Fire Blast bug in NH?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Falq

Fire Blast bug in NH?

Unread postby Falq Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Hey

did anyone observe FB bug in NH? Sometimes you can see FB available, and it is available but simply cannot be casted (or cannot be casted while casting). This bug drove me crazy on both Elisandra and Gul'dan. (We didnt reach 3rd phase on anomally) Could have something to do with time forwarding? Have anyone else observed it or it could be my UI error?
Feuertorte

Re: Fire Blast bug in NH?

Unread postby Feuertorte Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Didn't happen to me, so could possibly be a UI bug
DeathDefier
Global Moderator

Unread postby DeathDefier Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:32 pm

Yeah, I've had it along with a ton of other people I've talked to. Seemed like it had to do with the speed buffs on the two fights that messed up the cooldown visual.
Hyperion

Unread postby Hyperion Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:48 pm

I noticed this as well. I thought it was the #2 key on my keyboard messing up but this makes much more sense. When I was spamming FB it wasn't casting but my UI showed the input was there. I only noticed this on H Gul'dan and it wasn't every FB I tried to cast it was only a select few of them. Good to know other people are having this problem as well and my keyboard isn't broken. :)

-Hype
Makz

Unread postby Makz Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:09 pm

The bug is primarily on the time bosses(anomaly, elisande, guldan) and I have also noticed it on other bosses AFTER doing the aforementioned ones(restarting the game kind of fixes it as long as you arent doing those bosses). The bug relates to fireblast cooling off while you have speed buffs but then once you lose the speed buff the system "corrects" the timer without showing it on the UI and this shouldnt happen. This drove me insane on Elisande couple days ago as she is the worst offender.

It has been reported a lot afaik so there should be a fix soon.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Falq

Unread postby Falq Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Thanks for help guys! Also feels much better that it's not my side problem so can only wait for fixes.
I noticed this as well. I thought it was the #2 key on my keyboard messing up but this makes much more sense.
I also have FB under "2" :)
Naazzr

Unread postby Naazzr Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Noticed this too while doing Gul'dan and Chronomatic Anomaly.
My guess is that it is related with the cooldown reduction that comes from the boss ability / player ability on gul dan.
I'm currently using ElvUi. What UI are you guys using?
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm using default, still happens.
Shitbird

Unread postby Shitbird Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:33 pm

I made an account just to respond to this. I've been lurking here for a while.

YES. I noticed this all last night. Fire blast charge available, hit the button and nothing happens, then I start hardcasting a pyro on accident because I didn't convert the heating up.

I hope it gets addressed and fixed soon because it felt super clunky all last night.
Stauros

Unread postby Stauros Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:50 pm

Yes seen same thing and I also have Fire Blast as 2.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Had this happen on Gul'dan... which is weird, because I can't recall any haste effects on Gul'dan that mess with cooldowns!

Also, can report it wasn't only me, another 2 mages in my guild said they were having the same issue.

and since we're sharing, FB is my 4 key.
Breakerzeus

Unread postby Breakerzeus Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:09 pm

I' also having this on Gul'dan fight right now. Really annoying. I have standard UI and no macro with FB.
Schnizol

Unread postby Schnizol Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:47 pm

Yes, I've had two different fire blast bugs. On Elisande (or was that Star Augur?) I couldn't use 3rd charge of fire blast even though it said there was one.
On Guldan I couldn't SOMETIMES cast fire blast while casting another spell. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Another mage in the raid said he had this bug too. Actually he pointed it out for me xP
Maywtf

Unread postby Maywtf Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:17 am

Your problem is connected with every spell that has cooldown reduced by haste. That is Fire Blast, Living Bomb etc. It is a bug, and other classes suffer from it too. There are some funny ones like randomly getting your Fire Blast locked for 10 minutes if you use it on Slow debuff (sometimes) on Elisandre.
leo6diam

Unread postby leo6diam Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:40 am

same here,sometimes i couldnt use fireblast on guldan fight.
arthy

Unread postby arthy Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:54 am

Happened to me quite a few times during guldan progress yesterday., but mostly when I tried to cast my rune of power.
I had to spam my key several times for my character to finally cast rop.
Naver

Unread postby Naver Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:50 am

Yes! I honestly thought I was having latency issues and kept restating my computer. I would see the my keybind registering (I would have to click it numerous times over and over) and just wouldn't register.
tailes

Unread postby tailes Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:22 am

happen to me on Guldan as well. With Elvui and also with default ui
Shitbird

Unread postby Shitbird Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:55 am

It's happening to me on spellblade aluriel too... and she doesnt have a time altering mechanic.

Could it be because I got "Eratic Metronome" trinket and it's giving me weird haste values all the time? My fps and ping are perfect.
Colinthetank

Unread postby Colinthetank Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:33 am

Definitely happened to me tonight on more than one occasion. Also rune of power was bugging, kept giving me "can't use while moving" error when I was totally standing still.

Return to “Fire”