[7.2] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Breakerzeus

Re: [7.1.5] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendar

Unread postby Breakerzeus Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Hows Flame Patch doing? Which fights in NH would you favor it over LB?
I prefer FP over LB at the Botanist. It's just insane DMG when all 3 of them are active. You can place FP all the time under them and you get tripple DMG. I like it.
kaNEt

Unread postby kaNEt Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Hows Flame Patch doing? Which fights in NH would you favor it over LB?
I prefer FP over LB at the Botanist. It's just insane DMG when all 3 of them are active. You can place FP all the time under them and you get tripple DMG. I like it.
i also use it for chromatic little adds, its crazy how dmg increase with the patch at 4 adds + boss
wizardsnz

Unread postby wizardsnz Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:46 pm

i guess LB only good on guldan . skorp . spellblade right?

btw about flamestrike worth is good on +3 w/o FP?how about with FP
Fonzey

Unread postby Fonzey Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:08 am

good evening

Today i drop fire gloves and just have 1 good legendary.... the bracer.
i will use the gloves and i wanna know one thing:

How Combustion works with mirror image?
Best thing you can do is pretend you never got those gloves.
I've got gloves and bracers, by far my best sim output is to run RoP and Meteor with these gloves.

That way, meteor lines up better with combust (you don't need to delay either) and you drop a meteor with RoP each time.

It's not an ideal gear combo to work with,but using it with this talent combo makes it at least somewhat of an improvement over a utility legendary.
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:35 am

Don't forget, that LB is good for priority target damage, because you only spend 1 gcd in 12 sec. While FP may yield you better numbers, it will be pure aoe, evenly distributed between targets.
Paxtelemanus

Unread postby Paxtelemanus Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:48 am

Just wondering if anyone has done any testing on Koralon's Burning Touch. More specifically if its better to just spam scorch and not use up the free pyro cast unless combustion is up as it feels like a dps loss when scorch is guaranteed to be around 450k and non-crit pyro is around 270k.

Additional information. I have the 4 set of Tier so it MAY just be better to consume the the hot streak as it could give that 20% haste, but still, just wondering if anyone has done the research already. I just got the belt and want to know how best to maximize it.
schmeebs

Unread postby schmeebs Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:26 am

Just wondering if anyone has done any testing on Koralon's Burning Touch. More specifically if its better to just spam scorch and not use up the free pyro cast unless combustion is up as it feels like a dps loss when scorch is guaranteed to be around 450k and non-crit pyro is around 270k.

Additional information. I have the 4 set of Tier so it MAY just be better to consume the the hot streak as it could give that 20% haste, but still, just wondering if anyone has done the research already. I just got the belt and want to know how best to maximize it.
have to keep in mind that Hot Streak makes the pyro contribute double to ignite, though I think your numbers might be off, (or you are using RoP instead of MI like I usually do) but my non-crit pyros are about 300k, not 270, with 11% mastery that means about 366k damage on noncrit, then my scorch crits during execute are about 370-400k (Potential Power Potion and pyretic incantation being the damage range I would assume), so scorch might do more than a non-crit power, but its not that much, and even with having dropped quite a bit of crit, I am crtting 57-60% of my pyros, I don't see it being better to spam just scorch, 4pc procs even more point towards using Hot Streak.
Ricottapie

Unread postby Ricottapie Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:16 am

good evening

Today i drop fire gloves and just have 1 good legendary.... the bracer.
i will use the gloves and i wanna know one thing:

How Combustion works with mirror image?
Best thing you can do is pretend you never got those gloves.
I've got gloves and bracers, by far my best sim output is to run RoP and Meteor with these gloves.

That way, meteor lines up better with combust (you don't need to delay either) and you drop a meteor with RoP each time.

It's not an ideal gear combo to work with,but using it with this talent combo makes it at least somewhat of an improvement over a utility legendary.
I got the gloves last night. I've never been that guy who complains over legendary drops (even thou my first drop was foreskin lol) but i was really dissapointed. Since i'm a big fan of MI and how it works so well with Combust, i feel it's kinda mandatory to go back to RoP at this point.
But w/e, still better than norgannon's. And i'll try it your way and do some sims :) Thanks for the info!
jimme

Unread postby jimme Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:20 pm

OK.

I have marquees bindings.

On top of that with metronome, whispers in the dark, 4 set etc. we have a lot of haste procs that will reduce the cast time of our pyroblast.

I have the standard bindings weak aura that just shows the remaining time on the buff.

However, I think that I saw on a stream once a guy that also had the cast time of the pyroblast in that same weak aura. I would help a lot in determaining if you can get it off within a rune of power, or if you will even finish the cast before the buff expires.

Does anyone have the "advanced" version of the marquees bindings weak aura, that shows the cast time as well?

Actuelly, a weak aura that just show the current cast time of pyuroblast would be just as good. Just pure text, no icons or nothing, with like 1 or 2 decimals.

EDIT: Got a guildie to make it. :)
Makz

Unread postby Makz Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:28 am

-snip-
Does anyone have the "advanced" version of the marquees bindings weak aura, that shows the cast time as well?

Actuelly, a weak aura that just show the current cast time of pyuroblast would be just as good. Just pure text, no icons or nothing, with like 1 or 2 decimals.

Take the weakaura your guildie made and put both it and the bracer proc aura into overlaying bars - now you can easily see if you have enough time for it. I run 1 weakaura which just gives me a text "Hardcast" under certain conditions.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:29 pm

share plz
Morzmand

Unread postby Morzmand Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:44 pm

Hey guys,

Legendary Q: I got Drackli, Bel'ovir, Hands, Exodar and today got Kil Jaeden. For maximum performance, I'd assume Drackli+KJ? 2nd trink is 890 whisper, though i got 875 Metronome, 890 Stormsinger Fulmination and 880 Fury.
Another question: been playing with MI with decent results (500k+), but with 55crit/11haste/15mastery should I switch to RoP? Cinderstorm over Meteor?

Thanks a lot!
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:18 pm

share plz
just whipped this up, its not elegand by any stretch but it gets the job done :)

Code: Select all

da0eeaGiQQQlrvv(KqPrjv5usvnlQQ0TOQe7sP0VOQOgMuPJrvwMe6zkHPPuCnPITHeJtO4Ccb3tiY(OQKoOsKfQu1dPQuUivv4JcjDsHOwPq1lfsmtQkv3uiv7ub)uPYqPQIwQqkpfAQICvHq7L8xLudgvDyuwSsupwvnzK6Yu2ms6Zk0OrfNwLvtvbVMQImBb3ws7Mk)wudxIwUuEoIPdUUQSDLKVlbJNQcDEuP9ROLNscpn0PifpkXiKiS42fB7UTRWQqAH0kj8)iqUMmFees95(WLD96pJp5N8t(jFi)zHj)NrG0vTibz3RUS161Jyb7d9243OAawAHqKDuZ988wqHs)(97pJp5N8t(jFZGxZn5PMBvg0Z)(R42Iu9VF)mcKUQn5zo6j)NrG0vnF2RB3U9NXnh9m(m(m(m(mUq2hUvwQDJJwl6zAtd(IxxHm3vzWLDkjKaSgOKWYMrmq4ylxqiWT0ew2mIbcewzNtjHLnJyGWYxGyces9ChHJsclBgXaHuz0MqGBPjSSzedeiqi0UXrRPKWdS6aRAAWBrewuKIWhXw)ChO9cDSQrusdEcJcZcXcCyKyjt(igGRYaBYV0Yx4aUce(i26dS6aRAAVWNZwzoqi7bzHpITMWjxyNt7f2SQWfB7i0wzoqOVLZb6Cb3K3pB5XMrit(ErgSAFHeo5c7CcjCYf25IMXO5kSz1DLwJb5MqFnsc)pcKRR5C0Mq4QgTaHHmJwjHalyoqjH1xaoLeiq4JyR)bgHO9cB5GPKW6laNsceiSCvjWcMdusy9fGtjbcesL9Hl7usy9fGtjbce2yFtjH1xaoLeiqi9rL69FbGRscRVaCkjqGWFGrikjKCUXGjm6lfv)qGaH0hPmW4Ia77teH(7lSzJx2L4wAcVF2jK(i(WZ9HBLjKfccp3bR)5AzWaJwdEcFoODJJwtjHeo5c7CcjCYf25IMXO5k8aRoWQMg8weHffPiq4rl03TX9NJ(CJeH)Ci3usdB0q3TB6qXZRtmB8IHsNoBei09QP2noAnIg8e(Z5aDUGt7fiKPKWOWSqSahgjwYKpIb4QmWM8lT8foGRg6uKIhLyeiCLg82u0tGe
Vyshaan

Unread postby Vyshaan Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Hey guys,

Legendary Q: I got Drackli, Bel'ovir, Hands, Exodar and today got Kil Jaeden. For maximum performance, I'd assume Drackli+KJ? 2nd trink is 890 whisper, though i got 875 Metronome, 890 Stormsinger Fulmination and 880 Fury.
Another question: been playing with MI with decent results (500k+), but with 55crit/11haste/15mastery should I switch to RoP? Cinderstorm over Meteor?

Thanks a lot!
Lege sounds right.
Whispers personaly i dont like and it makes sence with bracers only, metronome is much better.
Haste to low it seems, u can drop your crit a bit for more dps. U didnt mention vers which is great stat for MI.
Rop and cinders only of you're confident u can manage it properlY.
Reven

Unread postby Reven Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Once patch 7.2 hits, I wonder if it would be better to get the new Instability of the Tirisgarde trait and then move into getting 4/4 of the old BiS traits like Pyro damage and reducing Fireball cast time instead of getting the new stuff like longer Combustion and the random crit buff on PF.

It is just that the new traits don't feel like anything special worth investing right out of the gate, but on the other hand they move me closer to the new proc from Concordance of Legionfall.
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Unread postby Zulandia Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Once patch 7.2 hits, I wonder if it would be better to get the new Instability of the Tirisgarde trait and then move into getting 4/4 of the old BiS traits like Pyro damage and reducing Fireball cast time instead of getting the new stuff like longer Combustion and the random crit buff on PF.

It is just that the new traits don't feel like anything special worth investing right out of the gate, but on the other hand they move me closer to the new proc from Concordance of Legionfall.
Tirisgarde will almost certainly be first (and concordance is not THAT strong/you have to get everything else first anyway fwiw). I'm working on the 7.2 paths currently hope to get them out in the next few days.
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:02 pm

considering you've got 4 points to set initially it'll be tricky considering: every point you don't put in the new row gets you further away from straving run, which i'd consider rather strong.

on the other hand the usual bis traits are very strong (12k dps for 1 point in pyro for me lol, 9k for ignite), i wonder how bad the situation really is, additionally i'd say the 1s in combustion does give about jack shit dps
Sarticus

Unread postby Sarticus Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:55 pm

Hey guys, I only have a 900 ilvl Obelisk of Void. I already have a combo of 895 whispers with a metronome 890. Does anyone have a word on this? Is it better than my current one?
Shinshia

Unread postby Shinshia Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:22 am

Hello all. First time posting here, but I have a question for you all. I am really stuck on trinkets and keep seeing different opinions. Currently for ST I've been using an ilvl 900 Star Gate and an ilvl 885 Metronome. Current stats are 49% crit, 20% haste, 10% mastery and 4% vers.

For AoE I've been using an ilvl 875 Fury of the burning sky and an ilvl 885 Urn with a socket. AoE set stats are 53% crit, 7% haste, 20% mastery and 4% vers. That being said, the other trinkets I have are an ilvl 890 Pharamere's with a socket, an ilvl 860 Ruby (I have the chest piece ilvl 880 too), an ilvl 860 arcano crystal, an ilvl 870 infernal writ. Do my stats seem right for the situation? is there a better trinket combination? I'm currently in the process of (at this point) praying for a whispers. I do also have 4 set. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!
Vyshaan

Unread postby Vyshaan Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:28 am

Hello all. First time posting here, but I have a question for you all. I am really stuck on trinkets and keep seeing different opinions. Currently for ST I've been using an ilvl 900 Star Gate and an ilvl 885 Metronome. Current stats are 49% crit, 20% haste, 10% mastery and 4% vers.

For AoE I've been using an ilvl 875 Fury of the burning sky and an ilvl 885 Urn with a socket. AoE set stats are 53% crit, 7% haste, 20% mastery and 4% vers. That being said, the other trinkets I have are an ilvl 890 Pharamere's with a socket, an ilvl 860 Ruby (I have the chest piece ilvl 880 too), an ilvl 860 arcano crystal, an ilvl 870 infernal writ. Do my stats seem right for the situation? is there a better trinket combination? I'm currently in the process of (at this point) praying for a whispers. I do also have 4 set. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!
It feels like you haven't read page 1...i can only say arcanocrystal for some reason sitting in the bag..try metronome+arcano and fury+arcano...

Return to “Fire”