Devs & Fire Mages Blue Post Support

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Elderberry

Devs & Fire Mages Blue Post Support

Unread postby Elderberry Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:44 pm

Pardon me if this is not a good use of this forum. I have nothing but respect for AT so I will remove it if need be.

Over on the Class Development page, I recently wrote a post entitled, "Devs & Fire Mages" with the aim of promoting a blue post on fire's trajectory leading in to 7.2.5. Here is the Link:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754165552" target="_blank

If you guys have the time to add your voice, sans salt, that would be so great. I know there has been many threads fishing for blue but all I can say is I care and am doing what I can, adding my voice to the mix, hoping that we get some clarity. Much appreciation to fellow fire mages who have put a lot of thought and effort in to increasing awareness and discussion of the spec's issues. Cheers, Elder
Mebbekew

Re: Devs & Fire Mages Blue Post Support

Unread postby Mebbekew Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:29 pm

+1. I added to the string on Blizzard's forum. Sometimes all you can do is to try and make your voice heard... and hope someone is listening.
Toriankel

Unread postby Toriankel Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 pm

According to blizzard's newest blue post, they aren't looking into fire mages because apparently where's fine, so don't get your hopes up, the cretins in charge of class balancing are leaving us in this sorry state with not a single thought.
Pluckles

Unread postby Pluckles Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:49 am

According to blizzard's newest blue post, they aren't looking into fire mages because apparently where's fine, so don't get your hopes up, the cretins in charge of class balancing are leaving us in this sorry state with not a single thought.
Uhh, what? Link or didn't happen.
Toriankel

Unread postby Toriankel Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:26 am

Uhh, what? Link or didn't happen.

It's on the front page of mmoc ...

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 3?page=1#1" target="_blank
dhx

Unread postby dhx Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:38 am

Helping spread the word.. Hope

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... =4#post-68" target="_blank

Lore:
Just to clarify: the specs I called out in the original post are those we're planning major rotational/mechanical changes to. We're also planning talent/balance tuning for many other specs (e.g. Fire Mage, Blood DK, others) that don't need a mechanical overhaul but could still use some numbers love.
Pluckles

Unread postby Pluckles Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:18 am

This is nowhere near close to saying that fire isn't being looked at. At all.
Toriankel

Unread postby Toriankel Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Think of it what you will, if they don't explicitly say they're looking into fire mages, like they explicitly say for Destruction Warlocks etc, and we don't have a single peep for months even though fire mages are at the bottom of charts, I rightfully assume they do not care a wink.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:54 pm

This is nowhere near close to saying that fire isn't being looked at. At all.
Before they gutted combustion/rop/crit, Fire was ok, because warriors and melee didnt have access to OP stuff like draught/foci/etc and because you could pad a lot of fights in EN/Helya. Just look at a top warriors logs, it is a complete joke a thing like Draught exists. Its like Shard of Woe during Cata, but on steroids.

So they can buff Bracers/gloves/rune/combust as much as they want, when your competition is throwing in millions via a trinket, you dont have much chance. There have been at least 2 huge extremely detailed posts about mages - one in 7/7.1 and one in 7.1.5 and the fact that Fire got buffed and its still second to last on meters kills any confidence in blizzard bringing it back to top3.

They have said current frost(not double IL) doesnt actually do as much as they want, hence probably buffs are coming to it.

Fire cannot be simply buffed enough to compete with other specs - it needs another mechanics overhaul.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Kasc

Unread postby Kasc Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Fire cannot be simply buffed enough to compete with other specs - it needs another mechanics overhaul.
Completely disagree. There are so many tuning vectors that it's hard to see any truth to this statement. Mechanically, Fire is very good IMO.
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Yeah, mechanically it's pretty good, IMO, considering all the tricks you could pull with rune+firestarter or pre-cast bracer pyro before combustion. If only there were the numbers.
Elderberry

Unread postby Elderberry Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:17 pm

So glad to hear Lore mentioned Fire Mage. Thank you for passing along this information. Anyone know a rough timeframe for the release of 7.2.5? I know it s a ways off still but just curious how much patience I gotta muster.
dhx

Unread postby dhx Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:45 pm

So glad to hear Lore mentioned Fire Mage. Thank you for passing along this information. Anyone know a rough timeframe for the release of 7.2.5? I know it s a ways off still but just curious how much patience I gotta muster.
Best guess is 8-10 weeks.
Afflik

Unread postby Afflik Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:01 am

I don't believe Fire needs reworked - and that blue post doesn't list Fire as a spec that needs reworked which is fine. However, Fire does need a buff, while keeping the game play the same. 10-15% honestly is almost necessary for almost all spells.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:47 am

i honestly dont know why they dont revert the nerfs, give combustion back it's 100% mastery, rune to 50% and lasts 12 seconds and buff all spells by 10%.

Also buff scorch so that it works the same as if you had the belt on and give the belt a brand new legendary ability.
Magey

Unread postby Magey Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:27 am

Think of it what you will, if they don't explicitly say they're looking into fire mages, like they explicitly say for Destruction Warlocks etc, and we don't have a single peep for months even though fire mages are at the bottom of charts, I rightfully assume they do not care a wink.
You need to re-read that post fire mage is mentioned specifically as needing numbers attention.
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:50 am

Yeah, they said that. But they also said that before 7.1.5 and failed miserably.
Shitbird

Unread postby Shitbird Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:43 pm

Just look at a top warriors logs, it is a complete joke a thing like Draught exists.
Which is weird considering they nerfed the hell out of Arabs Ruby because it was really good for fire mages. Yeah Ruby was good but it was never our largest damage contributer like DoS is for fury warriors on some fights.

I have no idea how that trinket has gone so long without a nerf
Mebbekew

Unread postby Mebbekew Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:43 am

Woot!

Mage
Fire
[With maintenance in each region] Damage of all abilities increased by 6%.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/ ... s-april-17
Thro

Unread postby Thro Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:23 am

Woot!

Mage
Fire
[With maintenance in each region] Damage of all abilities increased by 6%.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/ ... s-april-17
Its a Christmas miracle!! :D

Return to “Fire”