Koralon's Burning Touch - Tips, Tricks, etc?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Tyken

Koralon's Burning Touch - Tips, Tricks, etc?

Unread postby Tyken Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:32 am

Hey guys! I was recently lucky enough to get my first legendary! Though I have no idea what to do with it, so to speak. I have the basics of a fire mage down (More or less) but I feel like this legendary might change my talents/rotation a bit.

Anyway! I was wondering how much my talents should change now because of it (If at all) and any other tips or tricks to take full advantage of my new legendary.
Falq

Re: Koralon's Burning Touch - Tips, Tricks, etc?

Unread postby Falq Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Would be great if you could dedicated few mins just to read front page topics name, to ensure your question is not answered yet. For example here
Tyken

Unread postby Tyken Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:19 pm

I saw that and looked it over but it didn't look like it had many definitive answers so I was hoping someone could either mention something that hasn't been mentioned there yet or direct me to better source to look over. Should of made that a bit more clear, sorry.
Pimpin_hooters

Unread postby Pimpin_hooters Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:22 pm

Hate to burst your bubble, but this legendary is a dps loss unless you cannot cast fireball due to movement issues below 25%. And I can't really think of any situation in the current content that has that heavy of movement.

On a positive note, if you ever do need to scorch when target is below 25%, it will hit for more. It also has decent stats for fire, so you got that going for you.

I can't help being a bit salty though, since I've received the shoes, chest, belt, all relatively useless legendaries compared to the dps increase ones, and I have 4.2M AP with over 1000 mythic + dungeons finished in time on wowprogress, and also have been 7/7M for 2 weeks now. I have also cleared every world quest cache, every world boss, and raids on finder, heroic, normal since their release on day1.

Looking around at nearly all the other mages who have at least 1 good legendary, it's hard not to be salted.

Back on topic though, the belt still has good stats and can provide utility in some dire cases, so don't feel bad about it.
Tyken

Unread postby Tyken Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Oh...That answers my question a bit better, thought I'm sad to hear all that. Was my first ever legendary, only to find out its useless. Still better than getting the ring or the neck, I suppose.
hellfreeze

Unread postby hellfreeze Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Hate to burst your bubble, but this legendary is a dps loss unless you cannot cast fireball due to movement issues below 25%. And I can't really think of any situation in the current content that has that heavy of movement.
It has been a while since I've looked at this item, but it is definitely not a dps loss:

The above graph takes into account pyros generated from scorch/fireball spam. It is clearly much higher dps during execute, pretty sure sims back this up as well.

(the X-axis is Crit rating)
Woke

Unread postby Woke Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:08 pm

Sims will confirm, but the belt is a dps increase. It is actually the third best legendary on pure single target as well. Ignore what the other guy said about it being a dps loss. If anything, it adjusts your stat weights to favor Crit slightly more as well!
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:48 am

so... i got that one, simmed it, 2k dps increase overall.. which is miniscule - might be diminished by the fact, that i also have the bracers and that they diminish the scorch/fb-casts at any given time by roughly 1/3 - and something else: i despise playing with sorch, the not-present traveltime just does feel horrible - i use it if i have to move, thats it - it's a nice statstick but nothing else imho

Return to “Fire”