Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
wizeek

Re: Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Unread postby wizeek Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:01 pm

For all those pushing high MM+ there is a new king in town, and its name is forbidden grimoire...
I got a 890 version of this trinket and thought it was bad but after this post I was excited to try it out and here is what I have found out:
  • It launches a slow moving purple orb in the air without any buff/debuff indications on you or a target
  • The orb lands and explodes 4 seconds after being cast
  • It doesn't stick to the target but rather to it's location when the trinket was used
  • The explosion touches everything in the 20 yards range of the impact point
  • Damage decreases the further away the target is
  • It benefits from Rune of Power and Combustion if you have them when the ball explodes
  • It has a minimum range of ~10-15 yards to use
  • The damage is Shadow
I've used it in a few high M+ dungeons (+13..+15) and here are the results:
  • On short pulls (<10s) it deals about the same damage as Living Bomb boosting my DPS to 2m+ which is nice to see
  • Overall it deals about 7.5% of my damage preceded by Pyroblast, Flamestrike, Living Bomb, Ignite and Cinderstorm
  • On the bosses it deals 3-5% of my damage (previous week was tyrannical so the fights were relatively long)
  • The minimum range is annoying since you are often close to the adds for Dragon's Breath and Cinderstorm and you can't freely move because you are on the Rune of Power
  • The AoE range of it is huge which creates a risk to pull unwanted packs (I pulled the 2nd boss in Arcway+14)
  • The fact that it doesn't stick to a target is inconvenient since you have to delay it's use until you are confident the tank won't move the pack anymore. This will be even worse with the Nectoric affix since the tank will kite the adds frequently.
So my first impression was nice but after using it for a bit I decided that it was too much of a hassle and returned to my Urn stat stick.

P.S: I was doing a WQ in Suramar while wearing this trinket and accidentally pulled a large pack of patrol there (1 mistress, 1 large demon and 5-6 regular ones). I used frost nova, blinked out, used trinket, casted living bomb, RoP and Combustion aaaand it’s gone. The pencil pack disappeared before I was able to cast anything else. This was a nice feeling too.
Saróx

Unread postby Saróx Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:08 pm

For all those pushing high MM+ there is a new king in town, and its name is forbidden grimoire...
I got a 890 version of this trinket and thought it was bad but after this post I was excited to try it out and here is what I have found out:
  • It launches a slow moving purple orb in the air without any buff/debuff indications on you or a target
  • The orb lands and explodes 4 seconds after being cast
  • It doesn't stick to the target but rather to it's location when the trinket was used
  • The explosion touches everything in the 20 yards range of the impact point
  • Damage decreases the further away the target is
  • It benefits from Rune of Power and Combustion if you have them when the ball explodes
  • It has a minimum range of ~10-15 yards to use
  • The damage is Shadow
I've used it in a few high M+ dungeons (+13..+15) and here are the results:
  • On short pulls (<10s) it deals about the same damage as Living Bomb boosting my DPS to 2m+ which is nice to see
  • Overall it deals about 7.5% of my damage preceded by Pyroblast, Flamestrike, Living Bomb, Ignite and Cinderstorm
  • On the bosses it deals 3-5% of my damage (previous week was tyrannical so the fights were relatively long)
  • The minimum range is annoying since you are often close to the adds for Dragon's Breath and Cinderstorm and you can't freely move because you are on the Rune of Power
  • The AoE range of it is huge which creates a risk to pull unwanted packs (I pulled the 2nd boss in Arcway+14)
  • The fact that it doesn't stick to a target is inconvenient since you have to delay it's use until you are confident the tank won't move the pack anymore. This will be even worse with the Nectoric affix since the tank will kite the adds frequently.
So my first impression was nice but after using it for a bit I decided that it was too much of a hassle and returned to my Urn stat stick.

P.S: I was doing a WQ in Suramar while wearing this trinket and accidentally pulled a large pack of patrol there (1 mistress, 1 large demon and 5-6 regular ones). I used frost nova, blinked out, used trinket, casted living bomb, RoP and Combustion aaaand it’s gone. The pencil pack disappeared before I was able to cast anything else. This was a nice feeling too.

I speak the truth when i say it's all about getting used to using it, the way i did was learning the sweet spot on CiS at around 20-25 yards, and memorizing that spot exactly, this is where CiS hits with all cinders on very small hitbox adds, and where this trinket works really damn well becuase the orb does not float off into another pack at the risk of pulling it. I always and i mean Always run the same setup in MM+ regarding legendaries, atm that combo is Drackli and Sepuzh, if i had koralon id go with this and drackli 100% of the time, but i dont.

The worst thing you can toss at me is RoP i utterly disgust this talent, since it limits my movement and if there is something i hate in MM+ especially With affixes like skittish, then it's being limited on mobility. For talents i always run 2,1,3,1,1,1,2 leaving myself with max mobility and max AOE, and if it's bolstering like this week on EU i run FP instead of LB to get more even dmg down.

But if you have Drackli, can afford to be stood at the 20-25 yard range, then i'd seriously recommend you to try the trinket and give it a bit of time, the same goes for NH, just sweept NH on H last night, and the trinket is absolutly awesome!
illwil

Unread postby illwil Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:10 pm

speak the truth when i say it's all about getting used to using it, the way i did was learning the sweet spot on CiS at around 20-25 yards, and memorizing that spot exactly, this is where CiS hits with all cinders on very small hitbox adds,
I'm going to have to test this. I had always assume the cinders had small hit frames and at that range something with a small hitbox would only get hit by 1-2 cinders.

lastly, I don't really like RoP either, but you really have good results with incanters flow? I just can't see this competing with RoP at all.
Eggochiggo

Unread postby Eggochiggo Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:01 am

I wonder what the difference in DPS is between a perfect RoP rotation and using incanters flow, if it's within 5% I'd def rock IF all the time. The chances of using RoP perfectly every time throughout these longer NH bosses is almost impossible, something is going to go wrong.
mustreach

Unread postby mustreach Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:17 am

Any idea why the grimoire is simming so poorly? As others have experienced, I've been ogling its huge damage--it's basically the new ruby. I know that previous builds of simcraft were only using it once every 2 min, but that's since been fixed and it's still simming terribly compared to worse trinkets.
Pyrominator

Unread postby Pyrominator Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:39 am

Hello guys/girls, yesterday i've got a 900 heroic warforged with socket Whispered Pact ( from Guldan) . It gives me a lot of int, but the proc didn't seems to be that good. Should i change it with Erratic Metronome when i get it?
Falq

Unread postby Falq Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:58 am

About Whispered Pact, I think this trinket is quite special and some people may use it in not efficient way. It's not kind of trinket which gives you huge boost (especially for us) and should blow all our cds since haste is not increased, only Casting speed and GCD. For example during combustion burn phase most of our spells are crit instants anyways so 40% lower GCD is not that great.

Trinket is great if you have bracers (like I do), because you can use it very nicely. When it procs, you basically just RoP (if you have spare) and spam cast Fireballs (with some Pyros FB in between), hopefully during end of the trinket you should get your legendary bracers proc, in this case you start casting it last second of trinket, so it snapshots your haste and you keep casting bracer pyro during like 1/2 of downtime completely ignoring it. Having (2) and (4) set bonus also helps because you get extra HS procs while casting those FBs and huge chance to get additional haste for (2) set bonus.

Basically you should try to fit in as many Pyros as possible without wasting FB/HS procs. Also I'd switch this trinket for Burning Sky for AoE unless you intend to spam cast Flamestrikes :)
Makz

Unread postby Makz Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:13 pm

Hello guys/girls, yesterday i've got a 900 heroic warforged with socket Whispered Pact ( from Guldan) . It gives me a lot of int, but the proc didn't seems to be that good. Should i change it with Erratic Metronome when i get it?
The guldan trinket is one of the strongest because it gives you casting SPEED not haste. If you have 4pc tier19 or Arc/CoS set and get a proc while having it it can offset a bit the downside, but it does proc a lot. If you have bracers, line up the proc with the guldan proc or try to dump instants on red debuff with AF/Helm for example.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
wizeek

Unread postby wizeek Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:17 pm

Any idea why the grimoire is simming so poorly?
Because it is poor.
it's basically the new ruby
It isn't. It can only do a large % of your damage on very short fights or if you are not doing much besides using it.
Syana

Unread postby Syana Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:29 pm

The guldan trinket is one of the strongest because it gives you casting SPEED not haste. If you have 4pc tier19 or Arc/CoS set and get a proc while having it it can offset a bit the downside, but it does proc a lot. If you have bracers, line up the proc with the guldan proc or try to dump instants on red debuff with AF/Helm for example.
I think it would have been better if it was haste, as it currently is it affects GCD but you do not get the benefit of having it lower the CD on Fire blasts. And using instants during the slow phase feels awful as a result.
Falq

Unread postby Falq Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Agreed, also does not have impact on aoe because casting speed does not reduce cd on LB or FP ticks
Pyrominator

Unread postby Pyrominator Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks for the answers, well currently i have Arcano , Urn and Whispered...trying to get the trinket with crit from Helya, but that bitch hates me.When i get the Metronome i will definitely change the Whispered...i use it on every boss from raid...and i'm not satisfied with it. Maybe with the wrist legendary would be better as you said, but i have Helm and Belt.
philthy

Unread postby philthy Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Any idea why the grimoire is simming so poorly? As others have experienced, I've been ogling its huge damage--it's basically the new ruby. I know that previous builds of simcraft were only using it once every 2 min, but that's since been fixed and it's still simming terribly compared to worse trinkets.
This trinket either sims 0 damage or super low damage but in practice in night hold if used optimally it blows fury of the burn sky out of the water. On mythic scorp this trinket did almost double the dps of fury and on heroic guldan it was 10% of my damage compared to 6% on fury.
incaendius

Unread postby incaendius Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Because sims uses it every time it is on cooldown, instead of lining it up for adds.

Return to “Fire”