Fire Mage Challenge Mode Artifact Skin

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
ezekielyo

Fire Mage Challenge Mode Artifact Skin

Unread postby ezekielyo Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:56 am

I ran into a boulder somehow :D

I'll try to record a run without any legendaries and then write up a guide.
talisin

Re: Fire Mage Challenge Mode Artifact Skin

Unread postby talisin Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:18 am

I ran a different build: 2111332
My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/j ... les/simple" target="_blank

Legendaries I used:
Dracki and Belovir

I have found that cinderstorm uptime helps way more as using meteor.
Also flamepatch worked better as LB on the fight.

I did a few tries before I killed it and ended up no pulling it with lust at all.

The first few seconds in my opinion makes the fight way easier if it done correctly:
1: Normal opener on her but the second hot streak goes straight into flamestrike on the adds
2: Followed by dragon breath.
3: The adds should die quite quickly and you keep damaging the boss until the 2 adds from the back are spawning.
4: You stand in the middle of the platform and nova the adds when they pass you.
5: Kill the little imp straight away
6: After nova run out your dragon breath is up again and you can kill the 2 adds quickly. Use DB only when they cast
7: After that you have a huge window to dps the shield with nothing going on and adds and shield will line up very easy.

A few things to consider:
- take health pots
- kill little adds as quick as possible
- kill the little imp who explode instead of kiting it - less puddle makes it super easy
- Self heal with blink barrier and legendary chest
- delay dragon breath for the mass imp spawn
- if she teleports to the top run all the way up rather half way - boulders are easier to dodge
- if she teleports down stand behind her so you can see the boulders coming
- the most damage you will take is when the fire imps are up - you can heal yourself through the shield phase

The crucial thing is to manage the adds as quick as possible so her shield does not line up with immunity and you loose the race. Your mirror images will help to heal yourself as well.

Overall quite hard but fun and as soon as you get the hang of the spawns it is actually not as hard anymore.

Hope this helps
Syana

Unread postby Syana Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:11 pm

In case you don't have the DB helm Pharamere's Grimoire is pretty good at killing the adds near the boss since they spawn almost exactly every minute.

Did it using Belt and Bracers with Flame Patch and Double nova.
Pagenotfound

Unread postby Pagenotfound Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:26 pm

thanks for video and tips. did it now with this set up .

ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:40 pm

I ran a different build: 2111332
My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/j ... les/simple" target="_blank

Legendaries I used:
Dracki and Belovir

I have found that cinderstorm uptime helps way more as using meteor.
Also flamepatch worked better as LB on the fight.

I did a few tries before I killed it and ended up no pulling it with lust at all.

The first few seconds in my opinion makes the fight way easier if it done correctly:
1: Normal opener on her but the second hot streak goes straight into flamestrike on the adds
2: Followed by dragon breath.
3: The adds should die quite quickly and you keep damaging the boss until the 2 adds from the back are spawning.
4: You stand in the middle of the platform and nova the adds when they pass you.
5: Kill the little imp straight away
6: After nova run out your dragon breath is up again and you can kill the 2 adds quickly. Use DB only when they cast
7: After that you have a huge window to dps the shield with nothing going on and adds and shield will line up very easy.

A few things to consider:
- take health pots
- kill little adds as quick as possible
- kill the little imp who explode instead of kiting it - less puddle makes it super easy
- Self heal with blink barrier and legendary chest
- delay dragon breath for the mass imp spawn
- if she teleports to the top run all the way up rather half way - boulders are easier to dodge
- if she teleports down stand behind her so you can see the boulders coming
- the most damage you will take is when the fire imps are up - you can heal yourself through the shield phase

The crucial thing is to manage the adds as quick as possible so her shield does not line up with immunity and you loose the race. Your mirror images will help to heal yourself as well.

Overall quite hard but fun and as soon as you get the hang of the spawns it is actually not as hard anymore.

Hope this helps

All good points here, well put together.

I personally don't like flamepatch but I can see why it would be stronger. I also specifically didn't want to run with belovir/prydaz as I've heard it does make it mcuh easier.

Cinderstorm would also work well but I found that there was already enough aoe damage from DBhelm + grimoire and I aimed to use meteor to break the shields.

I also have the new golden trait so I was even able to cleave with phoenix flames aswell while maintaining boss damage.

Overall, was a good challenge.
Pluckles

Unread postby Pluckles Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:07 am

I was finally able to complete the trial!

I'm currently 903 ilvl, using Darckli and Belovir for the legendaries, and 890 Star Gate/895Fury for trinkets.
My talents were Conflag/Shim/MI/AF/IW/LB/CiS

I felt that lusting at the beginning and burning as much as you could was the best thing for me. I would get her to 60%ish before lust fell off. I did most of the suggestions from the other posters in this thread, so there's not much advice I could give that would be any different. Only thing I can think of is that the imps that chase you and explode, instead of trying to kill them if you have a cooldowns, just kite to the side of bridge or whatever and then blink away as they explode.

Here's a video of my run, if it helps anyone https://youtu.be/vlbpvTxihjg" target="_blank
Hybr1d

Unread postby Hybr1d Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:37 am

Also completed it yesterday evening on my 6th try I think.

Legendaries: Sephuz and Belovir -- Only choice for me was Sephuz over Bracers, if you have the DB Helm take that instead. Belovir is lovely though.

Talents: Cinderstorm, Flame Patch, Mirror Images, Double frost nova! Lifesaver that one.

Other: I didn't use "cast on cursor" macro's for Flamestrike before, now I did, it helped a lot.

Honestly, there is only 1 thing that you have to know and do. After the first tiny imp spawns, every other one will make the boss immune! So, always kill with priority: little fireball spamming imps > the 2 empowering imps > pool spawning imps (can also just drop those at the side). If you do this, basically focus the adds, you'll be good. Be sure to use the 2x frost nova to lock the empowering imps in place. Otherwise, blink often to keep the shield/healing going. My kill, I didn't drop under 50% hp and took around 6/7 minutes with 580k dps.

Good luck everyone else :)
PyroZara

Unread postby PyroZara Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:35 am

Hey everyone - one thing I noticed as the mage tower was brought down by the legion 2 cycles ago, the buff from the command tower applies to us during the challenge, which I assume is because we're in a cave in Azsuna.

So, my plea, to all of you who are like me and looking for that edge to get it done...try to use legion resources to get a longer, more purposeful overlap between the command tower and the mage tower.

The buffs that I noticed:
1) court of forandis buff: 50% Dmg increase / 50% Dmg reduction when standing in a circle that appears under you ( looks like Mark of Aluneth if you're familiar with Arcane).

2) Meteor Storm: after casting meteor, roughly 5 more would randomly come down around the original target. It also dmgs you, so heads up.

Best of luck.

Pyrozara
Muffelmage

Unread postby Muffelmage Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:42 am

Just want to add my 5 cent and how I did it:

Ezekielyo's guide inspired me most. I was starting with Cinder Drackli and Belt but I found myself struggling to pull down the shield so I switched to meteor and played really similar to Eze. It took me around 30 tries to kill her. I had some really bad luck where she survived with 1-2% (like 3 times) and I was really shaking and full of adrenalin when i finally executed her. :-D

I can say that it was so so so much fun for me to fight this challenge and I really felt that I improved my playstyle a bit. I hope we will see more of this! I honestly felt proud after the challenge and I dont remember a situation in Raidprogress where I had the same feeling and adrenalin and stuff. (Maybe "Alone in the Dark" in WoTLK) I really admire all firemages who manage to kill her.

BTW: It was before the 6% buff :D :D :D
Shuggles

Unread postby Shuggles Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:25 pm

Is anyone else having a problem with the challenge as of today? I keep having this issue where Agatha stays immune to spells and silences even after her shield is broken. This has happened every single attempt at 35% (shortly after her second teleport) and I just thought I was running out of steam and dying, however it just happened to me at the very first shield and confirmed my suspicions that something was wrong. Is this happening to anyone else?

edit: about 2 hours or so after posting this comment I beat the challenge, but I'm still fairly sure something is wrong with it. It seems like sometimes Agatha stays immune to damage even after the imps have been killed.
Cyantific

Unread postby Cyantific Mon May 01, 2017 7:23 pm

I have done about 40 pulls on her so far. I did quite a lot when she first became available switching around Prydaz, Sephuz, Drak and most of the time couldn't get her to P2.

Last night I got about 6 pulls in using Prydaz and Belovir. I managed to get her to P3 around 35m consistently, but then would get overwhelmed by adds and/or get hit by a boulder. I think another chunk of pulls and I should be able to get her. Having the Strafing Run unlocked helps out a ton with the adds.

I may try out Belovir and Drak since I haven't tried that combo yet. Hopefully if not this tower - by the next I will have her down.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Tue May 02, 2017 2:56 am

i'm not really interested in skins so didn't bother trying it until last night, ilvl 912 and basically steam rolled it in 7 attempts having zero prior knowledge using belt and belovirs, MI, FP and Meteor.
Cyantific

Unread postby Cyantific Tue May 02, 2017 2:41 pm

Few guildies said that Agatha scales horribly for people in the 890 to 910 range. Anyone above or below has an easier time. Not sure if it's just heresay or not.
Zulandia
Global Moderator

Unread postby Zulandia Tue May 02, 2017 4:56 pm

Few guildies said that Agatha scales horribly for people in the 890 to 910 range. Anyone above or below has an easier time. Not sure if it's just heresay or not.
The artifact challenges do not scale at all so your guildies are wrong ;)
LordTakeo

Unread postby LordTakeo Thu May 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Hey! Just managed to get my hands onto the Skin, with Itemlevel 898.

I did 42 attempts past week, with Prydaz and Breath Helmet.

3 Attempts this week, as soon as tower was up, and got it.
I used Sylvan potion, giving me 10% stats (Only stam and int tho, but synergizes well with Prydaz)
And hoped the command center buffs would bless me with help aswell, but nothing but an empty meteor. So could have done it without it aswell, more skilled player may are able to abuse it far more.

I could have done it without command center, but for even worse geared mages, it is a big help, to consider command center uptime.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Mon May 08, 2017 6:57 pm

The artifact challenges do not scale at all so your guildies are wrong ;)
Nitpick that they do scale for healers - the npcs will have more health based on your ilvl (which makes sense when you think about it)
Cyantific

Unread postby Cyantific Wed May 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Finally got my challenge skin yesterday! Wohoo!! 24 attempts yesterday not counting previous tower uptimes. ilvl906 with Belo'vir and Darckli's. I was consistently getting her below 10m hp and then would make stupid mistakes. Talent choices were Meteor, Flame Patch, Ice Ward, Alexstrasza, Mirror, Shimmer, Conflag.

One major thing that helped me a ton was I imported a custom weakaura setup for Agatha specifically. I found a post on the WoW forums. Basically told me when her shield was up, how much hp it had, when to interrupt, and when she was getting healed. After setting that up I got her within 5 attempts.

If you are having trouble like I was - I highly recommend searching for the import string and using them.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /cyantific" target="_blank

Return to “Fire”