[7.2] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Falq

Re: [7.0] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Unread postby Falq Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:21 pm

I have the set and it's pretty strong. It has nearly 25% uptime. On the ST i use the set shoulders(850) over my 895 shoulders from Nythrenda (too much mastery)
In logs it had 22% uptime that's like 550 pemanent haste
Of course i have the set collar :D
This proc is even better if you have legendary bracers because you can time it for faster cast time
Xenost

Unread postby Xenost Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Yes it's definite BiS atm, but after doing like 10-20 arcway/CoS +8-10 and getting none of the pieces I can say it's quite hard to get :s .
Falq

Unread postby Falq Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:38 pm

Yes it's definite BiS atm, but after doing like 10-20 arcway/CoS +8-10 and getting none of the pieces I can say it's quite hard to get :s .
Everything is hard to get nowadays because you have no reliable way to get loot :( I was lucky enough to get 880 head from weekly TH10 chest and 865 shoulders from one of th10 runs so will prob stick to it for a while :)
Lammer

Unread postby Lammer Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Patch 7.1
Emerald Nightmare trinkets

Unstable Horrorslime’s damage increased by 20%.
Bough of Corruption’s damage increased by 10%.

Looking for updated trinket list. Seems Unstable Horrorslime can become a descent trinket
Falq

Unread postby Falq Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:04 pm

Patch 7.1

Looking for updated trinket list. Seems Unstable Horrorslime can become a descent trinket
Agreed but prob not for us. Mages don't have trinket probles right now because our top trinkets work with our kit (RoP, Combust PI etc). Horrorslime as far as I know does not work with any of it, so this trinket will be decent for other classes, we will have to stick to our Mage Kit scalling trinkets.

Bought of Corruption is nice joke thou, 10% from 0 is still 0...
Raaiven

Unread postby Raaiven Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:09 pm

Patch 7.1

Agreed but prob not for us. Mages don't have trinket probles right now because our top trinkets work with our kit (RoP, Combust PI etc). Horrorslime as far as I know does not work with any of it, so this trinket will be decent for other classes, we will have to stick to our Mage Kit scalling trinkets.

Bought of Corruption is nice joke thou, 10% from 0 is still 0...
Horrorslime works perfectly fine with all of our multipliers (Rop, combustion, PI)
Spirillum

Unread postby Spirillum Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:16 pm

Horror trinket was already very strong in M+. This should help quite a bit.

Twisting Wind could use a buff.
ybong

Unread postby ybong Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:12 am

did anyone sim Potion of Prolonged Power vs Deadly Grace yet? im assuming DG is still much better, but I'd be interested in knowing how much better it is due to how cheap prolonged is.
Tagain

Unread postby Tagain Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:32 pm

Simmed with default T19H Profile.
Zarbin

Unread postby Zarbin Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:03 pm

has anyone taken a look at pepper breath vs crit food since the patch? I havent done any math but I'd imagine the pyro nerf would hurt crit food slightly while pepper breath would be unaffected. If they were nearly the same before maybe pepper pulls ahead now?
Tagain

Unread postby Tagain Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:45 pm

has anyone taken a look at pepper breath vs crit food since the patch? I havent done any math but I'd imagine the pyro nerf would hurt crit food slightly while pepper breath would be unaffected. If they were nearly the same before maybe pepper pulls ahead now?
Simmed for 7.1 with default T19H Profile.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:34 pm

did anyone sim Potion of Prolonged Power vs Deadly Grace yet? im assuming DG is still much better, but I'd be interested in knowing how much better it is due to how cheap prolonged is.
I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure you can pop prolonged power and log out, wait 1 min and log back in and you should have 30 seconds left on your buff and have the pot cd completed so you can deadly grace on the pull. Probably not worth it unless you going for number 1 rank though
Falq

Unread postby Falq Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:07 am

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure you can pop prolonged power and log out, wait 1 min and log back in and you should have 30 seconds left on your buff and have the pot cd completed so you can deadly grace on the pull. Probably not worth it unless you going for number 1 rank though
WTB this and new Butcher in Nighthold plx!
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:44 am

Interesting, but Horroslime does a lot of damage on ST for me. On par with Root and Sinew. And even better on AOE. And passive crit. Everything looks perfect. Idk why it sims so low.
Tagain

Unread postby Tagain Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Interesting, but Horroslime does a lot of damage on ST for me. On par with Root and Sinew. And even better on AOE. And passive crit. Everything looks perfect. Idk why it sims so low.
From my experience it proccs very inconsistent. Sometimes you get it twice a second and sometimes you don't see a slime for a minute. Average procc rate might not be the best and thats probably why it sims so low.
Cellindre

Unread postby Cellindre Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:47 pm

From my experience it proccs very inconsistent. Sometimes you get it twice a second and sometimes you don't see a slime for a minute. Average procc rate might not be the best and thats probably why it sims so low.
It feels like it procs about the same as the shock baton right now on single target. I tested on the single target dummy in our class hall for 10mins earlier with an 865 Horroslime and an 840 Shock Baton and the Horroslime procced 30 times and the Shock Baton procced 29 times. Sims have my Horroslime proccing 12.7 times compared to my Shock Batons 19.2. Somehow I feel like the proccrate for Horrorslime is undervalued in the sims.
Colinthetank

Unread postby Colinthetank Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:28 am

Just tested this and it did not work. When I logged out I had about 58 seconds left on my prolonged power buff. I did exit game instead of logout, and came back to WoW 1 minute later exactly. I had 58 seconds left on my prolonged power buff, and as soon as I used my deadly grace potion the prolonged power potion fell off. I think the game only lets you have 1 of them active at a time. I will keep trying different ways, but if you are able to have both potions up at the same time, please screenshot it.
Glencoe

Unread postby Glencoe Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:50 am

Just tested this and it did not work. When I logged out I had about 58 seconds left on my prolonged power buff. I did exit game instead of logout, and came back to WoW 1 minute later exactly. I had 58 seconds left on my prolonged power buff, and as soon as I used my deadly grace potion the prolonged power potion fell off. I think the game only lets you have 1 of them active at a time. I will keep trying different ways, but if you are able to have both potions up at the same time, please screenshot it.
There was a hotfix not to long ago that said you can't have more than one battle potion effect at the same time. So they hotfixed this already.
Foxxý

Unread postby Foxxý Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:19 pm

About newest simcraft.

According to the newest update(yesterday) compared to the old one, my dps has gone up by 54k dps, without having any upgrades since last time I simmed, and that was even before 7.1.

I am not that into depth about simcraft, does anyone know what changes there is that might have caused this? Or am I overlooking something?

Sorry if its in the wrong thread.
Zeke

Unread postby Zeke Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:53 pm

Has anyone run the numbers on the new trinkets from Kara? I've looked through many threads but haven't found anything yet. Curious how they compare.

Return to “Fire”