[PTR] 7.1 Pyroblast Nerf

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Saf

Re: [PTR] 7.1 Pyroblast Nerf

Unread postby Saf Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:28 am

Of course people without the best legendary want it nerfed instead, it's natural. They should just leave it alone for now imo. It is the only decent/exciting one after all. Welcome to rng legendaries, yes, they suck. And no, fire does not need nerfs, other specs/classes need buffs.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:35 am

leave it alone [..] Welcome to rng legendaries, yes, they suck.
If you say it sucks why do you say leave it alone?
Saf

Unread postby Saf Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:47 pm

The way you obtain them sucks, not the item itself.
Zherrow

Unread postby Zherrow Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:29 pm

Not sure why everyone is yelling for the bracers to be nerfed, yeah they have the possibility to hit pretty hard, but that is only at best case, with ROP and a crit and 5 stacks of PI.

With 34k int right now with everything perfect it can possibly hit for 2.5 million, but out of a 5-6 min fight that's only a few times, when it does not crit and I don't have ROP it hits for a shitty 550k.

There are a lot of classes that have abilities that hit for more than 1 million a lot more often and that is just their main attacks from their own stats, not from a legendary.

I don't think they need to nerf the legendary, plus a 5% nerf won't make much of a difference.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Ummm, it's pretty obvious the pyro nerf was because we are getting stronger gear in NH and the scaleing is getting our crit a little too high.
So instead of needing crit which would make the spec less fun they nerf the results from crit.
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:26 pm

My biggest issue with the nerf is that it's aimed at the bracers being way too strong.

IMO they should nerf the bracers, not the entire spec itself. Right now fire is definitely not the best class, even with the overpowered bracers. Nerf bracers, keep baseline fire the same.
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Saf

Unread postby Saf Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:49 pm

Seems a bit silly to only nerf the people that have them at the minute though, they should not be nerfing anything in mage right now. We have good burst but we are not the best all-round spec by any means. We should have a good spec, we are a damage class after all :P
Mage

Unread postby Mage Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:10 pm

Ummm, it's pretty obvious the pyro nerf was because we are getting stronger gear in NH and the scaleing is getting our crit a little too high.
So instead of needing crit which would make the spec less fun they nerf the results from crit.
How exactly is it "obvious"? NH gear is missing TONS of crit.
And how does nerfing fire now relates to NH gear that will be available 4 months from now? You are not making any sense.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:12 am

it's aimed at the bracers being way too strong.
How is that derived?
Xenost

Unread postby Xenost Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:56 am

Maybe blizzard took warcraft log EN overall rating and thought that SP and Fire mage are way above the others, when in fact it's only because of the Xavius fight.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:45 am

How exactly is it "obvious"? NH gear is missing TONS of crit.
And how does nerfing fire now relates to NH gear that will be available 4 months from now? You are not making any sense.
I'm not making any sense yet you some how decided that a nerf to that effects all fire mages is a nerf to the bracers?, do you honestly think blizzard are nerfing the bracers like that?, they are not scared of the players, if they wanted to nerf the bracers they would just nerf them.

They know less then 10% of mages have that particular legendary.
They could have just as easily given pyro a 0.5 increased cast time and it would have had the same effect.
Rylai

Unread postby Rylai Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:15 am

No it's not obvious at all.. NH is still a few months out.. In a time where balancing changes can be made over night and without a client update it's not necessary to balance classes way ahead of time..
Gonzip

Unread postby Gonzip Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:36 pm

No it's not obvious at all.. NH is still a few months out.. In a time where balancing changes can be made over night and without a client update it's not necessary to balance classes way ahead of time..
Exactly that, they nerf because of future scaling, yet they roll out the nerf now instead of in the future when the nighthold scaling happens, nonsense.
Pimpin_hooters

Unread postby Pimpin_hooters Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Any thoughts on what sort of total nerf% we are looking at overall here from the changes?
~3%

Mr. Magoz,

What is your general opinion about the nerf? I personally think it was unprofessional. I think they should have slightly nerfed the bracers and that's really it. Not sure how our blizzard mage rep let this one get by. Do we have any contact with him, assuming he even exists?

Although the nerf isn't devastating, I just feel it was unwarranted and slightly overkill. There should have been plenty in line in front of us that remained untouchable in this patch.
Notdev

Unread postby Notdev Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:10 pm

DPS rankings from the past day:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics ... 0&sample=1" target="_blank

Implies fire is fine, but if you look closer, they (we) are middle of the pack on nythendra, ilgynoth, and cenarius, decent on elerethe and ursoc, and good on Xavius pretty much only because of the aoe pad at the end.

I think a buff to our single target and slight nerf to our ignite spread would put us back in a good place
Pimpin_hooters

Unread postby Pimpin_hooters Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:25 pm

DPS rankings from the past day:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics ... 0&sample=1" target="_blank

Implies fire is fine, but if you look closer, they (we) are middle of the pack on nythendra, ilgynoth, and cenarius, decent on elerethe and ursoc, and good on Xavius pretty much only because of the aoe pad at the end.

I think a buff to our single target and slight nerf to our ignite spread would put us back in a good place

I agree. I personally don't believe that these changes were in line with the integrity of the game so far. I have been very pleased and impressed with the game, but these last string of changes, including the pointless ones they made (dungeon changes- no cloak, nerfed most tricks, etc), don't seem in line with the rest of the team.

It's like someone lackluster got to make a decision. Need to tighten the reigns a bit on whoever approved these changes. Looked very sloppy.
Mage

Unread postby Mage Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:28 pm

Nerf made absolutely no sense at all.
Xenost

Unread postby Xenost Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:23 am

I think this nerf was made because of the community, since there is a lot of fire mages, there are a lot of empirical evidences of mage being ahead of logs. The comunity felt that mages were overpowered because of that, which was wrong if we look at real data.

You could read on a lot of forums (reddit, MMo-C ...) that the community really wanted fire mages to be nerf, polls were made and mage was considered the best overall class.

That may explain why the nerf was small, it was just so the community felt heard and would give a break to fire mages.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:56 am

The nerf was not small. This is because the spec was not overpowered. It was "ok" on single target and now it is one of the mediocre ones.

Because of the Flamestriking buffs they actively force on us the "AOE spec" label again which is very boring to a pure class.

I'm sorry to say that this expansion is very hostile to pure classes because the legendaries soft-gate us into one spec.
Rylai

Unread postby Rylai Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:44 pm

The nerf was not small. This is because the spec was not overpowered. It was "ok" on single target and now it is one of the mediocre ones.

Because of the Flamestriking buffs they actively force on us the "AOE spec" label again which is very boring to a pure class.

I'm sorry to say that this expansion is very hostile to pure classes because the legendaries soft-gate us into one spec.
Yeah sadly.. Before 7.1 I could compete with the other top DDs in my raid about top 3-4. I was never on the top in single target, but I could compete and it was fun to give my best and get rewarded for it. After 7.1 I'm can forget it, especially because most other classes got buffs or at least no nerfs..
And as you said, It's infeasible to switch speccs for each boss and running with a pure "ST" and pure "AoE" spec because of those goddamn legendaries that play an insane factor..

Return to “Fire”