Help me figure something out (Please !)

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
macnjus

Help me figure something out (Please !)

Unread postby macnjus Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:26 pm

I just ran a Mythic 5 Darkheart Thicket with a much better geared mage, who has been playing since the start of this expansion, whereas I just started a month or so ago.

Anyway, the last fight, Xavius, lasted 71 seconds, and in that time he casted 26 pyroblasts, of which 22 crit, while I was only able to cast 14 PB's of which 12 crit. In examining the crits, he had 43 TOTAL CRITS, and assuming that he pre-cast a PB on the boss pull, he should only have been able to do a max of 22 PB's, assuming that he didn't hard cast any of them, and also assuming that he didn't waste a single heating up proc.

I looked at my stats and I was only able to cast 15 PB's, while I had a total 32 crits, so it looks like I may have wasted 2 heating up procs.

The other mage had 2 legendaries, the belt and the chest, so the bracers didn't come into play here.

Does anybody have any idea how he was able to cast the 4 extra PB's ?
Falq

Re: Help me figure something out (Please !)

Unread postby Falq Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:30 pm

I just ran a Mythic 5 Darkheart Thicket with a much better geared mage, who has been playing since the start of this expansion, whereas I just started a month or so ago.

Anyway, the last fight, Xavius, lasted 71 seconds, and in that time he casted 26 pyroblasts, of which 22 crit, while I was only able to cast 14 PB's of which 12 crit. In examining the crits, he had 43 TOTAL CRITS, and assuming that he pre-cast a PB on the boss pull, he should only have been able to do a max of 22 PB's, assuming that he didn't hard cast any of them, and also assuming that he didn't waste a single heating up proc.

I looked at my stats and I was only able to cast 15 PB's, while I had a total 32 crits, so it looks like I may have wasted 2 heating up procs.

The other mage had 2 legendaries, the belt and the chest, so the bracers didn't come into play here.

Does anybody have any idea how he was able to cast the 4 extra PB's ?
You provide way not enough info for answe. You should compare HS procs during fight. With enough luck he could be casting Scorches and get more HS procs and more pyro as result. Also he could have Pyromaniac talent for extra HS procs and extra Pyros, can't really answer you without logs
macnjus

Unread postby macnjus Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Does scorch provide extra HS Procs ? His first tier talent was conflag, and he also didn't have controlled burn talented, he used Flame On. So, my impression was that the only source of HS would be procs from crits. I wish I had the logs, but all I had was a Skada report, from which I counted the crits.
Falq

Unread postby Falq Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Well Scorch have lower cast time, but also lower effective crit chance (due to never crit protection on FB) but if he was lucky and critted on many scorches, it worked out for him since fight wasn't very long
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:34 pm

This is from Guarm (about as patchwork of an opener as I can find). https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Dz ... nd=9439482" target="_blank

In 71 seconds I had 22 Pyros, with Fireball only critting 50% of the time (terrible RNG) 26 isn't that crazy with amazing RNG, especially if he's Scorching sub 25% and got lucky crits. This was with Conflag spec'd.
Falq

Unread postby Falq Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:42 pm

I think I understand what you mean, fight lenght does not matter. but how come he got more Pyro casts than crits overall.

Well sometimes I spam pyro so hard i start hardcasting it, and usually cba to interrupt it so it could be case aswell :)

If it was DHT +5 with mage playing since launch he prob just facerolled over his keyboard after opening aswell
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:26 am

Scorch and Phoenix Flames also give you HU procs ,did you count them?

Return to “Fire”