A simple list of items you might want from Nighthold

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Zyrachiel

A simple list of items you might want from Nighthold

Unread postby Zyrachiel Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Hello,

I'm required to have a list for Nighthold by my guild, and I thought I might as well share it.
Note that I've not done any simming, I made this list by going through what's available and sorting it out based on the simulations in the sticky threads.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

If you find some glaring mistakes I'll be happy to educate myself and correct them.

Hope it helps someone, enjoy!
Last edited by Zyrachiel on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jahrastafari

Re: A simple Nighthold Fire BiS list

Unread postby jahrastafari Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Note that I've not done any simming
Then you don't have a BiS list, you have a list of random gear that may or may not be best for you. What's best changes based up on your current gear, your current talents and what legendaries you have equipped. There isn't some spreadsheet that's right for everybody and those generic scale factors aren't going to be close to right for the majority of people.
Zyrachiel

Unread postby Zyrachiel Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Then you don't have a BiS list, you have a list of random gear that may or may not be best for you. What's best changes based up on your current gear, your current talents and what legendaries you have equipped. There isn't some spreadsheet that's right for everybody and those generic scale factors aren't going to be close to right for the majority of people.
I feel like you missed the point of the list, but I have renamed it all regardless not to trigger anyone any further.
jahrastafari

Unread postby jahrastafari Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:06 pm

I feel like you missed the point of the list, but I have renamed it all regardless not to trigger anyone any further.
Alternatively you can just go to wowhead, get the complete list of drops, and filter their list however you like.
Andrestes

Re: A simple list of items you might want from Nighthold

Unread postby Andrestes Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:55 am

thanks for the list. much appreciated.
Wynd

Unread postby Wynd Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:05 pm

No good deed goes unpunished when jahra the cuck is around lol.
Falq

Unread postby Falq Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:44 am

Thanks a lot for the list! I'll try to check it from my point of view when I get home and maybe share some advices!

Other than that I don't agree with simming point of view, you can easily come up with BiS list (or close to it) without simming it because of 2 simply rules:

1. We want crit
2. We don't have more than 2-3 options per piece, when usually 1 of them got crit on it...

On the other hand some people here may actually understand how sims work and can evaluate outcome before simming. Simming only to confirm their expectations, which can end up 3 ways:

1. Finding Simulationcraft bug
2. Getting what you expected
3. Getting another outcome due to not taking enough factors to your own calculations

no1 and 2 promote your own calucations rather than simming, and no3 can be overcome but sharing your thoughts for example, in forum topic, and that's exactly what's being done here.

So yeah, thanks a lot for work! :)
Makz

Unread postby Makz Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:10 am

With Ice floes gone, I have found the 2pc from Arcway/COS to be quite nice(it has a very high ppm) and with excellent stats, assuming you can get it to roll to Nighthold item level.

If you go 2pc Arcway/COS set, then cloak, chest, gloves, legs, you can still swap out, and eventually your mandatory legendary will be the trinket and you will swap the 2nd legendary based on encounter, so you will always need a backup for shoulder(if you are breaking Arc/CoS set)/bracer/ring/belt.

Also even tho it is only 865, a Decimator JC neck has incredible amount of crit, perhaps still relevant´?
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Also even tho it is only 865, a Decimator JC neck has incredible amount of crit, perhaps still relevant´?
depending on what gear levels, stat distribution and legendaries you use crit very well not be your best stat anymore - and if so not by a big margin so decimator vs. non-decimator will be a negligible difference, especially if you have access to 880+ necks that have a decent stats ...or tbh any stats (in my case? rocking a minor crit, major haste with socket 885 neck lol :D), when i compare mine with the ones i have available it comes short by a significant margin (7-10k dps)
deedj

Unread postby deedj Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:59 pm

I disagree with your choice of 4pc. Taking chest (mastery/versatility) instead of shoulders (haste/versatility) allows us to get more crit with Chronomatic anomaly's shoulders (crit/mastery) + mastery isn't a terrible stat for cleave fights. Thoughts ?
Falq

Unread postby Falq Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Also wondering why you think Krosus neck is bad choice? He have a lot of crit/mastery there (which are 2 of our most wanted stats due to crit being #1 everywhere and mastery skyrockets on cleave fight). As long as you decide that m+ option is better you should take into count around 880 ilvl of item MAX since you won't be able to reliable farm something with similar ilvl.
Zyrachiel

Unread postby Zyrachiel Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:24 am

I disagree with your choice of 4pc. Taking chest (mastery/versatility) instead of shoulders (haste/versatility) allows us to get more crit with Chronomatic anomaly's shoulders (crit/mastery) + mastery isn't a terrible stat for cleave fights. Thoughts ?
Taking only Nighthold into account (which was sort of the theme of the list), the choice was between:
2020 haste, 507 mastery, 387 vers - tier shoulders, offpiece chest
832 crit, 1465 mastery, 625 vers - tier chest, offpiece shoulders
Because the rest of the list is fairly light on haste, and because haste is valued so highly now, I leaned towards the haste chestpiece. That said, this is a perfect example of the limited usefulness of this list, because in reality you will ideally want to run the 2pc Arcway/CoS set alongside your tier 4pc, which would require you to wear the tier chest.
EDIT: Part of my original logic was also that shoulders with suboptimal stats are less impactful than a chestpiece, since chestpiece is a higher stat budget.
Also wondering why you think Krosus neck is bad choice? He have a lot of crit/mastery there (which are 2 of our most wanted stats due to crit being #1 everywhere and mastery skyrockets on cleave fight). As long as you decide that m+ option is better you should take into count around 880 ilvl of item MAX since you won't be able to reliable farm something with similar ilvl.
My problem with the Krosus neck is the ratio of crit:mastery, which is roughly 6:5. While mastery is an amazing stat that I want to have a good ammount of, crit is still the main focus, and jewelry pieces are a major source of that. To illustrate why I take issue with the ratio, let me compare my current neck to an almost equivalent Krosus one:
Stormcharged Choker 885, 1837 crit, 841 mastery
Beleron's Choker of Misery 890, 1577 crit, 1183 mastery
So to answer your question, I don't really think it's a bad choice, I just don't think it's a particularly good one.

Return to “Fire”