Marquee Binding Rotation Question's

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
lopstar

Re: Marquee Binding Rotation Question's

Unread postby lopstar Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:14 pm

It's crit>int/haste with bracers.

Haste is strong with bracers, crit is still better.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:36 am

Ah I see, I just got these bracers and have been trying to figure out the best way to use them.
I went on Warcraft logs and looked up some of the best mages up there with bindings, it seems like these guys are at ~20% haste which makes sense.

Also when not in combustion phase is it a DPS loss to HC Pyro without RoP? because it feels like it, at my current 7% haste anyway.

So you saying crit haste gear is good now? And 20% is our breakpoint?
As crit haste mastery or is this only fore pure single target?
Like anny good numbers woult be nice as atm with the nerf in 7.1 i dont see my hardcasts doing more than 1.5 mil dammage with 5 stack and crit hit
Im 870 il might be doing something wrong if you guys can hit 2.5mil with it
Xzaar

Unread postby Xzaar Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:26 am

RoP Crits should net you in the 2.25-2.5M range.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:20 am

I got
63% crit
7% haste
18% mastery
With rop 5 stacks of pyretic and crit
Now you saying i shoult still se the 2 mil number but realy i dont see it so please tell me what am i doing wrong here?
debil

Unread postby debil Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:14 am

I got
63% crit
7% haste
18% mastery
Now you saying i shoult still se the 2 mil number but realy i dont see it so please tell me what am i doing wrong here?
2.15 for me in 866 gear with rop and PIx5. 61 crit 3 versa
Falq

Unread postby Falq Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:41 pm

I got
63% crit
7% haste
18% mastery
2.15 for me in 866 gear with rop and PIx5. 61 crit 3 versa
Did you just compare flat damage to crit/haste/rating and ilvl? Damage you get only depends on your Int / Versa / SpellPower. Also ilvl does not tell you much because you can have high ilvl on jewelery and another guy can have high ilvl on main pieces with lots of int chest/legs etc. If you have 5 stacks PI + RoP and you cant HC Pyro you already did everything you could. How much it crits only depends on procs/gear which is not rotation case.
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:08 pm

actually, im at 16%ish haste and there are currently breakpoints every other odd 1200-ish haste or so
i did a reforge plot for 2,5k in every direction again mastery and haste seems to be worse than mastery - except for those breakpoints. im currently sitting on top of one (haste 16,65%) and haste is worse than mastery but as soon as i move to the left haste becomes as good as crit in value (about 14 dps per point) because 100 rating would give me 6-7k dps or so. the same can be observed in general, the nearer you are from a breakpoint (coming from the left) the higher the value of haste is calculated, in general it seems to be a very bad stat compared to even our worst singletarget-stat (mastery)
ps: i also porjected haste into the next 5k points (because of reports of people going oom with too much) there's no such point in sight for me, i suppose thats because of the reduced APM that the bracer give you
Bangin

Unread postby Bangin Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:27 pm

actually, im at 16%ish haste and there are currently breakpoints every other odd 1200-ish haste or so
i did a reforge plot for 2,5k in every direction again mastery and haste seems to be worse than mastery - except for those breakpoints. im currently sitting on top of one (haste 16,65%) and haste is worse than mastery but as soon as i move to the left haste becomes as good as crit in value (about 14 dps per point) because 100 rating would give me 6-7k dps or so. the same can be observed in general, the nearer you are from a breakpoint (coming from the left) the higher the value of haste is calculated, in general it seems to be a very bad stat compared to even our worst singletarget-stat (mastery)
ps: i also porjected haste into the next 5k points (because of reports of people going oom with too much) there's no such point in sight for me, i suppose thats because of the reduced APM that the bracer give you
So you're saying that even with these breakpoints it's not a good stat to get over mastery or vers? I'm still curious as to what's causing these breakpoints every 1200 haste or so as you said.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:28 pm

is i worth hardcasting pyroblast while you dont have rop or 5 stack of pyretics? and is perhaps rop bad for wrist and instead incaters flow becomes more viable cuase of the stacks?
Xzaar

Unread postby Xzaar Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:22 am

If you have a RoP to spare when bindings proc, use it first. If you don't it's still always worth it to hardcast Pyro even without buffs. From my experience at least.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:25 am

But without rop or anny other buffs i do around 600k dammage is that realy worth it ?
nirdana

Unread postby nirdana Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:31 am

as you said. YOu have 63% crit chance. That'S 69,3% on pyroblast. Really high chance and you're saving fire blast that you can use afterwards.
It wil definetly do higher dmg than spamming fireballs.
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:00 am

I'm still curious as to what's causing these breakpoints every 1200 haste or so as you said.
Everytime you have enough haste to fit another instant cast into Combustion, you'd get a dps jump.
Frederik22

Unread postby Frederik22 Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:30 pm

What is everyones thoughts on the moment when u sit on, lets say 5 stacks on PI with a bracer proc, and a
hot streak proc ? i guess its worth to use a cancel aura macro hot streak to not risk loosing the PI stacks ?
Warble

Unread postby Warble Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:42 am

With hotstreak active and bracer proc, I have been dumping the hotstreak hoping for a crit so I can double pyro
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:45 am

like the haste cap for fire mages is 1800 but with the wrist woult that haste cap go higher ?
the last hastecap (breakpoint) i could find is about 20,6%, the one before that is 16,1%

Return to “Fire”