Flamestrike, Statweights and Haste

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
mixo

Flamestrike, Statweights and Haste

Unread postby mixo Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:28 am

Hi there,

I've been carrying out some simulations recently on which of my underwhelming legendaries would make the best combination for aoe dps (approx 5 targets) and stumbled across the weirdest stat weights i've seen in a while.

Note: I do have the whisperer trinket and 4pc set bonus.

sim, for single target,
Talents: 15: Conflagration (Fire Mage)30: Shimmer45: Mirror Image60: Flame On (Fire Mage)75: Frenetic Speed (Fire Mage)90: Flame Patch (Fire Mage)100: Meteor (Fire Mage)
Stat Weights: Int > Vers > Mastery > Crit > Haste (12.94 >11.67 > 10.28 > 9.49 >>> -0.02)
Haste having the worst weight, which is unsurprising to me

https://gyazo.com/e596338f203d64e88a22623e868e057b

However, in sims with one main target and 4 adds. haste weight changed dramatically.
Talents: 15: Conflagration (Fire Mage)30: Shimmer45: Rune of Power60: Flame On (Fire Mage)75: Frenetic Speed (Fire Mage)90: Flame Patch (Fire Mage)100: Meteor (Fire Mage)
Stat Weights: Int > Vers ~= Haste > Crit > Mastery (35.36 > 32.46 ~= 31.99 > 29.88 >26.44)

https://gyazo.com/251d356f7b052781f78d9c428a14522f

The drastic change in haste is the noticeable thing and It took me a while comparing these to to understand what was causing it, and it can only be explained the time spent casting. if you were to look at the two images, they are starkly different.

What I want to understand is why though? Surely mastery is still our go to talent for aoe? the only way I could see haste becoming so important is if you were to hard cast flamestrike? or do you get extra ticks of your flamestrike/flamepatch? and mastery being the worst stat is perplexing.

I know some mages are runnign flame patch on bossess such as elisande and seeing some great results. I just was hoping people could clarify some of my findings and what the rotation should be exactly, hard cast flamestrike or hotstreak flamestrike?

In the aoe sim, theres almost no FB casts...and find this very odd.

Thanks for your time
bobby1

Re: Flamestrike, Statweights and Haste

Unread postby bobby1 Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:11 am

i think haste scales really well with flame patch
nickseng

Unread postby nickseng Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:41 am

Haste is generally high for St. The only reason your haste Sims with negative value on St is because your Sims is oom-ing.
Bogeye

Unread postby Bogeye Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:19 pm

My haste jumps from 5 to 13 depending on if I take cinder storm, and in aoe mastery is never my best stat what ever talents I choose contrary to what is posted in the guides on here. Depending on talents it changes from haste to vers. I've gave up on the whole thing and started using what "feels" right.
mixo

Unread postby mixo Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 pm

My haste jumps from 5 to 13 depending on if I take cinder storm, and in aoe mastery is never my best stat what ever talents I choose contrary to what is posted in the guides on here. Depending on talents it changes from haste to vers. I've gave up on the whole thing and started using what "feels" right.
Yeah that totally felt strange going into skorpyron stacking verstality instead of mastery...and its also contradicting the general advice on frosted post.

Oh well, worth a try i guess!

Return to “Fire”