Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Fueledoncoffee

Re: Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Unread postby Fueledoncoffee Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Looks like some people posted pretty much the same question above me around the same time. Sorry bout the repeats. Focus on the last question about sinew stacks if possible please kind Mages.

Also someone on MMOchamp already simmed cinderstorm and findling and cinderstorm is only better if you hit 6 everytime. This was simmed specifically to check with Sinew and see if you really need to roll with cinderstorm. Not worth it imo unless the rest of your play is almost flawless you will gain more on improving elsewhere.
Vega2985

Unread postby Vega2985 Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Anyone else finding rather large discrepancies in what your trinkets sim vs what you're actually seeing? It seems that the RNG is pretty all over the place for a lot of the trinkets :/
Emazing17

Unread postby Emazing17 Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:39 pm

Eye of skovald outperforms my shock baton even on ST yet no one ever mentions it. Not entirely sure why.
subtlexgaming

Unread postby subtlexgaming Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:08 pm

I'm surprised, my 850 eye of skovald only ever does well on AOE. On ST it seems to be around 2% of my dmg. I'm going to shoot for Baton and Naxaras trinket from NF liar for ST as my two go to until something more clear shows itself. ANYONE have tips for getting baton WQ to pop? I've looked for 12 days straight now , but no luck. I barely complete any WQ besides the four needed for the daily cache. IS that my problem?
incaendius

Unread postby incaendius Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:34 pm

The Baton WQ daily pops for me everyday for a week straight, ever since I did the requirements for it. I'm not sure but maybe you didn't do the requirements?

I am using a 855 Spiked Tongue and a 865 Sinew. I'm not sure if I should use the 840 Baton over the Spike Tongue. From my experience Baton procs way more often but hits less than Spike Tongue. But I do lose 3-4%crit. Really hard situation as sims from Trinket seems broken.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:01 pm

Anyone else finding rather large discrepancies in what your trinkets sim vs what you're actually seeing?
Do you have logs that prove that?
Aech

Unread postby Aech Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:58 pm

I got 865 twisting wind out of raids last night and did a mythic plus trying it out instead of my caged horror I normally use. I have to say, it was pretty underwhelming.

We did Maw of Souls 5, which had some decent sized pulls and it looked like the cyclone was proccing often, however according to the logs the trinket did just under 2% of my total damage. For reference, my 845 shock baton did over 4%, and it's single target. In a halls of valor 4 mythic+ yesterday, caged horror did almost 6% of my damage.

So, I don't think Twisting Winds is worth it even in mythic+, the damage is just so low.
vishop

Unread postby vishop Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:03 pm

I am using a 855 Spiked Tongue and a 865 Sinew. I'm not sure if I should use the 840 Baton over the Spike Tongue. From my experience Baton procs way more often but hits less than Spike Tongue. But I do lose 3-4%crit. Really hard situation as sims from Trinket seems broken
best bet may be to just run some with tongue and some with the baton. the baton may do less per hit but add up to more total. thats going to be your real answer. the crit on the baton helps to make it alot stronger as well.
Sheph

Unread postby Sheph Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:51 pm

Are there a simmed list of trinkets at same ilvl somewhere? I can't seem to find one that contains EN raids AND the best ones from mythic+ dungeons (at similar ilvl). The fire theorycrafting thread only contains dungeon and wq trinkets.
Pkm

Unread postby Pkm Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:45 am

Anyone using wriggling sinew in M+ ? I was using it in a few M+ runs and i feel like it helps balance the single target damage while using aoe talents. Ofcourse, this means i am running cinderstorm instead of kindling. But came close to a 3 chest clear if the hunter didn't mess up. Had 2 runs with 2 chests. Not bad for pug runs.

I have used wriggling sinew in trash pulls as well with combust/rop and there didn't seem to be any damage difference when on boss. So the good thing is, having whispers up on more than one target means you wont lose any damage when the proc goes off, but the bad thing is that i find the whisper stacks to go randomly on aoe and it will explode on whatever will have the stacks.

I do try and use cinderstorm as much as i can though. Ive pulled so many random shit before doing the dungeons in heroic/normal and im pretty sure i know when its safe to fire them off now.
polyrhythm

Unread postby polyrhythm Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:16 am

If you guys are having trouble fitting enough casts in during combustion i suggest you should really work on your combustion rotation and setup. Its gonna improve your game A LOT more and allow you to use the trinket correctly.
Fire blasts + pyros could be 6-8 casts (and thats the first 4-5 sec) , PF+pyros afterwards. 1-3 casts before combust depending on opening.

This is correct you only need to precast 1 fireball, whether it crits or not you will hit the 10th stack on the last moment of combust/rune if you have 6% haste. But I've noticed an ICD of about 200MS on sinew stacks (any1 have a source to confirm or bug report? ) so be patient with your combustion rotation. Without missing any time on GCD weave your Fblasts to have a small gap between pyro's landing.
polyrhythm

Unread postby polyrhythm Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:24 am

This was simmed specifically to check with Sinew and see if you really need to roll with cinderstorm. Not worth it imo unless the rest of your play is almost flawless you will gain more on improving elsewhere.
Landing 6 cinders on bosses, esp in EN is super easy. Not good advice to tell mages to not learn cinders, its not as hard as it may seem. It looks daunting at first, but just hit up a target dummy for 20 mins till u find the sweet spot at range. And just cast there all day you will end up being able to just feel cinderstorm paths, even with its small variation.

More to do with the trinket (since its trinket thread :P) Ive found in some situation (cenarius adds and M+) where I want to use Kindling its still fine to just use Sinew 0with RoP and NO combustion. with 63% crit it crits like 4/5 times when i've done that, and the DPS gain where i need it on adds/trash etc has made up for that 1/5 non crit.
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:38 am

Can someone tell me why you want Sinew to proc during Combustion? What "boosts" its damage? When you read the trinket it tells you the damage it will do, but how do I increase it? I just don't understand the trinket
Pkm

Unread postby Pkm Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:37 am

Its guaranteed to crit during combustion :)
DarioTheOG

Unread postby DarioTheOG Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Can someone tell me why you want Sinew to proc during Combustion? What "boosts" its damage? When you read the trinket it tells you the damage it will do, but how do I increase it? I just don't understand the trinket
The trinket's damage is buffed by the 50% increase from RoP, the 100% crit from combustion, and the 25% crit damage from PI.
vishop

Unread postby vishop Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:55 pm

trying to decided between an 850 plague hive and an 825 oakhearts (other trinket is 830 Shock baton). oakhearts sims better over all, but there is quite the ilvl difference here.
slammershark275

Unread postby slammershark275 Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:08 pm

Trying to decide between my new shock baton (840), spiked tongue (840), horrorslime (855) and the plaguehive (865). Sims won't run on my computer for some reason. I love the new shock baton and horrorslime cause of the crit but seeing a 400k spiked tongue proc seems to good to pass. Any advice?
Weezdion

Unread postby Weezdion Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:25 am

Trying to decide between my new shock baton (840), spiked tongue (840), horrorslime (855) and the plaguehive (865). Sims won't run on my computer for some reason. I love the new shock baton and horrorslime cause of the crit but seeing a 400k spiked tongue proc seems to good to pass. Any advice?
Baton and Spiked Tongue all the way.
fieryphoenix

Unread postby fieryphoenix Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:26 pm

In my experience the twisting wind trinket does work well on xavius, my 865 does ~3% on heroic, where devilsaur 835 does ~4%. It's very much a 'mileage may vary' trinket.
Also the twisting wind trinket gives a LOT of primary stat.
Crit is stronger than int ofcourse, but 1400 int is stronger than 900 crit.
incaendius

Unread postby incaendius Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:26 pm

Anyone know how good is Unstable Arcanocrystasl? vs a spiked tongue

iLvl 860
+807 Critical Strike
+807 Haste
+807 mastery
+807 Versa

Return to “Fire”