New Legendary Shoulders Discussion

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Causese

Re: New Legendary Shoulders Discussion

Unread postby Causese Fri May 26, 2017 1:27 pm

how much of a gain is it compared to other legendaries?
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Fri May 26, 2017 3:14 pm

before everyone gets too excited you should wait to see what other classes are getting as well.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:45 am

Before anyone gets too excited, know that they got nerfed into the ground.

Now it takes THIRTY fireballs/pyroblasts to trigger a meteor, up from 10.
Pathelon

Unread postby Pathelon Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:13 am

GG there goes that then. On top of not hearing any fire balance changes for 7.2.5. Still a couple of weeks, but.....
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:12 am

Don't expect anything before the first week of Tomb.
They usually do passes before mythic opens.

However, with the way Nighthold went, with it taking 80% the way for Fire to get a +6% bump... I would not hold my breath.
CaliFireMage

Unread postby CaliFireMage Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:18 am

Before anyone gets too excited, know that they got nerfed into the ground.

Now it takes THIRTY fireballs/pyroblasts to trigger a meteor, up from 10.

Yup it literally went to BIS to Total Shit instantly. I think it is fairly decent DPS LOSS vs. Belt if someone wants to math it out.
Frantik

Unread postby Frantik Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:05 am

I don't get it..From 10 to 30.... not 15 not even 20 but straight to 30? was it so OP?
Smaiki

Unread postby Smaiki Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:20 am

I don't get it..From 10 to 30.... not 15 not even 20 but straight to 30? was it so OP?
Yes, it was! Now, it's in line with other legendaries.

Source: discord (Heterodox, thx for the sims)

PS: It would be great if researches like this can be posted more often here as people cannot check discord everyday (me neither) and scrolling through all the messages in discord is not that easy as there is only one single channel for all three specs (unless they are pinned).
Destru

Unread postby Destru Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:58 am

Yes, it was! Now, it's in line with other legendaries.

PS: It would be great if researches like this can be posted more often here as people cannot check discord everyday (me neither) and scrolling through all the messages in discord is not that easy as there is only one single channel for all three specs (unless they are pinned).
I don't get it, instead of current players having new legendaries to aim for they want to add more crap into the RNG bucket
Falq

Unread postby Falq Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:59 pm

I think this will be lowered. It was mentioned before that it's the way blizzard is balancing things. Nerf to the ground, then buff slowly to reach certain power level. First version was prob just random number that's why it turned out to be OP, now it's nerfed to the ground and will be prob buffed once or twice in the future.
CaliFireMage

Unread postby CaliFireMage Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:35 pm

Why would you sim the shoulders in combo with ROP but not others? That is nowhere near clean data unless Im missing something.

And it proves they nerfed the shoulders to worse than current options. And ST dmg for Fire is still double digits below Frost...
Afflik

Unread postby Afflik Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:09 pm

Well they have 3 weeks to "buff" it back up. It would be nice if they made a legendary that was specifically good for single target with bracers, considering that is fire's biggest struggle area. Having Bracers/Shoulders as an option for ST play would have been nice....
CaliFireMage

Unread postby CaliFireMage Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:59 pm

Pre-crazy nerf shoulders Fire was 5% LESS dps vs. Frost, now we are back down at 17% less.

And again, how were the shoulders too good?
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:14 am

Pre-crazy nerf shoulders Fire was 5% LESS dps vs. Frost, now we are back down at 17% less.

And again, how were the shoulders too good?
I think your reaction is the end result of Blizzards balancing efforts towards the various mage specs over the course of the Legion expansion.

We shouldn't be disputing that a single legendary item being responsible for that big of a power gap in the character is a bad thing -- it is, for the same reason the wrists were the same thing for the longest time, too.

We can never be balanced effectively if we have items producing such powerful outliers like that... so it needs to be nerfed in order for the rest of the spec to be looked at (if you buff the spec, since not everyone has that one item, but you dont touch the item... then those who DO have it, are still too well off compared to those that dont)

...the problem is that given their history this xpak, specifically with Fire Mages, I don't think anyone has reason to expect them to actually fix Fire's numbers, so it ends up feeling like we're denied a chance to do well, and that's it.

They keep going half-way with Fire.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:49 am

Another Release Candidate build.
Zero Fire tune-ups.

I feel like I've been here before.
Lahrast

Unread postby Lahrast Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:43 am

Another Release Candidate build.
Zero Fire tune-ups.

I feel like I've been here before.
amen to that, i'm not sure if it's a good thing but i'm not even surprised anymore. it could be funny if the whole story wouldn't be a tale of such sad incompetence
Hellflames

Unread postby Hellflames Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:06 pm

I admit i miss gc, those guys are totally idiot and incompetent as shown from that moron saying that fire was too strong according to trade chat...
CaliFireMage

Unread postby CaliFireMage Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:39 pm

At the current time, fire is simming a WHOPPING 24% behind Frost. So absolutely you will need to level both specs and swap as needed. This would make all the ST Fire legs including the old buff shoulders pointless as even at 10 FB/PB: Meteor is a joke by comparison with Frost.

Anyone seen a T20 sim for 3+ Targets for Fire? I would be interested to see what other than the helm I should be using.

thanks
Hellflames

Unread postby Hellflames Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:43 pm

At the current time, fire is simming a WHOPPING 24% behind Frost. So absolutely you will need to level both specs and swap as needed. This would make all the ST Fire legs including the old buff shoulders pointless as even at 10 FB/PB: Meteor is a joke by comparison with Frost.

Anyone seen a T20 sim for 3+ Targets for Fire? I would be interested to see what other than the helm I should be using.

thanks
Frost with bracers and head *would* probably still crush fire on a 3-target fight

Return to “Fire”