Fire Blast bug in NH?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Katsumi

Re: Fire Blast bug in NH?

Unread postby Katsumi Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 am

Hey guys, I had the same issue and I found the problem! It drove me nuts as well to the point where I was looking to buy a new mouse, because I thought one button was malfunctioning.

It's DBM, at least for me.

For some reason, if you have the DBM announcements placed in the middle of the screen, it seems to be possible than some clicks don't go through if you have your cursor placed on the area of the screen where the announcement, though invisible at the time, will appear. Moving the DBM announcements to an area of my screen where you're less likely to have your cursor placed got rid of the issue.
Last edited by Katsumi on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breakerzeus

Unread postby Breakerzeus Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 am

Well, that's not the issue here. The Problem is, that we have the FB issue with Hotkeys as well. So by that it has nothing to do with DBM.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:29 am

It was, again, at least for me. I have FB on hotkey as well, of course. I should have typed "keystrokes" instead of "clicks" to avoid confusion, sorry for that.

Have you tried if this solves your problem?
Saróx

Unread postby Saróx Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:55 pm

It was, again, at least for me. I have FB on hotkey as well, of course. I should have typed "keystrokes" instead of "clicks" to avoid confusion, sorry for that.

Sorry but it does not solve any problem, since it's not the main reason why the problem occurs.

The problem is in up and down tempo fights, where the UI dont registre the changes and therefor dont adjust the tool tip to the speed ups/speed downs, and therefor the visual cooldown dont align properly with the actual spell.

The easiest way to solve this problem is to run a weakaura, or a TellmeWhen, that shows the real cd of the abilities.
Falq

Unread postby Falq Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:00 pm

this problem is to run a weakaura, or a TellmeWhen, that shows the real cd of the abilities.
That would be quite complicated aura since during speed buffs your cd runs off 30% faster so if you have to take all of this actions in to the count.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Sorry but it does not solve any problem, since it's not the main reason why the problem occurs.

The problem is in up and down tempo fights, where the UI dont registre the changes and therefor dont adjust the tool tip to the speed ups/speed downs, and therefor the visual cooldown dont align properly with the actual spell.

The easiest way to solve this problem is to run a weakaura, or a TellmeWhen, that shows the real cd of the abilities.
No need to be sorry, if I was wrong and what you describe actually is the problem, all the better. I was under the impression that I also had the issue when I was on 2+ stacks of FB and might thus have mixed up cause and coincidence. I was encouraged to draw this conclusion because one of our healers seemed to have a similar issue with certain mouseover macros that stopped working, none of which included spells with cooldown.
Syphon

Unread postby Syphon Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:45 pm

I made an account just to respond to this. I've been lurking here for a while.

YES. I noticed this all last night. Fire blast charge available, hit the button and nothing happens, then I start hardcasting a pyro on accident because I didn't convert the heating up.

I hope it gets addressed and fixed soon because it felt super clunky all last night.
I've got this issue on Elisandre too. I was just thinking that was my keyboard!! Thank goodness somebody opened this thread. I won't spend money on a new keyboard!! :D
Breit

Unread postby Breit Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:14 pm

I had experienced this too in Mythic+ on regular fights. I suspect some fishy things with haste procs from gear as well (Chrono Shard, Nightwell Arcanum set, etc...).
Nonmortuus

Unread postby Nonmortuus Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:38 pm

First time poster. I had the exact same issue last night. Really frustrating.
partyunicorn

Unread postby partyunicorn Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Thanks for posting this, same thing happened to me. I was considering looking into a replacement keyboard lol, am very glad you posted this.
Falq

Unread postby Falq Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Wow I just had 15 min cd on Fire Blast during Elisandre fight, and it's not Visual Bug since I had only 15 FB usages (my other mage had 65) and couldn't use it during whole fight and wasn't able to do any dps. Gj blizz
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:48 am

That's crazy. What level of haste are you guys running? Maybe for now we could find out if there's a breakpoint for the bug to occur.
Saróx

Unread postby Saróx Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:19 am

this problem is to run a weakaura, or a TellmeWhen, that shows the real cd of the abilities.
That would be quite complicated aura since during speed buffs your cd runs off 30% faster so if you have to take all of this actions in to the count.
Well i cant talk on behalf of Weakauras, but using Tell me when, it automaticly adjust the spell on the go, so if you have some Haste imparing effects happening during the fight, the right CD will always be displayed compared to the one provided by blizzard. I've not yet been tossed off by tell me when, and i did the boss 4 times this week, and only the first pull was troublesome since i diddent knew about the buff discrepency.

Going into HC it gets a little bit more trouble some, since you have to acutally use the slow down bubble a bit more activly. This is what i've found to be the great culprit, since taking the slow down debuff then cleansing with the speed up debuff, tend to toss of the CD by quite a lot, so try not to take the speed up buff while the slow debuff is still active, or you have a propper way of tracking your FB CD.
Rylai

Unread postby Rylai Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:57 am

I had the same problem last night on Gul'dan. But it mainly happened with RoP. I had to press multiple times before it finally casted the spell..
Burnthemall

Unread postby Burnthemall Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi fellow mages,

I am glad that I am not alone. It happened yesterday on Elisande it was really annoying and It is not true that tell me when can track the righ CD time. I am using only TMW for all cd and even with TMW I had the bug issue. I had FB ready by information from TMW but I could not cast a spell. Really buggy my fello wmages got CD on some spell for 60 minutes.

I hope that they will fix this isuees asap.
Lauslinski

Unread postby Lauslinski Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Heya,
we had the same Problems but not only on our Mages. Our Moonkin and shadow had the same Problem and our Shadow even told us that it was existant even bevor NIghthold with the Legendary Belt.

One of the potential fixes is to use Lag adjustment. This is possible with the Addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions. At least for our Moonkin it resolved it. Im still testing it but it seems to work. Just set ur Lag adjustment to ur MS or at least a fair bit over(hes running at around 30 MS and has lag adjustment set to 50) and it might solve it.
Fonzey

Unread postby Fonzey Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:44 pm

Another Fireblast on '2 here. :mrgreen:

Very annoying bug, I'll try the latency adjustments and report back.
Falq

Unread postby Falq Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Heya,
we had the same Problems but not only on our Mages. Our Moonkin and shadow had the same Problem and our Shadow even told us that it was existant even bevor NIghthold with the Legendary Belt.

One of the potential fixes is to use Lag adjustment. This is possible with the Addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions. At least for our Moonkin it resolved it. Im still testing it but it seems to work. Just set ur Lag adjustment to ur MS or at least a fair bit over(hes running at around 30 MS and has lag adjustment set to 50) and it might solve it.
Good call about addon, will try to test it!

We also found out that it could be connected to skills with cd reduced by haste or having charges (like RoP, FB, Conflag in destro etc)
subtlexgaming

Unread postby subtlexgaming Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:35 pm

This happened to me..drove me nuts...It's good to know why I was pulling 450k on heroic gul'dan instead of 580k like my sims say :D :D :lol:
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:41 pm

there seem to be this sort of problem all over the place, also for locks on their instant fire-thingie

Return to “Fire”