Broken Shore Nethershard Farming

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Katsumi

Broken Shore Nethershard Farming

Unread postby Katsumi Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Hey guys,

With the opening of the Broken Shore we can now farm Nethershards to acquire slot-specific tokens at 5000 shards a piece. With a few people that's about an hour of farming, sometimes less. It's also a very special situation in terms of DPS output.

I'm currently trying to maximize my output under the assumption that there are 15-20 mobs present at all times. So far this is what I came up with:

Talents:
I'm running Conf/Shimmer/IF/AF/FS/FP/CiS. Blast Wave didn't seem to do much, FP is godly.

Gear:
Full mastery, trinkets are Aran's (chestpaired) and Fury of the Burning Sky.

Legendaries:
Koralon's (more HS > more FS) and Sephuz, unfortunately I don't have the DB head.

I'm not sure how useful it is to do this in general, but it's a ton of fun. I would greatly appreciate if you could help me with some questions that I wasn't able to resolve yet:

1. FP seemed to outperform LB, but I could be wrong. Does anybody have the math at hand for scenarios with this many targets? I could also run a LB build with maxed out haste and no mastery in favour of the other stats.

2. With FP, when I'm completely out of HS, how many targets do I need to make it worth hardcasting? Could generating the HU with a Scorch from Koralon's actually be a DPS loss?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Katsu.
Elandelor

Re: Broken Shore Nethershard Farming

Unread postby Elandelor Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:39 pm

I have been running Conflag/Shimmer/IF/AF or FO/IW (I like having 2 Frost Novas to help me, especially if there´s no healer)/CiS
I´m also running w/ Koralon. For trinkets I´m using Fury of the Burning Sky and Pharamere (which deals a lot of dmg, especially during combustion)

1- FP seems to be better for me too, especially since the mobs are getting stacked in a stacking point between 2-3 portals. Also, the cd on LB seems to be too long and FP helps tagging mobs right as they spawn

2- You mean hardcasting FS? I dont think you should. What I do is just look for targets w/ 30% or less hp and use scorch twice or scorch + fire blast/DB to generate HS

Return to “Fire”