Fire Mage BiS List

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
WolfLarsen

Fire Mage BiS List

Unread postby WolfLarsen Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:24 am

Hey all, I really like this forum so far as it has the most recently updated info for fire mages.
That said I haven't been able to find a BiS List for 588. Any Ideas what gear we should be going for now that mastery > haste @10695? Also should we drop 4pc for 2pc and hwf and if so I'd think we would keep chest and legs is that right?
Komma
Administrator

Re: Fire Mage BiS List

Unread postby Komma Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:15 am

I'm not aware of anyone who has made a "definite BiS list". I question whether that even exists, because it depends on fight length (more haste for long fights, full on master for short or cleave fights). If you'd like to participate in building one, you can check out Dutchmagoz's list at http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=221" target="_blank
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:02 pm

As komma said, there's no BiS list. It depends on fight length.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Abraxis

Unread postby Abraxis Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi,

for offhand:

I know that the Garrosh OH ist rated over the Juggernaut OH. But basically you're trading ~1000 crit vs mastery.

Doesn't this higher RNG, especially if you switch armors for the first combustion do you think its worth the risk?
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Only if you're 19k+ crit with garrosh OH IMO. Else I'd stick to juggernaut OH.
Owner of Altered Time.

Boomop

Unread postby Boomop Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:56 am

Vykina has a BIS Fire list.

Basically, BIS is just stuff with Crit on it and then pieces of gear with secondaries that are more evenly split. Blizz has a penalty to gear that favors secondaries of one stat over the other. Basically, BIS (coupled with Reforging) are exploiting this penalty.

H Garrosh's OH has more secondary stat than Jugg's. Sha's Staff has more 2ndary than Siegecrafter's. Spoils Wand has more than Paragon's Dagger which has more than Nazgrim's Sword.

In all honesty, as long as you're Crit stacking the differences are very small. And largely depend on your preferred playstyle. Our other Fire Mage goes Haste a lot harder than I do. He has quite a few more Pyros than I do in a given fight. But I have higher AVG Ignite dmg. At ~about 17.5k Crit and 11K Haste, you start to see the value of Haste and Mastery become equal. For this reason--there really is no "true" BIS. There's quite a bit of flexibility in pieces like helm/chest/boots/bracers/neck. (Maybe even shoulders too. Haven't really looked at the Mastery/Crit shoulders).

Also keep in mind, it's going to change come 6.0 when the Hit on your gear becomes a different stat and Reforging goes away. In particular, this will have the biggest impact on Necks and Rings imo.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:08 am

His BiS list is assuming 2pc is Bis, which we quite strongly disagree with here, so it makes it quite an invalid list. HC garrosh off-hand is a given. Sha's staff is not BiS. Either way, we've concluded a BiS list is practically impossible to make since it's completely reliant on kill length.

There's 2 main builds: Immi helm as offpiece, or thok chest as offpiece. Rest is pretty cookiecutter, there's some extremely minor differences in rings, but it doesn't really matter.
Owner of Altered Time.

Boomop

Unread postby Boomop Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:50 am

Sha's staff is not BiS.
No one said it was.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:44 pm

Sha's staff is not BiS.
No one said it was.
Misunderstood you then, sorry!
Owner of Altered Time.

Return to “Fire”