be the 2nd use of RoP between Combustion cooldown in order to have it line up to where ever Kindling got it down to?

2. Incanter's Flow is really a 15k+ dps loss over RoP? Sucks the gap is that big because I feel weak during trash pulls without having Incanter's Flow.
blackstoise

Unread postby blackstoise Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:09 pm

I just use my ROP on trash pulls. It's a fairly short CD. Trash pulls get way better once your tank/heals get a bit of gear and can group together 2-3 packs.
carrybag

Unread postby carrybag Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:49 pm

Seems like it was because i had Center scale delta set to Yes. Got better results with it set to No.

Any quick explanation on whether i should set it to Yes or No?
Saarin

Unread postby Saarin Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:39 am

I just saw a mage with http://www.wowhead.com/item=140030/devi ... bonus=1826. I didn't see it on the list, is it a trinket I would want to pursue pre-raid?
Liandry

Unread postby Liandry Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:47 pm

I just saw a mage with http://www.wowhead.com/item=140030/devi ... bonus=1826. I didn't see it on the list, is it a trinket I would want to pursue pre-raid?
It doesn't proc all that often. Plus there are other trinkets with raw int/higher crit on it.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:36 pm

There are a good few trinkets I don't have on my list for various reasons (mostly due to implementation in the sim, and me forgetting about them since there are so many).

I'll try to set aside some time this weekend to look through trinkets and get the list updated.
Covery

Unread postby Covery Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Hello,

I just post again as it seems lost in the previous page :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for this awesome works it will helps a lot !

I still have 3 questions concerning the rotations used during your simulations :

- Are you using flamestrike in AOE sim ? If yes how many targets do you need to use flamestrike over pyro ?

- How do you manage flame on while using kindle talent (the one available when combustion is not up) ? Are you using it with the second charge of RoP then delaying combustion untill flame on is up OR are you saving flame on to use combustion as soon as possible ?

- Will you continue this awesome job using NE items (especially for trinket) ?

Thanks !

PS : Sorry for my english, it is not my native language :)
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:16 pm

Hello,

I just post again as it seems lost in the previous page :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for this awesome works it will helps a lot !

I still have 3 questions concerning the rotations used during your simulations :

- Are you using flamestrike in AOE sim ? If yes how many targets do you need to use flamestrike over pyro ?

- How do you manage flame on while using kindle talent (the one available when combustion is not up) ? Are you using it with the second charge of RoP then delaying combustion untill flame on is up OR are you saving flame on to use combustion as soon as possible ?

- Will you continue this awesome job using NE items (especially for trinket) ?

Thanks !

PS : Sorry for my english, it is not my native language :)
Flamestrike is only used if you have Flame Patch with 3+ targets. Without it, it's not worth casting in a sustained AOE situation.

You sit on FO for the next Combustion.

Yes, I'll continue updating this post throughout all of Legion. As we get closer to Raids (prolly weekend before) I'll update the trinket lists to include all EN trinkets.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:16 pm

Seems like it was because i had Center scale delta set to Yes. Got better results with it set to No.

Any quick explanation on whether i should set it to Yes or No?
I just use whatever it default to.
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:18 pm

2 quick things to make sure I am understanding it correctly.

1. While using Kindling we are basically delaying what would be the 2nd use of RoP between Combustion cooldown in order to have it line up to where ever Kindling got it down to?

2. Incanter's Flow is really a 15k+ dps loss over RoP? Sucks the gap is that big because I feel weak during trash pulls without having Incanter's Flow.
You always sync an RoP to Combustion. Sitting on 1 charge isn't a big deal.

yes, IF is bad. Right now Fire is heavily reliant upon proper CD syncing and execution of your burst windows. If you cannot do this consistently, Fire will not perform well.

Return to “Fire”