[7.2] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Shinshia

Re: [7.1.5] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendar

Unread postby Shinshia Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:28 pm

I did read the first page. But It also hasn't been updated since January. So I was mostly trying to see if there were any changes since then or if some things are preforming better in game than the sims say. Thanks
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Updated a few sections for 7.2. Trinkets/weights need to be re-done still. Traits/talents/legendaries updated.
Boya

Unread postby Boya Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:19 am

Updated a few sections for 7.2. Trinkets/weights need to be re-done still. Traits/talents/legendaries updated.
What artifact path do we take?
Amerika

Unread postby Amerika Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:07 am

What artifact path do we take?
You can use his trait comparison as a guide of sorts for now. At the moment it looks like you would get tirisgarde (obviously) then fire at will, then 4/4 pre ignited, after that its probably a matter of preference...do you want to go for more aoe or to help your raid more you would continue the path down warmth of the phoenix into strafing run. if you want to go more ST probably go right into pyroclasmic, then everburning, then burning gaze...etc (this is just my opinion based on what he has simmed)

edit: thanks a ton for doing this frosted.
Farsighted

Re: [7.2] Fire Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Unread postby Farsighted Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:43 pm

How about the new crafted legendary, Celumbra? With its 3 sockets, is it worth considering as a second one if your others are so-so?
Lorin

Unread postby Lorin Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:33 am

A question guys: Dwarf is still the better fire mage race to take?
Varon

Unread postby Varon Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:28 pm

A question guys: Dwarf is still the better fire mage race to take?
Yeah because nothing changed in terms of racial or stat aspects ;)
Nyaline

Unread postby Nyaline Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:41 pm

pandar for 2x bufffood?
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Quick question guys, how many targets does there need to be for LB to be cast?.
Toriankel

Unread postby Toriankel Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Quick question guys, how many targets does there need to be for LB to be cast?.
3 or more
Aka

Unread postby Aka Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:57 pm

Hello,
I read some pages, but not all of them, so my question might be irrelevent, but I was wondering more and more about the stat weights.

As we progress in the NH raid, with the 4 parts set, it seems to me that crit falls behind other stats, but I can't managed to use AskMisteRobot or SimulationCraft to sort it out, so I think it would be good to ask other Fire Mage opinion.

Hence, once you get your 4 parts, do you need "a lot" of crit like in EN, or do we need haste/versatility more?
Especially when choosing enchant, gem, rings, and so on.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Aka Fire Mage
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:46 am

There are 2 main builds, one haste-heavy, focused on MI damage, and the other is crit-heavy, good paired with RoP and leg bracers. Choose for yourself.
While I played fire, I geared crit>mastery>> others and used RoP. Helped good for M+ and occasional padding in raid.
Aka

Unread postby Aka Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Ok so when you have Bracer & Belt it's "better" to prioritize crit then mastery, and Rune of Power?
Or is it viable with thos 2 legendaries to play with full haste (t19 4parts) and Mirror Image?

Aka Fire Mage
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:57 am

I think yes, but better sim it and/or ask Sarox on discord about it. He's advocating for haste build.
But why do you even bother playing ST on a dead spec? If you want m+, you need a lot of mastery, if you want ST damage, better spec frost.
Lavok

Unread postby Lavok Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Bear in mind that this is based on what I remember from simming various combinations a while ago, not direct data.

With belt/bracer combo I was able to reach similar level of ST damage in simulations (depending somewhat on fight length) with crit/mastery heavy build and RoP compared to haste heavy build with MI and bracer/exodar combo.

In general a haste heavy MI build with bracers/exodar seemed to produce somewhat better ST (not crazy margin) simulation results on shorter fights (provided you can BL on pull). In practice MI tends to have pretty wild variations in the MI damage itself even though you would expect it to be fairly predictable (I'm not sure if the cause of this was really identified at any point?).

Overall and for general utility I would say a very haste heavy build is less practical since it's a definitive loss in any AOE scenario.

All of this is also probably quite gear dependent, so the result might not be the same for you.
Toriankel

Unread postby Toriankel Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Is the trinket section going to be updated for ToS? I know owl/terror and witd are the three we're generally looking for, but a list or even a graph with ilvls and stuff would be o so appreciated
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:56 am

So I got the Tarnished medallion in 905ilvl yesterday... only tried it in two fights and it seems to do some 6-8% of my overall damage (maiden and avatar).

Should it be used only during combustion ? maybe macroed there as well since they have the same 2min cd?
lidorine

Unread postby lidorine Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:24 pm

So I got the Tarnished medallion in 905ilvl yesterday... only tried it in two fights and it seems to do some 6-8% of my overall damage (maiden and avatar).

Should it be used only during combustion ? maybe macroed there as well since they have the same 2min cd?
sim it with rop, it's pretty much a weak DoS, you should use it with all dmg buffers you have, rop for dmg and combustion to make it crit

Return to “Fire”