Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Sosaria

Re: Fire Trinket Discussion Megathread

Unread postby Sosaria Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:57 am

Manacracker is not useful for trash, as you hardly get enough time to get it to proc off a mob before it dies.

Arcanocrystal is highly rated, and apparently the Plaguehive procs a lot but depends whether haste value it gives you is beneficial enough or not.

Twisting wind is confirmed to be crap, as they nerfed the proc rate (or something).

If you have low crit rating I'd go for the Hellfire and Arcano.

Not a lot of people using Arcano on the warcraftlogs parses so maybe it's Plaguehive and Hellfire... need to do some dummy testing!
Alodi

Unread postby Alodi Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:43 am

Not a lot of people using Arcano on the warcraftlogs parses so maybe it's Plaguehive and Hellfire... need to do some dummy testing!
Not many people have that trinket tho...
xirrohon

Unread postby xirrohon Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:56 pm

I have Arcano and a Mythic Plaguehive. I would say that Arcano and M Plaguehive are relatively equal. Plaguehive damage seems to be god awful, the times that I used it, it was 1-2% of my total DPS. I think Blizz just up and went and nerfed all of the EN trinkets.
Magition

Unread postby Magition Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:30 pm

Crit is just so valuable I will never consider running without the shock baton, I've been using my static int+crit world quest trinket and had much better results vs Oakhearts.

Had no luck at all on the arcano crystal, and no luck getting a sinew yet.
Vofka

Unread postby Vofka Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:32 pm

Got 880 Horn of valor from weekly mythic chest and it sims very poorly against my 835 shock baton losing around ~1.5k dps. Is this trinket so bad or it's just simcraft can't use it correctly delaying it for combust?
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:48 pm

it's just that shock baton is so good...as others said equip shock baton as a default and then sim to find your second trinket :lol:
Vofka

Unread postby Vofka Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:56 pm

it's just that shock baton is so good...as others said equip shock baton as a default and then sim to find your second trinket :lol:
My second trinket is 845 tongue which is better than 835 shock baton for around ~650 dps
xirrohon

Unread postby xirrohon Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:53 pm

835 DSB sims about equal with your 845 Tongue and 880 Horn. You could use any of the 3 and wouldnt notice a difference.
Sanalove

Unread postby Sanalove Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:44 pm

I just got a normal Sinew last night. Wonder which trinkets I should use

I have

880 Plaguehive
850 Sinew
835 Baton

I'm assuming Sinew and Baton? Also where I can learn proper use of Sinew? (talents, when to use, etc.)
Deckzor

Unread postby Deckzor Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:52 pm

I saw almost all trinkets in action and i find it hard to compare them but i would go with your Baton and Plague.
I got 890 Plague few days ago and it totally crushed on Elerethe with 6.11% dmg.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/L6 ... e&source=1" target="_blank

And don´t think the crit on the trinket make up for 2-4% dmg.
Breshnak

Unread postby Breshnak Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:39 pm

I have Arcano and a Mythic Plaguehive. I would say that Arcano and M Plaguehive are relatively equal. Plaguehive damage seems to be god awful, the times that I used it, it was 1-2% of my total DPS. I think Blizz just up and went and nerfed all of the EN trinkets.
My plaguehive (865) is consistently doing 5.5% of my damage or more, just 3% against Il'gynoth. Several percentage units higher than shock leash in all but Il'gynoth (just 830 on shock-baton though).

However, my item level was just 847 and I don't know how well it scales.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BK ... &source=19" target="_blank

Against Nythendra, wrong talents though.
Cablok

Unread postby Cablok Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:26 pm

I've got an 870 gnarled root w/ socket and a 865 plaguehive with socket, gnarled root is the choice here right? My other trinket is an 875 sinew so I cant use both of the former
Mo0mba

Unread postby Mo0mba Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:47 pm

I'm seriously struggling with my Trinket choices.

The current two I'm using are

865 (Warforged) Unstable Arcanoscrystal
850 Infernal Writ

As they have the highest simmed DPS (or joint) on askmrrobot (Although I'm unsure of how credible the sim is?)

I'm also concerned as there is little to no mention of infernal writ from peoples choices here.

My other trinkets are

850 Eye of Skovald
835 Devilsaur Shock-Baton
840 (/w socket) Moonlit Prism
840 Horn of Valor
830 (/w socket) Bloom of New Growth

Any input? Especially regarding my current Trinket choices.
Snowflake

Unread postby Snowflake Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:07 am

I'm slightly confused by all the discussion on Sinew. Are people not using it correctly or is my rotation that off?

Here is a log link of my damage sources on my most recent mythic nythendra kill. This trinket seems amazing compared to the rest if u use it right. I even screwed up on one of the hits (you can see there is a non crit).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ag ... &source=13" target="_blank

Over 8 mil damage and over 7% of my damage done. No other trinket i have currently compares to it. (for reference the Sinew is 870 heroic warforged with speed, the Baton is 830 socketed)

My only question is what to pair Sinew with.
I have:

baton - 830 socket
baton - 835
plaguehive - 865
bough of corruption - 875 warforged
eye of skovold - 860 warforged
caged horror - 845 titanforged
starlight - 840

ATM I use for
AOE (Mythic+'s) - caged horror and Eye of skovold
ST (Raid) - Sinew and either the 830 baton or the plaguehive (keep bouncing back and forth, cant figure out which is better)
mixed (ilgonoth/cenarius type fights) - Sinew and the 830 baton (i feel like the dot from plaguehive can get wasted on these fights but i still wanna focus on ST damage overall)

thoughts? also are these AOE trinkets im using correct?

Edit: I should add that I have simmed these trinkets on my character in different combinations. My issue is its hard to realistically sim trinkets for aoe pulls in mythics. Also, my results on shock baton and plaguehive vary from time to time in actual use (like checking after different pulls and attempts). So im never quite sure.
Purplefrost

Unread postby Purplefrost Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:16 pm

I checked out my parse on heroic Ilgynoth running 855 Sinew and 855 Oakheart's with Kindling and Conflagration. I used the Sinew on Cd 3 times throughout the fight resulting in one combusted proc which was the opener. The other two procs were snapshotted with RoP and praying to the crit rng gods for the 5 stack of PI. Total damage of each trinket was 5.6mil for the Sinew and 4.8mil for the Oakhearts. With that being said, I personally feel as if it needs to be used on CD and lined up with some PF and FB crits and a RoP. You're losing too much DPS downtime by not using the trinket waiting for your 3rd combustion to roll around. I would say the only time you save the second use of the Sinew for your 3rd combust is when you need the outright massive burst from that snapshot, otherwise it is better to use on CD. Once I get at least an 850 Spiked Tongue or Baton I will be able to add more testing. I'm planning on testing out saving the use on heroic Ursoc, but from what I can remember these boss fights are so short that you only have time to use the trinket three times before the fight is over. If you save it to snapshot on 3rd Combustion then you're only using it two times per fight and losing a third proc which is a chunk of DPS and total damage.

EDIT: After doing numerous pulls on raiding dummies I have confirmed it is better to use Sinew on cd and snapshot the proc with an RoP after you've already applied 4-5 stacks. Maybe I got lucky every single pull to get the rng on the proc, but mine crit every single time without combustion. also the 3rd trinket use lines up within 30 seconds or less of your 4th combustion so it's better on that one to wait to use the trinket until you're ready to combust.

EDIT 2: After trying both prioritizations in Heroic EN I can confirm the best way I have found is to use it on CD unless combustion has <30sec CD. Here is my heroic Ursoc parse where im 97th percentile for my iLvl in case you would like to study the numbers or what not. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tg ... e&source=3" target="_blank

ONE MORE THING: I would be running CiS if I could find a consistent way to hit 6 cinders, but since I haven't then I am running Kindling for ease of use
Last edited by Purplefrost on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rydis

Unread postby Rydis Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Crit is just so valuable I will never consider running without the shock baton, I've been using my static int+crit world quest trinket and had much better results vs Oakhearts.

Had no luck at all on the arcano crystal, and no luck getting a sinew yet.
this is mostly an item level thing though.

My 850 oakheart does way more than my 830 shock baton because the damage difference is quite huge. Oakheart is consistently ~7% damage while shock baton is ~4.

However an 830 shock baton is still better than a 870 infernal writ..which is really sad.
schmeebs

Unread postby schmeebs Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:25 pm

The trinket theorycrafting and simming and trying to figure out what actually works is giving me an aneurysm.

I was just testing the Bough of Corruption 870 ilvl on Heroic Nyth and it was 8% of my damage, much more than the 3-5% the shock Baton gets on a good pull.
LaplaceNoMa

Unread postby LaplaceNoMa Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:00 pm

I checked out my parse on heroic Ilgynoth running 855 Sinew and 855 Oakheart's with Kindling and Conflagration. I used the Sinew on Cd 3 times throughout the fight resulting in one combusted proc which was the opener. The other two procs were snapshotted with RoP and praying to the crit rng gods for the 5 stack of PI. Total damage of each trinket was 5.6mil for the Sinew and 4.8mil for the Oakhearts. With that being said, I personally feel as if it needs to be used on CD and lined up with some PF and FB crits and a RoP. You're losing too much DPS downtime by not using the trinket waiting for your 3rd combustion to roll around. I would say the only time you save the second use of the Sinew for your 3rd combust is when you need the outright massive burst from that snapshot, otherwise it is better to use on CD. Once I get at least an 850 Spiked Tongue or Baton I will be able to add more testing. I'm planning on testing out saving the use on heroic Ursoc, but from what I can remember these boss fights are so short that you only have time to use the trinket three times before the fight is over. If you save it to snapshot on 3rd Combustion then you're only using it two times per fight and losing a third proc which is a chunk of DPS and total damage.

EDIT: After doing numerous pulls on raiding dummies I have confirmed it is better to use Sinew on cd and snapshot the proc with an RoP after you've already applied 4-5 stacks. Maybe I got lucky every single pull to get the rng on the proc, but mine crit every single time without combustion. also the 3rd trinket use lines up within 30 seconds or less of your 4th combustion so it's better on that one to wait to use the trinket until you're ready to combust.
Thanks for this.

Actually, I wanted to request people who aren't clumsy with quick different simcraft tests to help with this. This trinket needs to be figured out; right now it seems that going CS on most fights is not beneficial; so the question regarding Wriggling Sinew is more important than ever.
Bottles

Unread postby Bottles Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:45 am

Has anyone looked at the timewalking trinket "Shiffar's Nexus-Horn"?

At 835 warforged, it has 827 crit rating and and a 7660 spellpower proc that has a little bit under 20% up-time on most bosses.
Helloworld

Unread postby Helloworld Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:40 am

I have a 855 spiked tongue vs an 840 baton, was wondering which one is better? My crit with spiked is 58% and 60% with baton. Im pairing this with a 855 sinew with socket.

Also for the spiked tongue I'm guessing if we have to be close to the boss then baton will be much better?

Thanks.

Return to “Fire”