Pyrotex Ignition Cloth

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
dioneslol

Re: Pyrotex Ignition Cloth

Unread postby dioneslol Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Is the trinket really that bad? I woulda thought that with the on use and stats that its actually pretty good. I been running the lust ring and bracers but I dont get much benefit from the ring in progression bc we dont typically lust on pull. Was kinda hoping for helm, belt or trinket.

Its not like it is bad, it is a dps increase but its so small that pretty much any regular piece upgrade could match the dps increase, so it is like you dropped a titanforged regular piece.

Specially for me that have 6 legendarys, and not a single one good for single target.

Put it that way, the trinket compared to the 2 bis trinkets is a really small upgrade, the bracer or belt or ring compared to regular pieces are miles ahead.

Thats is mostly because trinkets are always amazing in nature and regular pieces are just stat sticks, if you check the 7.1.5 fire mage thread here, you will see that the trinket is pretty bad on single target compared to the other legendarys, hes equal to prydaz lol
fatalx

Unread postby fatalx Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Just got these gloves last night. Still trying to make them work. I was able to have enough instants for my second combust. Was running with kindling. After a few 90 second runs I was somewhere between 650-700k dps. The bracers were the other legendary I was using

Not sure how I feel about the gloves.
Aikha

Unread postby Aikha Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:30 am

Got these as my 7th legen yesterday. I don't think I'm using them at all over bracers/head/ring (still hunting the belt). I will try them this week on M Botanist along with kindling to see how it goes, tho.
Pank

Unread postby Pank Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:33 am

I got these today along with norgannons.. I'm happy and sad at the same time. I can only get 4 more legs for fire spec which means that I'm close to the wrists. That is if they don't add other useless legs again. The other thing is that maybe with extended combustion duration in 7.2 is gonna be actually viable with kindling? Unsure.

I did however noticed that the ring is getting gutted for a second tw of only 25 sec instead of full duration which sucks balls tbh. So the belt and wrists are just gonna pull ahead even more now. Not to mention the ring was good if you wanted to switch specs as well.. blizzard fakkkk why seriously
fatalx

Unread postby fatalx Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Ran a few high level (15+) mythic plus last night. Was nice to be able to combust twice per boss while using the gloves. Not to mention fairly frequently on trash.
Paxtelemanus

Unread postby Paxtelemanus Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:30 pm

Question and comments about 7.2 and the Pyrotex Ignition Cloth Legendary gloves. With the increase in Combustion by 4 seconds with additional points in weapons as well as more points in the 3/3 traits of weapons, will these become actually competitive when combined with Kindling. Thus making the downtime on Combustion shrink even more. Has anyone done any PTR testing with data on this? What is your opinion on this? Thanks for the replies.
subtlexgaming

Unread postby subtlexgaming Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:46 pm

For volcanic you can play with bracers just be smart with your shimmers. In m+ I am in melee range frequently for DB and CS so you will dodge a lot by default. Shimmer is amazing, its my best friend on krosus for beams in heroic and mythic as well.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:20 pm

New 7.2 PTR Legendary changes (source)

Relevant section:

Mage
  • Pyrotex Ignition Cloth
    • Phoenix Flames reduces the remaining cooldown on Combustion by 9 seconds (was 6 seconds).
I guess that increases the appeal of gloves with longer duration of Combustion in 7.2 Artifact trait?
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:26 pm

The effect was buffed by 50%.
I'd love to see a nightly build of SimC taking this into account.

It does absolutely nothing to change the fact that MI and Pyrotex don't mesh together at all, though, and essentially cements Pyrotex + RoP as the way to go.
Finest

Unread postby Finest Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:46 pm

This makes me extremely happy.

I received these as my 7th Legendary about a week ago. Was pretty sad, I wanted the belt or helm. However, after finally getting over the grumpy stage. I put together a kit that involved these for Mythic + based around Kindling and RoP for obvious reasons. They are amazing, nothing but good things to say at least for using in Mythic + .

Now, I started to slowly incorporate these into my Mythic Nighthold farm kit. Again, increase in DPS and I like the way it plays. I'm so happy to see this added change in 7.2. I think they will be incredible and a lot more viable. Or maybe even output wise with other legendary s EXAMPLE: belt/helm/wrist gives people more options which is always good in a game where you can get fucked over by RNG. Time will tell I suppose...

Here's a link to my Armory. If anyone is interested in seeing how, In mind I make these more viable than what people give them credit for. ( Mythic + gear changes, a bit.. Mainly trinkets ).
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... cey/simple" target="_blank
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:53 am

The effect was buffed by 50%.
I'd love to see a nightly build of SimC taking this into account.

It does absolutely nothing to change the fact that MI and Pyrotex don't mesh together at all, though, and essentially cements Pyrotex + RoP as the way to go.
Someone on discord did this, and it still sucked.

Muffelmage

Unread postby Muffelmage Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:29 am

Pyrotex Ignition Cloth Phoenix Flames reduces the remaining cooldown on Combustion by 9 sec.
I wonder whether this will turn the game!

- Let's assume we have approx 35 sec CD on PF and 3 charges
- Combustion base CD 2:00
- We can fire 3 PF and are down to 1:33
- Without any further reduction of combustion CD we can add 1 more PF at 0:58 which reduces combustion to 0:49
- If we have maxed out "Pre-Ignited" we can go down to 0:45
- Next PF gets ready at 0:10 reducing to 0:01
- This only counts for the second combustion phase. The third and beyond combustion calculations can not take into account that we have 3 PF charges ready.

I try to sum up:

A) Combustion 1 (fight starts)
- launching our rotatation including 5 PF charges - reducing 45 seconds of Comb CD
B) Combustion 2
- ready at 1:11 (2:00 - 0:45 - 0:04)
- we will have 1 PF ready after 34 seconds
- after firing first PF combustion CD will be 1:13 (2:00 - 34 seconds wait time - 9 seconds PF - 4 seconds PI)
- we will have 1 more PF ready at 0:42 reducing to 0:33
- we will have 1 more PF ready after next combustion phase
C) Combustion 3
- starting with 1 PF charge reducing cd to 1:47 - (9+4)
- 1 more PF after 1:12 reducing cd to 1:03
- 1 more PF after 0:35 reducing cd to 0:26
D) Combustion 4 + beyond will look likewise

That leads to having 45 seconds less CD on the 2nd Combustion and 27 seconds less on all other Combustions

What do you think about my ideas? Any objections or improvements?
Texhex

Unread postby Texhex Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:37 am

might be a good situational legendary, where alot of damage is needed every 1:00 - 1:15 (with kindling), like spellblade, where many adds spawn like every minute, that need to die fast. there that one could be really good, because you have combustion up for each adds. i doubt it will ever be the "to go" legendary, because blizzard wants legendaries to be situational. like spehuz best if los of interrupts, pyrotex best, if burst needed every minute, belt best if execute needed, etc.

thats why they also increased the droprates of legendaries with 7.1.5, so that everybody will have many to all in near futur (for tomb of sargeras) so that there is no crying around anymore and people need to swap around legendaries from fight to fight, like talents.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:54 pm

I already run gloves and kindling for mythic+ and swap to ring to lust on bosses and it works really well.

I have combustion for basically every other trash pack.
illwil

Unread postby illwil Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Pyrotex Ignition Cloth Phoenix Flames reduces the remaining cooldown on Combustion by 9 sec.
I wonder whether this will turn the game!

- Let's assume we have approx 35 sec CD on PF and 3 charges
- Combustion base CD 2:00
- We can fire 3 PF and are down to 1:33
- Without any further reduction of combustion CD we can add 1 more PF at 0:58 which reduces combustion to 0:49
- If we have maxed out "Pre-Ignited" we can go down to 0:45
- Next PF gets ready at 0:10 reducing to 0:01
- This only counts for the second combustion phase. The third and beyond combustion calculations can not take into account that we have 3 PF charges ready.

I try to sum up:

A) Combustion 1 (fight starts)
- launching our rotatation including 5 PF charges - reducing 45 seconds of Comb CD
B) Combustion 2
- ready at 1:11 (2:00 - 0:45 - 0:04)
- we will have 1 PF ready after 34 seconds
- after firing first PF combustion CD will be 1:13 (2:00 - 34 seconds wait time - 9 seconds PF - 4 seconds PI)
- we will have 1 more PF ready at 0:42 reducing to 0:33
- we will have 1 more PF ready after next combustion phase
C) Combustion 3
- starting with 1 PF charge reducing cd to 1:47 - (9+4)
- 1 more PF after 1:12 reducing cd to 1:03
- 1 more PF after 0:35 reducing cd to 0:26
D) Combustion 4 + beyond will look likewise

That leads to having 45 seconds less CD on the 2nd Combustion and 27 seconds less on all other Combustions

What do you think about my ideas? Any objections or improvements?
depending on timing and the fight would it not be better to bank them (without capping) for your second combustion. I know your second combustion would be a bit slower, but overall your combustions would be about the same timing because then your third combust would benefit from the PF in the same way your second did (using it within combustion)

Return to “Fire”