Marquee Binding Rotation Question's

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Falq

Re: Marquee Binding Rotation Question's

Unread postby Falq Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:25 am

Writing those 3 points I took them as single event's rather single situations and popping Combust at the end of HC Pyro would be dps gain if you wasn't casting in RoP already. Approach I took was wrong and kinda misleading.

I have to agree Bemular with what you said. I tried to focus on commiting resorces to get huge Pyro at the start of the burn phase, but your option is way more efficient, a bit luck depend, but more efficient. We get 2 HC pyros (scenario I'm talking is you have HC Pyro available at the start of the Burn Phase), best possible Burn Phase and high possibility for huge pyro at the end of it. Nvm what I said that. Simply hard casting pyro before burn phase, and fishing for HC Crit Pyro with 5 PI and RoP at the end of it is the best way.
Mojeca

Unread postby Mojeca Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:00 pm

If you are ready to enter into your Combust RoP phase and end up with a proc, is it worth it to delay the phase by 5 seconds to get the HC pyro, or just waste the proc in order to get a Combust phase ASAP? I feel like it is worth it to delay the Combust, unless it means getting one less Combust phase during the fight. But it also means entering into Combust with likely no stacks of PI (unless you CiS after the HC pyro to build them up, further delaying your Combust). Thoughts?
Falq

Unread postby Falq Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:10 pm

If you are ready to enter into your Combust RoP phase and end up with a proc, is it worth it to delay the phase by 5 seconds to get the HC pyro, or just waste the proc in order to get a Combust phase ASAP? I feel like it is worth it to delay the Combust, unless it means getting one less Combust phase during the fight. But it also means entering into Combust with likely no stacks of PI (unless you CiS after the HC pyro to build them up, further delaying your Combust). Thoughts?
I think you are right on everything :) Delay by 5 sec means nothing, unless you loose your combustion but I don't think that will happen. You may build PI with CiS or keep them if HC pyro crits. I always start combust phase with RoP -> CiS -> Combust, because I usually don't have all PF available so I'm done with burst in 7-8 seconds and I'd rather have my Pyro crit with 5 PI stacks
Mojeca

Unread postby Mojeca Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Also, is there a good mod or weakaura script you guys have handy to track when the bindings proc? I dont wanna be staring at my buff bar and searching for the proc. I'd love it if it would just show up all big and opaque in the middle of my screen.
Unreal

Unread postby Unreal Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:33 pm

Also, is there a good mod or weakaura script you guys have handy to track when the bindings proc? I dont wanna be staring at my buff bar and searching for the proc. I'd love it if it would just show up all big and opaque in the middle of my screen.
Just make your own, it takes like 10s since WA2 has them already preprogrammed. All you need to do is select your legendary and there you go.
lopstar

Unread postby lopstar Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:09 pm

Code: Select all

dOtkdaGAiKwVOsEjKKDbPABkLzcr1CLKMTq3ec13evStsXEr7wW(Pk9tirddsQXrvmuiGbtv1WvshKQYVP0XOW5GGAHqc3wvTyjLLlYPv8uILPepNKNrQmvQmzjMo4VqPRcr6YsDDvzJquMgP0MfLTdfUeeOVcr8zO67KQ(eKYHvz0IQgpeItkQu3ssCnOOZRu9yk61sQwheKPbDugQbZLnJnpuuuwqFbDd09q5tPqPqhLDuMLPAGiRYM2fplOwN2nD5OlhD6mywfTys5mHbJ2LgC8oHyBPPMkgOMcKgC8orhLW9BfDuJbfuDDeni)Pqt51psJW8pO963xTjoWobcuI2Rqhf4IDaOJY)fHHoceOuMSSX8fHD6O8FryOJabkjBSPJY)fHHoceOSIXkCXoa0r5)IWqhbcuYotySb6O8FryOJabkPZSPJY)fHHoceiqjZgazYvtnl6Oug1A82f4mRROGGRusn(ydU91MYyAduMWaynT)1ydDHAmOmfkiVX7q5s7E9RpnkGYzcJnOOJIcUeqhLIflE0QNOGsXIvzFHcrbf8Ovp2S09BkiPV6(EPtHqiVX7q5s7E9RpnkGsXI18Pa7N1OGhT6XEMWyduu5T6PuSy)TsD4nRrrzFHcLChGoLDMDvFLInOQIK(Q77LovveWQVt(EPtH4UmxvX(cfv16Nz(jGJUfhNaLjmaDukwSMpfy)SgbcuUW8pySb6OOGlb0rb2xBkRPw1aL1uRAGIkFAc1jqGszui6lycdgnLlgPGiOmlt1arwLC2wm06rNhe2yzZqlMEywfTBucVVln44DsrngeOC0rbvxhrdYFk0uE9J0im)dAV(9vBIdStnyUSzS5HafmOgdTlgeib
Here's one i've made and use. Quite simple.
Mojeca

Unread postby Mojeca Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:31 pm

I'm not very good with WeakAuras. That little thing you linked is perfect, thanks. I'd love similar things for Combustion, RoP, Potions, etc. Is there an easy way to make them? Or a direction you could point me to where I could learn how to make them myself? I've found a massive lack of weakauras tutorials.
Falq

Unread postby Falq Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:58 pm

I'm not very good with WeakAuras. That little thing you linked is perfect, thanks. I'd love similar things for Combustion, RoP, Potions, etc. Is there an easy way to make them? Or a direction you could point me to where I could learn how to make them myself? I've found a massive lack of weakauras tutorials.
You should really make another topic for that or look for similar. There should be plenty of auras here.
Skozen

Unread postby Skozen Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:23 am

I've been hardcasting the proc within combustion when I get the chance and it has been a massive gain. If you can get it off before combustion ends and with 5 PI stacks then it basically hits like 4 pyroblasts. That would be four GCDs, which is more than the 4.2 seconds or whatever the hardcast takes. Mine pre-nerf has been hitting for a little over 2.5 million during combust which means it procs an ignite for another 3.75 million. WORTH. You're mainly cutting out pyroblasts that have been procced with phoenix flames from the end of your rotation when you do this. So I typically go into combust with a hot streak and 4 fire blast charges. This gives me 5 regular pyroblasts and an uber 4x pyroblast in combustion during lust iirc, and the neat part is that it means I've still got my phoenix flames (2 usually, I use one to force a hot streak before my first combust) when I pop my next rune.
lopstar

Unread postby lopstar Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:20 am

You can crit 2,5m with rop without combust also. I cannot see how this can be Worth at all. You can't make a "burst" phase without combust.
Xzaar

Unread postby Xzaar Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:45 pm

Additionally, shimmer doesn't cancel your cast.
Holy crap I feel dumb right now... I've been using a /stopcasting macro with blink for years and was not aware of this. A minute of silence please for all the dps I lost due to me not reading a tooltip.
Xzaar

Unread postby Xzaar Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:51 pm

The only thing I can't quite figure out at the moment is how to make sure you can get the benefit from Pyretic Incantation as it's a 5 second buff.
You can always Fireblast mid-cast to refresh pyretics incantation if it's about to drop.
subtlexgaming

Unread postby subtlexgaming Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:24 am

I would always take your chances with RoP for crit. Crit should be decently high anyways, and if it doesn't crit you atleast have RoP.
Falq

Unread postby Falq Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:00 pm

Additionally, shimmer doesn't cancel your cast.
Holy crap I feel dumb right now... I've been using a /stopcasting macro with blink for years and was not aware of this. A minute of silence please for all the dps I lost due to me not reading a tooltip.
I feel sorry for your loss mate.
Zettanyte

Unread postby Zettanyte Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:32 pm

I've been hardcasting the proc within combustion when I get the chance and it has been a massive gain. If you can get it off before combustion ends and with 5 PI stacks then it basically hits like 4 pyroblasts. That would be four GCDs, which is more than the 4.2 seconds or whatever the hardcast takes. Mine pre-nerf has been hitting for a little over 2.5 million during combust which means it procs an ignite for another 3.75 million. WORTH. You're mainly cutting out pyroblasts that have been procced with phoenix flames from the end of your rotation when you do this. So I typically go into combust with a hot streak and 4 fire blast charges. This gives me 5 regular pyroblasts and an uber 4x pyroblast in combustion during lust iirc, and the neat part is that it means I've still got my phoenix flames (2 usually, I use one to force a hot streak before my first combust) when I pop my next rune.
But Hotstreak doubles ignite damage, so wouldn't it just be better to cast during combustion like normal?
Xenost

Unread postby Xenost Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:43 am

Hotstreak double ignite damage which mean each pyro is worth 1+2X pyro dmg where X is ignite damage

One HC pyro is worth 4+4X pyro dmg where X is ignite dmg
During one HC pyro you can cast 3 HS pyro, which means (1+2X)*3 <=> 4+4X
X=1/2

It means that under 50% mastery (during combu) you get higher damage by hardcasting pyro than doing 3 HS Pyro, it doesn't account for the loss of eventual proc but since you keep FB/PF by doing that you may end up having as much HS proc.

This only works for pure ST because on MT you obviously want a bigger ignite. I think it's definitely worth to HC pyro during combustion for pure ST. ( you also benefit from 25% assured PI damage, which is not the case if you cast it after combu since you may not crit)
Zettanyte

Unread postby Zettanyte Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:55 pm

Hotstreak double ignite damage which mean each pyro is worth 1+2X pyro dmg where X is ignite damage

One HC pyro is worth 4+4X pyro dmg where X is ignite dmg
During one HC pyro you can cast 3 HS pyro, which means (1+2X)*3 <=> 4+4X
X=1/2

It means that under 50% mastery (during combu) you get higher damage by hardcasting pyro than doing 3 HS Pyro, it doesn't account for the loss of eventual proc but since you keep FB/PF by doing that you may end up having as much HS proc.

This only works for pure ST because on MT you obviously want a bigger ignite. I think it's definitely worth to HC pyro during combustion for pure ST. ( you also benefit from 25% assured PI damage, which is not the case if you cast it after combu since you may not crit)
Ah I see, I just got these bracers and have been trying to figure out the best way to use them.
I went on Warcraft logs and looked up some of the best mages up there with bindings, it seems like these guys are at ~20% haste which makes sense.

Also when not in combustion phase is it a DPS loss to HC Pyro without RoP? because it feels like it, at my current 7% haste anyway.
Xenost

Unread postby Xenost Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:05 pm

No it's always a dps gain to cast it, regardless of haste. (the only time it's a dps loss is if you don't have the time to cast it, like there are 3 s left on RoP or on a buff...)
dewun

Unread postby dewun Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:12 am

Xenost's math did seem correct so I went in and modified the APL in Simcraft to do the HC in Combustion. By adding:
actions.combustion_phase+=/pyroblast,if=buff.hot_streak.up |buff.kaelthas_ultimate_ability.up&buff.combustion.remains>cast_time+travel_time

In a single target 450s fight lenght and my gear:

DPS Ranking:
808594 100.0% Raid
406459 50.3% HC_pyro_in_comb
402135 49.7% Default_APL

As seen, this a dps increase. As targets increase the value of a HC pyro lowers as expected.

Edit:

Did some further modifications to use trinket better, slightly altered way of saving RoP to use it twice in a row and executing the HC pyro while in Comb only when PI stacks are >= 4 . Squeezed a slightly higher gain. http://pastebin.com/raw/mK1KH5Pu" target="_blank
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:40 pm

like the haste cap for fire mages is 1800 but with the wrist woult that haste cap go higher ?

Return to “Fire”