Better Off Rerolling For Better Legendaries?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Imaskar

Re: Better Off Rerolling For Better Legendaries?

Unread postby Imaskar Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:40 pm

OMG xD
On the bright side, you're now bound to get something useful next time.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know I got my fifth legendary now: hands xDDDDDDDD

this game. chest, sephuz, prydaz, feet and now hands
That means that your next legendary WILL be useful, since you already have all the shit ones.

I'm sitting here with Darckli's, Sephuz, Norgannon's and Pyrotex... hoping to RNGesus that my next one IS NOT prydaz or Belovir's.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Except that he might not see one for months, given the diminishing returns of the bad luck protection past five legendaries. Here's to hoping for the best.
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Ya ur right but I only know one single guy who has 6 leges and he did 900+ mythic plus.. heh
Khandiz

Unread postby Khandiz Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:55 pm

So this might be interesting to know when considering re-rolling:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 9?page=1#1" target="_blank

TL;DR No longer any diminishing returns on legendary drop rate after third legendary. Quote:"We think it’s important to get this across clearly: it currently takes the same amount of luck/effort to get your third Legendary as it takes to get your eighth."
Makz

Unread postby Makz Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:59 am

TL;DR No longer any diminishing returns on legendary drop rate after third legendary. Quote:"We think it’s important to get this across clearly: it currently takes the same amount of luck/effort to get your third Legendary as it takes to get your eighth."
I have already 4 fire leges and am about to get my 5th(playing casually) and I thought I just might switch to Frost. However with this, I would rather stay Fire until I get belt and trinket, maybe Sephuz too. I ran the PTR tests so far and the new bosses like fire mages.

A slight buff to the bracers and ignite would be really nice.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Muffelmage

Unread postby Muffelmage Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:14 am

I feel you... have the same shit like you. Playing since start of legion only one char.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:17 pm

I have already 4 fire leges and am about to get my 5th(playing casually) and I thought I just might switch to Frost. However with this, I would rather stay Fire until I get belt and trinket, maybe Sephuz too. I ran the PTR tests so far and the new bosses like fire mages.

A slight buff to the bracers and ignite would be really nice.
I feel like the last thing we need is a buff to bracers.
Bracers, if anything, need a severe nerf, with much of that being rolled into baseline Pyroblast.

Darckli's needs similar treatment.

A fire mage without either bracers of darckli's is hopeless atm.
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:21 am

Gear gap is drastic even without legendaries this patch, see arcano (some got 895+socket!), fervitory of souls (for melee), etc.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Graced last night with Legendary #5.
It was Kiljaeden's.

Well... 5 down, 5 to go.
(Have: Norgannon's, Pyrotex, Sephuz, Darckli's, KJ)
(Possible: Prydaz, Belovir's, Shard, Marquee, Koralon's)

Such a great fun system.

Also, to reiterate on the thread's initial premise -- now that we have confirmation that DRs on Legendaries were scrapped, you should NOT reroll if you've invested a reasonable amount of time into your character (AP, Gear), as there is no effort/luck difference from the 3rd legendary onward.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:56 pm

At this point if you are a hardcore raider you should hit M+ haaaaaaaaaaard. Removing DRs on leges means they are reliably grindable and MoS is still not nerfed. Man, if this is how the game was 4 years ago when I was in uni I would totally nolife it until I have all BiS before 7.2 raids hit.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:01 am

Wait, was this a confirmation that we can actually target slots?
Correct. The current plan is that if you purchase a Relinquished token for, say, shoulders, and it gives you a legendary, it gives you legendary shoulders.

Massive wall of caveats here just because I don't want to over-promise:

This is PTR. Anything can change at any moment. Many things already have.
We don't have a solid handle yet on how long it will take to earn these things, or what the chance of them becoming a legendary will be. We need to be confident that the Broken Shore content itself is stabilized before we can start figuring out things like how quickly you earn Nethershards or how much these tokens cost.
Their primary purpose is still as catch-up gear, similar to what was available on the Timeless Isle or Hellfire Peninsula. We don't consider this a "silver bullet" solve to all legendary-related issues, and aren't trying to make it be one. Still, if you just desperately want that one specific legendary, this might be an option worth considering.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:57 pm

Wait, was this a confirmation that we can actually target slots?
Correct. The current plan is that if you purchase a Relinquished token for, say, shoulders, and it gives you a legendary, it gives you legendary shoulders.

Massive wall of caveats here just because I don't want to over-promise:

This is PTR. Anything can change at any moment. Many things already have.
We don't have a solid handle yet on how long it will take to earn these things, or what the chance of them becoming a legendary will be. We need to be confident that the Broken Shore content itself is stabilized before we can start figuring out things like how quickly you earn Nethershards or how much these tokens cost.
Their primary purpose is still as catch-up gear, similar to what was available on the Timeless Isle or Hellfire Peninsula. We don't consider this a "silver bullet" solve to all legendary-related issues, and aren't trying to make it be one. Still, if you just desperately want that one specific legendary, this might be an option worth considering.
"Yes".

However, keep in mind Lore said it was a "it just made sense for it in Legion", so I wouldn't expect it to have a high chance. We also have no clue how it interacts with Bad Luck Protection (BLP), or how BLP is built across specs now.

We're in a bit of an information limbo.
nucrus

Unread postby nucrus Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:30 am

If i go back to the game this is what i'm gonna do: level 5 mages and play them until they get 2 legendaries, and make the best outcome my main.
The chance of getting 2 good legendaries (out of 3 desired good) on any of them is ok, 33% (3/10.2/9=6/90;that x5).
The chance of getting a single exact legendary (say the bracers) on any is high, 105% (1/10+1/9=19/90; that x5).
The chance of getting any good good legendary (out of 3 desired good) on any of them is ridiculous high, 316% (3/10+3/9=57/90, that x5).
That's not how probability works, as each mages legendary drops would be independent events from the other mages.
Yes one mage would eventually have a 100% (already have all the other legendaries) chance if you keep getting legendaries, because the odds increase with each drop.
But you can't say you have 105% (guaranteed) chance of getting an exact legendary, as what one mage gets has no effect on the others.
eg. You could potentially get the same 2 legendaries (neither being the one you want) on every mage, improbable but possible, thereby proving that the chance to get an exact legendary can't be 100%

Likewise for your 316%
partyunicorn

Unread postby partyunicorn Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:35 am

I am not Tegu from Serenity, I just linked him to show what a crapton really is.
For me, the calculator has been fairly accurate. What you need to understand is that luck still plays part in getting the legendary.
My mage has 5300 KP, received 5th legenday 3 weeks ago, which was overdue (bad luck). Two weeks later, it received 6th, which was way early, aka very lucky. What sucked was that I was 100% sure it wasn't going to drop that fast and did not switch spec to frost (have bis fire and bis arcane legendaries already...).

For priest, I was way overdue and every boss killed was just waiting for it to drop. And it sure enough it did. For DH it was quite normal, 50% progress towards next, it dropped.

So from my experience with 3 chars, the formula works. There will always be very lucky/unlucky outliers.
What do you do for KP farming? Just Mid-level M+?
like 5-9 ?

I feel like I'm doing something terribly wrong then with my time playing the game.

I'm only at ~3250 KP, despite 40 days @ 110.
I've been doing mostly raids and averaging out ~6hours/day.

Maybe the effort just isn't focused.
Emissary caches seem to be the highest drop rate, and then raid bosses / daily heroic dungeon bosses / regular mythic dungeon bosses. I've run more mythic+ than all of that other content combined and have never seen a legendary drop from a mythic+. I'm in a guild where some people are pretty hardcore and have run over 1,000 hours of mythic+, and they farm all of that other content, including lfr's for legendaries and think that mythic+ must have the lowest drop rate for them of any content.

As far as your legendaries go, you have the tw ring so are fairly well off. Not worth rerolling since you do have a really good one.
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:18 pm

With the latest changes and upcoming system in 7.2 there is ablolutely no poing in rerolling.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:51 pm

Now that there are no more diminishing returns on legendaries, yeah, no point in rerolling. Thank fuck for that.
Still no good information on how much KP per legendary past your 3rd or so. I'm seeing anywhere from 300-900.
broedrost

Unread postby broedrost Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Now that there are no more diminishing returns on legendaries, yeah, no point in rerolling. Thank fuck for that.
Still no good information on how much KP per legendary past your 3rd or so. I'm seeing anywhere from 300-900.
After the 7.1.5 patch with removal of the DR, KP is no longer a thing. The site is clearly misleading and shouldn't be taken seriously
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:58 pm

It was pretty accurate up until the latest changes.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:40 am

It was pretty accurate up until the latest changes.
I see a lot of people reporting legendaries at 600-1000KP apart.
I recently got my sixth one, it was exactly 1000KP apart.

...Not that it did me any good (Belo'vir)

Which brings my Legendary drops to: Darckli's -> Norgannon's -> Sephuz -> Pyrotex -> Kil'Jaeden -> Belo'Vir.

I'll probably get Prydaz next, and then I'll have run out of bad legendaries.

Return to “Fire”