Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Àraya

Re: Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Unread postby Àraya Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:39 am

Hi Guys, atm i Run with the Legendary Trinket all Fights. & Yesterday i got 890 Burning Sky and IT is awesome shit in Multitarget and also Singletarget. Cause i could use Arcane Ruby 865 with socket or Nightbane 870. But Yesterday my First Choice was pretty much better. Icon of Rot is damn shit. Guldan Trinket atm i have no expirience
Nofu

Unread postby Nofu Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:40 pm

Okay so. Trinkets.

I have quite a few and simmed most combinations to what worked the best for ST and cleave. I have two set so crit was devalued slightly.

885 - Etheral Urn
880- Twisting Wind
875 - Erratic Metronome, Unstable Horrorslime, Pharamere's Forbidden Grimorie & Icon of Rot
865 - Wriggling Sinew

ST simmed Erratic Metronome / Urn to be highest ST by about 10k over Twisting Wind / Urn. All other combinations seemed to be within 1-2k of Wind / Urn.

Cleave Wind / Urn pulls ahead. Horrorslime sims better than Wind here but in game it doesn't due to the slime not always hitting.
Deith

Unread postby Deith Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi Guys, atm i Run with the Legendary Trinket all Fights. & Yesterday i got 890 Burning Sky and IT is awesome shit in Multitarget and also Singletarget. Cause i could use Arcane Ruby 865 with socket or Nightbane 870. But Yesterday my First Choice was pretty much better. Icon of Rot is damn shit. Guldan Trinket atm i have no expirience
Burning Sky is absolutely insane ATM, both cleave and ST fights
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi Guys, atm i Run with the Legendary Trinket all Fights. & Yesterday i got 890 Burning Sky and IT is awesome shit in Multitarget and also Singletarget. (...)
(...) Burning Sky is absolutely insane ATM, both cleave and ST fights
Could you provide some data for these claims? How much better is it compared to other trinkets?
Falq

Unread postby Falq Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi Guys, atm i Run with the Legendary Trinket all Fights. & Yesterday i got 890 Burning Sky and IT is awesome shit in Multitarget and also Singletarget. (...)
Could you provide some data for these claims? How much better is it compared to other trinkets?
I agree with bot statements unfortunatelly I cann't provide my logs since got them private.

Deals around 4% dmg on single target fights, and 5-6 on aoe which is quite a lot after PI/RoP nerfs
Trullthebull

Unread postby Trullthebull Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:20 pm

Received a 905 forbidden grimoire and it's been performing very well for fights with intermittent add spawns (such as spellblade and tichondrius), doing ~9% of my damage on both fights (whereas my chestpaired ruby did 3-7%). Takes a while to get used to the minimum range of 20 yards tho!
czt45

Unread postby czt45 Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:44 pm

I have an 895 Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire and I'm getting good results. On cleave or aoe it's a big chunk of my damage. Tested it on Gul'dan earlier and it was about 9.5% of my damage.
Deith

Unread postby Deith Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Logs from Elisandre, wearing Burning Sky 900
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7q ... &source=28" target="_blank
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7q ... 8&fight=46" target="_blank
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7q ... 8&fight=45" target="_blank
Worth noting our pulls were quite hectic so in a normal fight it would prob be even more damage and Elisandre isn't quite the AOE fight you can hope for, I'm going to test it today a bit more.
Prödigus

Twisting Wind 7.1.5

Unread postby Prödigus Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:24 am

Hello fellow mages,

Super quick question in regard to our new stat weights in 7.1.5 and considering trinkets.
Seeing as intellect has become more favorable this patch, would it be possible to consider "crappy" trinkets in the past, such as Twisting Wind for my specific example here. After running sims, twisting wind seems to be significantly ahead of my other trinkets like baton, oak heart, etc... And this is where I have confusion deciding trinket combos; twisting wind proc still does close to nothing for damage, yet is the flat intellect on it enough to make it superior to high procing trinkets like baton? It doesn't seem right sacrificing a trinket that does 6% dmg on fights to one that does essentially nothing. Any feedback is appreciated!
kesMow

Unread postby kesMow Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:17 pm

AFAIK, "Intel + useless proc" > "Crit + uesfull proc"
Pank

Unread postby Pank Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:51 am

Well I'm still using wriggling 880 and it yields reasonable results. Sims higher than a 865crit stat stick or 880 haste stat stick. I guess guldan or botanist trinket will be next on my reroll priority list since I have the 4p already.
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Well I'm still using wriggling 880 and it yields reasonable results. Sims higher than a 865crit stat stick or 880 haste stat stick. I guess guldan or botanist trinket will be next on my reroll priority list since I have the 4p already.
Then you must be lacking crit like crazy because sinew does not sim higher than 880 haste stat stick, there is no way
Vyshaan

Unread postby Vyshaan Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:42 pm

AFAIK, "Intel + useless proc" > "Crit + uesfull proc"
Don't agree with this at all...Take Star Gate for example..trinket is utter shit. Did botanist..thats multiple targets getting hit by meteor...2℅ of overall dmg...its sad...even after buff..

While trinkets from same raid like botanist one/krosus would do 10℅ish (seen it on multiple bosses).
Pank

Unread postby Pank Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:29 am

Well having 2k more spellpower does yield some better dmg on all abilities, especially from fireball and pyroblast being relatively higher on sp gains from the last patch. And that lasts throughout the entire fight. But it really does feel like utter shit when you see that the trinket did 2% of your overall dmg for specific encounter. Altho I have to say that my stargate is always around 3.5 - 4.5%.

So basicly the botanist trinket is the new aran? Great stuff. I actually passed on it the first week.
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:09 am

Well having 2k more spellpower does yield some better dmg on all abilities, especially from fireball and pyroblast being relatively higher on sp gains from the last patch. And that lasts throughout the entire fight. But it really does feel like utter shit when you see that the trinket did 2% of your overall dmg for specific encounter. Altho I have to say that my stargate is always around 3.5 - 4.5%.

So basicly the botanist trinket is the new aran? Great stuff. I actually passed on it the first week.
It's good but it's not arans. Arans could pull off 10-15% of my dmg prenerf and botanist trinket is around 4-8%. But it's still good =D
Vyshaan

Unread postby Vyshaan Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:02 am

Yea Aran was maybe a bit OP but it was a set...nightbane chest+trinket so it makes sence that its strong. Took me a while o get my combo.. but now they maybe nerfed a bit to much..

Trinkets lately bust my brain-.-
Fonzey

Unread postby Fonzey Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:46 pm

I have an 895 Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire and I'm getting good results. On cleave or aoe it's a big chunk of my damage. Tested it on Gul'dan earlier and it was about 9.5% of my damage.
880 Grimoire here and it's smashing my 860 Ruby in dungeons. The minimum range is odd, and takes some getting used to.

I'll certainly be trying it on the AoE NH fights going forward.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:46 am

Yea Aran was maybe a bit OP but it was a set...nightbane chest+trinket so it makes sence that its strong. Took me a while o get my combo.. but now they maybe nerfed a bit to much..

Trinkets lately bust my brain-.-
Killed Spellblade Heroic 5 times this week for coins and Arans+chest was an incredible disappointment of barely 2-3% of my damage. Before the nerf it could easily hit 20%, but now im sticking with Guldan hc/Writ.

The great thing about Writ is it procs a LOT and can give a little kick to your combustion. Full stacks give about 30% crit which brings your Combustion conversion a bit higher.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Saróx

Unread postby Saróx Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:21 pm

For all those pushing high MM+ there is a new king in town, and its name is forbidden grimoire this trinket is absolutely nuts on AOE. Did a +9 maw last night and finished within 6 min with Grimoire dealing 34% of my total dmg, which is just bat shit crazy. I was then thinking meh +9 is nothing, it might just be becuase we pulled so big, that it shows out so huge, then we went brh +13, and once again the trinket just blew my mind dealing 16% of my total dmg, and my total dmg being 1.2m dps 14% is kinda sick imo.

We always run the same setup which is me as fire, an outlaw rogue, a havoc dh, a prot pala/guardian druid and a Holy pala/Resto druid, and normaly the dmg is somewhat the same, me topping AOE, DH topping ST and rogue just doing overall good on it all. But with this new trinket, and a more haste/mastery oriented build i went from being 500-600k on bosses to suddenly being able to sustain around 800-1m dps on the 2minish boss fights putting me really close to the DH and on AOE, everything just melts, it's absurd to look at when a mob with 20m HP just melt, then gets bolstered but keeps going down in the same phase, it's just nuts, and the trinket contributed really well to that.

I know it's not a 15+ or higher but i still think this trinket is absolutly nuts, and if you dont run with it, you will be missing out on a great deal of dmg, and speed. I did a 15+ wednesday and lets just say the affixes dont really work well with our AOE heavy combo, so we managed to finish with like 7-8 seconds before time went out, i can only imagine running a 15+ with the new build, and the new trinket should be able to improve around 4-5 min overall so just a little shout out to this glorious trinket!
Quorgyle

Unread postby Quorgyle Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:17 pm

Coined a 895 version. Is it any good on single target?

Return to “Fire”