Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Majky

Re: Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Unread postby Majky Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:05 am

What about the new trinket?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=142160/mrrgrias-favor" target="_blank
Anybody anything about this? I am curious too, it seems pretty good with 30s cd.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:25 am

Your basic error is that you assume the majority of players make the right decisions on talents or know how to play any talent they take
Your basic error is that you assume you know better than 90% of top parsers.
That's a strawman. After the ad hominem you thought of adding another fallacy. Do you know what is the difference between arguments of two adults and following the bandwagon of whatever you see on the top logs blindly?
Mage1963

Unread postby Mage1963 Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:08 pm

I'm reading that Some EN raid trinkets are getting Buffed, but not Sinew or Plague Swarm.

Horrorslime looks to be getting a 20% buff.
Pkm

Unread postby Pkm Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Still, horrorslime would be best in an aoe scenario like M+
Thebes

Unread postby Thebes Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:27 pm

I didn't grab and screens or sims yet but it appears that Bough of Corruption is pretty solid. I used it last night (865) along with my 850 sinew in Khar. Several boss fights it did 10% of my damage while sinew did 12%.

The fights I saw it up that high are ones that it proc'd early in the fight and got part of a 2nd proc off as well (around 30-32 ticks) on purely ST. I have never seen my baton or root do that well next to sinew that I can recall. But again it seems kinda rng if it procs early enough to have more than one cycle hit.

Anyone else try it yet? I will do some sims to compare after work.
xirrohon

Unread postby xirrohon Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:40 pm

I didn't grab and screens or sims yet but it appears that Bough of Corruption is pretty solid. I used it last night (865) along with my 850 sinew in Khar. Several boss fights it did 10% of my damage while sinew did 12%.

The fights I saw it up that high are ones that it proc'd early in the fight and got part of a 2nd proc off as well (around 30-32 ticks) on purely ST. I have never seen my baton or root do that well next to sinew that I can recall. But again it seems kinda rng if it procs early enough to have more than one cycle hit.

Anyone else try it yet? I will do some sims to compare after work.
Some fights Bough was amazing. Some fights it literally did 0% damage.
CaliFireMage

Unread postby CaliFireMage Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:03 pm

The Bough of Corruption is acting very different for me. The DPS is solid, sometimes even sky high after 7.1.

Here is a 7min 19sec Xavius fight, which I figure is a good time span: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4Y ... pe=summary

it was 4.85% of my total DPS of 355 so +17K roughly DPS for a fairly sustained period. The unstable horroslime also improved to 5.1% of total DPS for me. I dont have a good before and after but I think the Bough was close to 1% pre-patch (so previously was indeed total crap).

Im not an expert in any sense whatsoever, but Im definitely equipping it (its also ilvl 880 for me so one of better trinkets).

thanks
sandman_

Unread postby sandman_ Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:29 pm

I've had to rethink my trinkets as well...

I was running with Wriggling Sinew + Horrorslime (for crit + decent proc dmg) but Wriggling Sinew just isn't hitting as consistently as it used to. That mixed with the fact that I take Cinderstorm (to line up the 2min CD on Wriggling) is a DPS loss on single-target "dummy testing" (2mins).

I tested Plaguehive + Sinew (Cinderstorm), Horrorslime + Sinew (Cinderstorm), & Horrorslime + Plaguehive (Kindling) and got about +50k DPS with the latter--possibly because of kindling. In any case, of the 3 trinkets listed, the Sinew had the poorest DPS output and Plaguehive had the best.

Leads me to favour ditching Wriggling and instead going with another trinket so I can utilize Kindling more...

Waiting for 7.1 trinket SimC's... ^_^
· Xenozul ·
Gonzip

Unread postby Gonzip Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:26 pm

Will give my 2 cents about Bought of corruption, got it luckyly 885 titanforged from heroic and wasn't using it because it was really bad until recent patch.

Apart from dmg buff the proc rate seems a bit more consistent (although its really low), and i can understand why it is like this. In Mythic ursoc, got lucky and procced 2 consecutive times, and the thing is, when this happens, the trinket doesn't refresh itself, instead simply puts to 20 seconds the debuff and stays at max charges of intensification, i got also combustion+rop when the second consecutive proc happened and the damage was just absurd, over 8% of my total dmg , comparing it to my sinew that did 6.5% of my dmg. This is different than in our nythendra pull, where it did oinly a 2.8% of my total dmg, as i got few procs and not aligned with cds.

So it seems that its a highly rng trinket, reminds me a bit of prophecy of fear with arcane mage in HFC, if you got lucky with procs you crushed some dps, if you were unlucky, the trinket did close to nothing.
CaliFireMage

Unread postby CaliFireMage Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Will give my 2 cents about Bought of corruption, got it luckyly 885 titanforged from heroic and wasn't using it because it was really bad until recent patch.

Apart from dmg buff the proc rate seems a bit more consistent (although its really low), and i can understand why it is like this. In Mythic ursoc, got lucky and procced 2 consecutive times, and the thing is, when this happens, the trinket doesn't refresh itself, instead simply puts to 20 seconds the debuff and stays at max charges of intensification, i got also combustion+rop when the second consecutive proc happened and the damage was just absurd, over 8% of my total dmg , comparing it to my sinew that did 6.5% of my dmg. This is different than in our nythendra pull, where it did oinly a 2.8% of my total dmg, as i got few procs and not aligned with cds.

So it seems that its a highly rng trinket, reminds me a bit of prophecy of fear with arcane mage in HFC, if you got lucky with procs you crushed some dps, if you were unlucky, the trinket did close to nothing.
this. I played with Bough 7.1 for about 8 hours since the patch now at 880 level and there were fights where it appeared to proc back to back hitting a Combust sequence just right and was 21-24% of my total damage output. Very interesting. Of course I would have no idea how to actually utilize this in any consistent manner...
EmberPFU

Unread postby EmberPFU Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Did they nerf the Sinew trinket with the latest patch? Feels like I'm losing out on 250k-500k dmg now every proc.
Nope, must be you doing something wrong, mine is perfectly fine, ilv 855 and doing 2.1M on dummies. Same as pre-patch.
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Ive got some trinkets, but i am in doubt of which ones to use in raid? (I am iLvl 870 with Plaguehive+Sinew Equipped).

i am confused if i should be using Sinew in a mythic+ environment aswell? Or should i just swap trinkets around so i have Sinew on bosses, and a proc trinket on trash? or what would be the best to do?

Devilsaur Shock-Baton: 845 iLvl
Naraxas' Spiked Tongue: 865 iLvl
Wriggling Sinew: 870 iLvl
Swarming Plaguehive: 895 iLvl

Stats unbuffed with trinket combos:
Sinew+Plaguehive: 62% Crit, 11% Haste, 11% Mastery.
Sinew+Shock-Baton: 65% Crit, 8% Haste, 11% Mastery.
Sinew+Spiked Tongue: 62% Crit, 8% haste, 14% Mastery.

Plaguehive+Shock-Baton: 62% Crit, 11% Haste, 11% Mastery.
Plaguehive+Spiked Tongue: 59% Crit, 11% Haste, 14% Mastery.

Shock-Baton+Spiked Tongue: 62% Crit, 8% Haste, 14% Mastery.

Armory: Elitemodel @ Kazzak-EU

sinew is great for mythic+ bosses since they almost never last more than 2 minutes. however you cant switch trinkets from trash because sinew will get a 30 sec cd when you equip it. so I'm not using sinew in mythic+ since it gives me nothing on trash :)

for raiding I would use sinew+plaguehive, no question about it. In mythic+ I would use devilsaur+naraxas
Pimpin_hooters

Unread postby Pimpin_hooters Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Need to discuss Bough of Corruption. Doing M-Cenarius farm, this trinket would sometimes do 10-13% of my damage. Other times, we would be 5 mins into the fight with 0 procs, 0 dmg. I saw an earlier post, where a guy had it proc consecutively, and it stayed @ max stacks on 2nd proc.

Any way to 'trick' this into proccing on pull? Any ideas on how to get it to work better? Has a lot of potential, but very finicky.
Gonzip

Unread postby Gonzip Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:41 pm

Need to discuss Bough of Corruption. Doing M-Cenarius farm, this trinket would sometimes do 10-13% of my damage. Other times, we would be 5 mins into the fight with 0 procs, 0 dmg. I saw an earlier post, where a guy had it proc consecutively, and it stayed @ max stacks on 2nd proc.

Any way to 'trick' this into proccing on pull? Any ideas on how to get it to work better? Has a lot of potential, but very finicky.

Can't really play around, as the proc is so inconsistent it doesnt even happen on pull so you can't reliably hold cds for like 5 seconds waiting for it to proc as you could be waiting for minutes and minutes without a single proc.
It's a really high variance trinket, which some people may like but I hated Prophecy of Fear in HFC with arcane mage and don't want to be on the same again, although is so good in aoe that i will probably be forced into using it...
jono987

Unread postby jono987 Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Hey everyone, i was wondering if i could get some advice on my trinkets.
Has anyone tried the new one from Kara yet?

Ive been pretty lucky and currently got an 860 arcano crystal, 860 oakhearts, 875 bough of corruption and 860 Mrrgias Favor from kara.

I have been using arcano and oakheart, however apparently bough is now decent? not sure how to check as it dosent seem to work properly in simcraft. Just literally got the new kara trinket, tried it on 2nd boss, did 6.5% so seems pretty decent along with all the crit it gives?

Thanks for any help!
InfernoFIA

Unread postby InfernoFIA Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:53 pm

Yep, in fact I just popped into this thread to see if Aran's Relaxing Ruby was being discussed.

Dropped for me yesterday (860 with 450 leech) and didnt really give it much attention. Just tested in m+6 ... It equalled my total living bomb dmg over the whole instance and was just behind my 875 Socket Wriggling sinew on the Single Target zergs .. My small sample info below..

Total dmg instance was:
1. Ignite: 75m
2.Pyro: 74m
3 LB: 67m
4 Flame Wreath 65m (proc from Aran's Trink)

On Single target General Kill I did 410k dps in a 1.13sec kill and it did 2m dmg (sinew hit for 2.7m as usual)

All in all .. I'll be equipping this for m+ and cant wait for the pro Altered Time simmers to come out with some more concrete info and updates on the latest batch of trinks :)
jono987

Unread postby jono987 Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:22 am

Hey buddy, i got the crit trinket from the first boss, the westfall Opera.
It does about 180k shadow damage every 30 secs, its buffed by 30% if the melee trinket debuff is also present
MavisBeacon

Unread postby MavisBeacon Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:56 am

Yep, in fact I just popped into this thread to see if Aran's Relaxing Ruby was being discussed.

Dropped for me yesterday (860 with 450 leech) and didnt really give it much attention. Just tested in m+6 ... It equalled my total living bomb dmg over the whole instance and was just behind my 875 Socket Wriggling sinew on the Single Target zergs .. My small sample info below..

Total dmg instance was:
1. Ignite: 75m
2.Pyro: 74m
3 LB: 67m
4 Flame Wreath 65m (proc from Aran's Trink)

On Single target General Kill I did 410k dps in a 1.13sec kill and it did 2m dmg (sinew hit for 2.7m as usual)

All in all .. I'll be equipping this for m+ and cant wait for the pro Altered Time simmers to come out with some more concrete info and updates on the latest batch of trinks :)

Yeah - I have been messing with this trinket too. It has a ton of potential. One of the things I figured out is, because of the nature of it's delay, it IS dynamic. You can get the proc, plop down RoP, and Combust to force a massive crit with it. I used a simple multitarget weak aura to let me know when it procs. There is a lot of potential there for a fight like Dragons to do some crazy damage.
Gonzip

Unread postby Gonzip Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Will give a bit more of info on Bought of Corruption as I've been testing it pretty extensively.

1. Proc rate seems to have gone up, same as damage, although in 1 target only is still pretty inconsistent.
2. When 2+ targets at any moment the trinket proc rate seems to go up through the roof, having several procs.
3. The debuff spread range is INSANE, like 20-30 yards, was spreading from really far enemies to another ones (from one dragon to another in dragons of nightmare for example).
4. When the debuff happens it's worth to start attacking all targets to put maximum debuffs on them (fire blast burn, ignite, fireball burn) as the ticks proc the damage from the trinket debuff.
5. If you are lucky enough to have 2 back to back procs the debuff keeps its intensity and resets the duration to 20 seconds, netting some pretty absurd damage overall.
6. Ticks are affected by ROP, pyretic and combustion, so if you are lucky enough to have a proc at the same time as combustion... big deeps (arround 1-2M)

Overall I'm really impressed by the damage this fking thing does. It's huge rng in absolutely single target fights (nythendra) but on ursoc M, with the add spawn and the spread the damage was really good (7% of my dmg on ursoc when sinew does about 3-4%). So will be using it pretty much always in conjunction with sinew, as with the pyro nerf Haste has gone down and have never really liked Swarmed plaguehive dot type of thing.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:57 am

This thread is for trinket discussion. Any posts which are requests to pick the better trinket out of x, y and z will be deleted/moved to the Q&A forum. Thank you.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.

Return to “Fire”