[7.2] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Litemode

Re: [7.0] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Unread postby Litemode Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:01 pm

Same problem here. a 855 Favor and dont know whether I should use it in stead of my 835 Sinew.
ssviolett

Unread postby ssviolett Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Has anyone run the numbers on the new trinkets from Kara? I've looked through many threads but haven't found anything yet. Curious how they compare.
Very interested about this too.
There are 2 trinkets in Kara (from Curator and Shade) - both can be empowered (+30% proc dmg) with the chest from Nightbane. Mage from my guild have already reported about 1m+ crits with the trinket from Shade.
Another interesting choice - is the trinket from Helya in the upcoming raid with flat int. 870-880 version might be interesting.
Thebes

Unread postby Thebes Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Horror trinket was already very strong in M+. This should help quite a bit.

Twisting Wind could use a buff.
This is what I like to read. I got a socketed 870 slime last night. Will be using it for M+ the next few days with some other aoe trinkets. I'll throw some logs up after I get a few in with it.

Now I have to decide what to pair it with lol. Starlight, skovald or bough.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Question with the legendary wrist what will be the haste cap?
rayzel

Unread postby rayzel Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:14 am

Quick question, if you're simming your stat weights and using them in AMR how trustworthy is it as a shortcut to running a sim for the difference between each piece of gear?
Tschebu

Unread postby Tschebu Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:32 pm

Has anyone run the numbers on the new trinkets from Kara? I've looked through many threads but haven't found anything yet. Curious how they compare.
Very interested about this too.
There are 2 trinkets in Kara (from Curator and Shade) - both can be empowered (+30% proc dmg) with the chest from Nightbane. Mage from my guild have already reported about 1m+ crits with the trinket from Shade.
Another interesting choice - is the trinket from Helya in the upcoming raid with flat int. 870-880 version might be interesting.
that Trinket from Shade, Aran's Relaxing Ruby

I tested it some days ago ( like 5 ) and i came to the conclusion that the trinket is bugged positively.
I've got the trinket in 865 and the chest from nightbane to empower the trinket.
But i tested the trinket on dummy with and without chest and it did same damage with and without chest.
I dont think the chest is bugged, but the trinket is.
My noncrit damage was like 370k and tooltip says without chest equipped that it deals 279k dmg and with chest equipped it says 363k which would fit for those 370k but the 279k non empowered dmg arent fitting to the 370k dmg, i think the trinket is already empowered for anyone even without the chest.
Problem is i dont know other mages who have both and experienced the same, maybe one of u has?
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:05 pm

what do you mean with haste-cap? im sitting on 18% now and there's no cap in sight - on the contrary there's a nice breakpoint sitting 1k rating to the north of where i am
snip
that Trinket from Shade, Aran's Relaxing Ruby

I tested it some days ago ( like 5 ) and i came to the conclusion that the trinket is bugged positively.
I've got the trinket in 865 and the chest from nightbane to empower the trinket.
But i tested the trinket on dummy with and without chest and it did same damage with and without chest.
I dont think the chest is bugged, but the trinket is.
My noncrit damage was like 370k and tooltip says without chest equipped that it deals 279k dmg and with chest equipped it says 363k which would fit for those 370k but the 279k non empowered dmg arent fitting to the 370k dmg, i think the trinket is already empowered for anyone even without the chest.
Problem is i dont know other mages who have both and experienced the same, maybe one of u has?
actually i noticed this aswell but thought it had to do something with an +% firedamage we have (which it should interact with) but the increase itself is a bit too much on closer inspection, you're probably right

but to be honest that thing is so much fun, to make the tanks in m+ weep with those 1m-ae's :D (it does roughly the same dps as LB in m+ inis which is INSANE (~15%))
Mage

Unread postby Mage Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:45 am

This means that we spent 15% of the fight >85% HP - which gives significant strength to Firestarter. In reality, this is not a reasonable assumption to make. Therefore, Firestarter is overvalued here. It's probably nowhere near as good as it seems here, and it's value shifts as you take different trinkets.
So, anyone like me waiting eagerly for Odyn fight? :D
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:44 am

This means that we spent 15% of the fight >85% HP - which gives significant strength to Firestarter. In reality, this is not a reasonable assumption to make. Therefore, Firestarter is overvalued here. It's probably nowhere near as good as it seems here, and it's value shifts as you take different trinkets.
So, anyone like me waiting eagerly for Odyn fight? :D
The first part of the fight is not using it much and the last part is only saving 10% from it.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:13 pm

what do you mean with haste-cap? im sitting on 18% now and there's no cap in sight - on the contrary there's a nice breakpoint sitting 1k rating to the north of where i am

Yea i ment the haste breakpoint but does that our stat prio becomes haste crit mastery untill we recht that breakpoint ?
Foxxý

Unread postby Foxxý Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:09 pm

Hey. Did they fix or nerf Aran's Relaxing Ruby today? CAuse it does alot less dmg than last reset. When I mean alot, I mean it does half, or less dmg. It seems it got an ICD now(if it had it was alot shorter at least)

Heard people say that the trinket had the 30% dmg boost from the chestbuff even if you didn't have it, might be that they fixed that?
verviticus

Unread postby verviticus Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:54 pm

its still doing shittons of damage for me in all aoe content so i assume no
Tschebu

Unread postby Tschebu Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:06 am

Hey. Did they fix or nerf Aran's Relaxing Ruby today? CAuse it does alot less dmg than last reset. When I mean alot, I mean it does half, or less dmg. It seems it got an ICD now(if it had it was alot shorter at least)

Heard people say that the trinket had the 30% dmg boost from the chestbuff even if you didn't have it, might be that they fixed that?
Hey.
I wrote that the trinket had the 30% dmg boost from chestbuff even without having the chest, but now in this first Trial of Valor Week i've looked it up again.
In our raid was another fire mage with the trinket but without the chest and it dealt 30% less dmg ( basicdmg ) than my trinket did.
So i think they fixxed it, but i also think that you need just to equip the chest once to get this trinket empowered and this empowerment stays forever?? i dont know at all, i think they did it that way to keep the possibility to these mages who got the legendary chest, to be able to keep playing the chest and the trinket with the 30% dmg buff.
Frosted

Re: [7.1] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Unread postby Frosted Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:19 pm

Updated OP
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:02 pm

So even Versatility above Int? :shock:
This is getting better and better.
Bliz needs to fix secondary stats asap
DeathDefier
Global Moderator

Unread postby DeathDefier Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:55 pm

So even Versatility above Int? :shock:
This is getting better and better.
Bliz needs to fix secondary stats asap
Remember that those weights are for that specific set of gear, always sim your own character for the correct weights.
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:14 am

I know I always sim my own char but it's just funny to see :P
Flaffaboys

Unread postby Flaffaboys Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:17 pm

Hey.
I wrote that the trinket had the 30% dmg boost from chestbuff even without having the chest, but now in this first Trial of Valor Week i've looked it up again.
In our raid was another fire mage with the trinket but without the chest and it dealt 30% less dmg ( basicdmg ) than my trinket did.
So i think they fixxed it, but i also think that you need just to equip the chest once to get this trinket empowered and this empowerment stays forever?? i dont know at all, i think they did it that way to keep the possibility to these mages who got the legendary chest, to be able to keep playing the chest and the trinket with the 30% dmg buff.
Can anyone confirm this? Got an upgrade for the Nightbane chest and would like to use that instead. I did some quick target dummy testing this morning, however, with and without the nightbane chest did the damage from the trinket vary between 366k, ~600k and ~1m. Did not use RoP or any other dmg buff. Seems odd. Ill try to test this further these days if no one knows already.
verviticus

Unread postby verviticus Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:12 am

i got the chest on tuesday and my ruby is fucking crushing. its in line with sinew even on single target fights now
Rydis

Unread postby Rydis Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:14 am

anyone know what made simulation craft jump our DPS overnight with update. Before I was patchwerking 280k dps, heavy movement 240k. Today, heavy movment is putting me at 380k..

In fact he has me simming heavy movment more dps than light movement by 30k

Return to “Fire”