Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Dacien

Re: Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Unread postby Dacien Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:43 am

How vital is the distance requirement for Naraxas Spiked Tongue? I'm assuming that Naraxas is simmed always proccing from 20+ yards away. In raid environments, this will not always be the case.

So my question is, how painful is the damage reduction to Naraxas Tongue by, say, being stacked on the boss for the entirety of a fight? 10 yards away the entire fight? How serious is the distance requirement?

Anyone know off-hand any SimC parameter to change distance from boss so I can test myself?
mlvnk

Unread postby mlvnk Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:48 am

Hi Dacien, I have the same concern. Sim showed me my 845 naraxas spiked tongue having 3k more dps than my wriggling sinew 835. I for once do not believe there is an dps increase by swapping wriggling with naraxas as some fight we have to stack diminishing the value of the naraxas. Plus I noticed especially in fight shorter than 3-4min, naraxas fluctuate between 2% to 5% depending on luck therefore I keep my wriggling sinew for consistency...
I'm also puzzled sim assume what kind of condition for naraxas spiked tongue. It is always 100% of the potential? Then sim might overestimate the value of naraxas in some situation.
Tschebu

Unread postby Tschebu Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Hey,
Want to discuss Aran's Relaxing Ruby again.
I got it last week in 865, going after tooltip it deals 279k on procc,
Now i got the chest from nightbane, which empowers the trinket, where the tooltip goes from 279k to 363k, which is a lot.
the thing is:
I tested a little bit and it felt like the empowerment isnt there, first i thought the chest is bugged.
But after testing them at the dummy, without and with chest it deals 373k damage non crit and without RoP.
This leads to the conclusion, that Aran's Relaxing Ruby itself is positively bugged or am i wrong?

Had someone else exprenciece in Chest + Trinket?
I don't really understand what you are saying, it looks to me like its hitting for the expected ammount. 279,000 x 30% x 3% (wings of flame cuz its fire school) would put it at 373,881 damage
Yes, you didnt understand what i was trying to say ( not ur fault ).
The damage u said 373,881 is correct yes.
But what i tried to say, that the damage is at 373.881 WITH and WITHOUT the chest which gives the 30%.
That was my point, that the trinket seems to be empowered with 30% even without the chest, what obviously seems to be a bug.
incaendius

Unread postby incaendius Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:04 pm

Regarding Aran's Relaxing Ruby. Is the sims totally off on this? It's simming 3K less than my Arcano's but it feels to do a lot more.
ffabr

Unread postby ffabr Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm

damage from Mrrgria's Favor doesnt show in neither skada nor logs, how can it be real ?
Xidian

Unread postby Xidian Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:46 pm

Is an 880 Plaguehive better than an 835 Shock Batton?
Does this go in the help forum?
Where I can go for some up to date trinket information?

Many Thanks. <3
Sosaria

Unread postby Sosaria Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:44 am

Ask MrRobot has a feature where you can plug in all sorts of different trinkets (and set ilvls) to run simulations. It's pretty good. Results are very similar with Simcraft, with the benefit of actually trying out trinkets without having them in-game.

There's a 6k dps difference between my Shockbaton 845 and the Plague 880... Plague coming out on top for Heroic H simulation.
Dacien

Unread postby Dacien Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:40 pm

Ask MrRobot has a feature where you can plug in all sorts of different trinkets (and set ilvls) to run simulations. It's pretty good. Results are very similar with Simcraft, with the benefit of actually trying out trinkets without having them in-game.

There's a 6k dps difference between my Shockbaton 845 and the Plague 880... Plague coming out on top for Heroic H simulation.
I would not rely on AMR for trinket Sims. I stopped using them for that since their results were so wildly different than what SimC was giving me. Unless they've drastically improved their trinket simming code in the past couple weeks.
Hello guys, I'm currently equipping an 850 sinew and 860 arcanocrystal. But last night, I got a 850 spiked tongue. Do I need to make adjustments and swap out probably my arcanocrystal for spiked tongue? I can't sim it in askmrrobot for some reason trinket doesn't appear in the list.
Get the SimC add-on, type /simc in-game with one set of trinkets equipped, cut and paste into Simcraft program and run. Do the same for different trinkets equipped etc.

This is the best way to tell.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:25 pm

It didn't seem to do any AOE of notice last time I checked

From Frosted's thread
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:37 pm

actually i did a quick sim for 1 and 4 targets and the dps shown for this trinket stayed the same, which is not what's happening in reality click! obviously the procrate stays the same (i think it's a rppm trinket) but it's dps should in theory increase because it can be up on two targets at the same time while you got comb/rune up, given it's a slight increase but nontheless
it's even more apparent on my fellow moonkin druid
Last edited by Lahrast on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:46 pm

Reported to Frosted.

Update:
actually i did a quick sim for 1 and 4 targets and the dps shown for this trinket stayed the same, which is not what's happening in reality click!
I wonder though. Why do you think it's strong on AOE there? It seems to do only ~3% of damage.

Update after the edits:
obviously the procrate stays the same (i think it's a rppm trinket) but it's dps should in theory increase because it can be up on two targets at the same time while you got comb/rune up, given it's a slight increase but nontheless
it's even more apparent on my fellow moonkin druid
It's a theory not supported by your sample. A 3.33% damage trinket is not a good AOE trinket. Also even if it did look good on a moonkin, it's still only a sample of 1 and ~4.4% isn't great either.
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:51 pm

i'm just saying, don't blow the sinew effect out of proportion. i equipped both trinkets on this fight 3 sinew uses (one not optimal but lets face it that's what happens), the damage is about the same but much more micromanagement is required for this result
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:32 am

I'm also having difficulty deciding between trinkets. I don't know how to sim so
It's very easy https://www.altered-time.com/forum/view ... f=2&t=3029" target="_blank
Falq

Unread postby Falq Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:30 pm

I'm also having difficulty deciding between trinkets. I don't know how to sim so I base my stat values on the sticked threads.

I have for ST (presumed based on threads):
845 Socketed DSB
865 W. Sinew
850 Spiked Tongue
870 Bough of Corruption

AoE:
840 Socketed Corrupted Starlight
870 Socketed Caged Horror
865 Unstable Horrorslime (For mythic plus trash I've been told to use this, would like to know the communities thoughts though)

I've tried using the fixed Bough with W. Sinew for single target. For AoE I usually use the Caged Horror and the Starlight, but again, have been told to use the Horrorslime.

I'd love some comprehensive feedback on these combinations. Due to some craptastic mythic chest boxes my crit dances about 52% so I'm usually wary of using trinkets with no crit at all.

Thanks!
Anyone? Thank you.
I'm not 100% sure but this topic is suppose to be discussion thread, instead of "Post your trinkets and we will tell you what to wear" I'm 100% sure you have more than enough information here already (inclucing Curnivore link above how to sim your gear) to answer this yourself. I think all those kind of posts should be posted in Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<< topic, because it's hard to find useful information about thinkets overall, between all those help questions.

On the other hand I'd like to ask what people feel about Bough of Corruption. I did some testing last normal raid with my friends mages, and this trinket is very odd.

Here is log from Ursoc normal:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BR ... amage-done" target="_blank

all 3 of us wear this trinket on 1:41 min fight and
Trann got 0 dmg from it
Corneeck got 3,54 mln during ~47 secs (did it proc 3 times during this time since trinket have only 20 sec duration?!
I got around 1,57 mln during ~20secs

Overall if you look at 2 more logs :

Cenarius normal
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BR ... 1&fight=50" target="_blank

Xavius normal
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BR ... ity=222711" target="_blank

Corneecks trinket is doing WAY more damage than mine. When I asked him how he do it, he said that he doesn't do anything special. When I started tracking it and extra focused on stacking it when it proc I realize it have some CD on stack application, and you can't stack it very fast. Also when discussing here on the forum about this trinket, some people said that trinket is good, and some claimed he does 0 damage at all. Wondering if there is some trick to it, or some versions of it are bugged? Any ideas?
Dacien

Unread postby Dacien Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm also having difficulty deciding between trinkets. I don't know how to sim so I base my stat values on the sticked threads.

I have for ST (presumed based on threads):
845 Socketed DSB
865 W. Sinew
850 Spiked Tongue
870 Bough of Corruption

AoE:
840 Socketed Corrupted Starlight
870 Socketed Caged Horror
865 Unstable Horrorslime (For mythic plus trash I've been told to use this, would like to know the communities thoughts though)

I've tried using the fixed Bough with W. Sinew for single target. For AoE I usually use the Caged Horror and the Starlight, but again, have been told to use the Horrorslime.

I'd love some comprehensive feedback on these combinations. Due to some craptastic mythic chest boxes my crit dances about 52% so I'm usually wary of using trinkets with no crit at all.

Thanks!
Anyone? Thank you.
I'm not 100% sure but this topic is suppose to be discussion thread, instead of "Post your trinkets and we will tell you what to wear" I'm 100% sure you have more than enough information here already (inclucing Curnivore link above how to sim your gear) to answer this yourself. I think all those kind of posts should be posted in Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<< topic, because it's hard to find useful information about thinkets overall, between all those help questions.

On the other hand I'd like to ask what people feel about Bough of Corruption. I did some testing last normal raid with my friends mages, and this trinket is very odd.

Here is log from Ursoc normal:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BR ... amage-done" target="_blank

all 3 of us wear this trinket on 1:41 min fight and
Trann got 0 dmg from it
Corneeck got 3,54 mln during ~47 secs (did it proc 3 times during this time since trinket have only 20 sec duration?!
I got around 1,57 mln during ~20secs

Overall if you look at 2 more logs :

Cenarius normal
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BR ... 1&fight=50" target="_blank

Xavius normal
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BR ... ity=222711" target="_blank

Corneecks trinket is doing WAY more damage than mine. When I asked him how he do it, he said that he doesn't do anything special. When I started tracking it and extra focused on stacking it when it proc I realize it have some CD on stack application, and you can't stack it very fast. Also when discussing here on the forum about this trinket, some people said that trinket is good, and some claimed he does 0 damage at all. Wondering if there is some trick to it, or some versions of it are bugged? Any ideas?
Personally, I've never done a fight where it simply did not proc. What can happen is that it procs, and then you must observe some mechanic and lose spell uptime on the debuff.
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:54 am

from m+ and ae-fights experience i can say that it is awesome.
does roughly 10-15% of my dps in m+ dungeons and 7-10% of my dps on cleave fights, you just have to "abuse" it a little by combining it with rune if it's worth it (1m crits on 20 mobs anyone?) to really make it work - but it's still good without targeted interaction

good fights for this trinket are:
dragons of nightmare
illgynoth
helya
xavius (for fun, not for progress :P)

everything with sustained cleave really
example here helya: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Gg ... &source=10
5.6% seems low but no, it's pretty huge actually if you compare it to my ignite damage - on ST my pyro/ignite ratio is usually 60/40 or something to give you a perspective (also mastery on it obviously helps with cleave dps via ignite)
philthy

Unread postby philthy Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:53 pm

I am pretty sure Aran's Relaxing Ruby is the strongest available fire mage trinket in the game right now, I have an 875 one that I got on Tuesday. I have several 865-880 Trinkets (Sinew, Shock Baton, Bough, Spiked Tongue) and absolutely none of them come anywhere close to the output damage from the Rubys flame wreath proc - the Ruby is consistently double to triple the damage of any of them except for the bough which if it procs at the right time it can almost keep up. Despite SIMC telling me using it is a significant decrease inn DPS - this has not been my experience. It is often 15-25% of my total damage in fights. This week I decided to just use Bough and Ruby - the bough is inconsistent but if it procs at the right time its doing loads more damage than a well timed sinew. Anyone else have some experience with the Ruby trinket?
philthy

Unread postby philthy Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:20 pm

I am seeing very strong performance from the ruby in both dungeons and raids both single and multi target scenarios. Not a single situation where any of the other trinkets do better. this thing procs constantly.
blackd89

Unread postby blackd89 Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:23 pm

After numerous of testing i can only say that aran trinket is bis for me. Im using it on single target as well, lining it up with RoP. Other trinket i use is bough, still unlucky with geting sinew.
philthy

Unread postby philthy Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:34 pm

After numerous of testing i can only say that aran trinket is bis for me. Im using it on single target as well, lining it up with RoP. Other trinket i use is bough, still unlucky with geting sinew.

Honestly if you have aran and bough the sinew isnt gonna be better than those. The bough is inconsistent so sometimes it wont stop proccing and other times it wont proc at all but on average by experience is that in situations where the bough procs the sinew pales in comparison by an enormous amount.

Return to “Fire”