Refreshing LB, to do or not to do?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Freshpepper

Refreshing LB, to do or not to do?

Unread postby Freshpepper Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:22 pm

So let me give you a situation:

You have a Heating Up proc and a Pyroblast proc. Your bomb has 2.2 seconds left, so it's too early to refresh it. You cast your fireball and your Pyro proc at the end of the cast, so the GCD of the Pyro plus the fireball cast time has made it so your bomb has fallen off (Although not the pyromaniac debuff). Would that have been the correct thing to do in that situation, assuming the fight is single target, or would it have been better to refresh it before you started your fireball cast and just lose the explosion of the bomb? What about in a multi-target situation?
Komma
Administrator

Re: Refreshing LB, to do or not to do?

Unread postby Komma Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:31 pm

My experience from working with the SimC APL and spending time on my alt fire mage, is that firing off fireball+pyro may cost you a few % of LB uptime, but is a much better idea. The chance to generate a new Pyro proc, along with letting LB's explosion go off, is worth much more than than the <0.5s you gain on LB uptime. At high levels of gear with significant haste (and 2T16), the amount of time you let LB fall off becomes shorter and shorter as well.

For multitarget...I don't know. Spreading ignites and pyro dots seem really important but I don't know if anyone has done serious analysis on it.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Freshpepper

Re: Refreshing LB, to do or not to do?

Unread postby Freshpepper Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:43 am

Alright, definitely good to know. Thanks!

Return to “Fire”