New Legendary Shoulders Discussion

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Kaledine

New Legendary Shoulders Discussion

Unread postby Kaledine Wed May 24, 2017 9:08 pm

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/151809-conta ... ernal-core" target="_blank

So, casting 10 Fireballs or Pyroblasts gives us a free Meteor. I guess it's time to sim this for ST.
Coolresh

Re: New Legendary Shoulders Discussion

Unread postby Coolresh Wed May 24, 2017 11:44 pm

Looks pretty cool. I checked tonight and on a regular fight in NH mythic i get about 120 casts of fireball and pyro combined and a total of 4 meteors. Meteor is about 3% of my damage on those fights. So i'd get 16 meteors instead of only 4 which makes this legendary look pretty juicy.

That's also not accounting for all the scorch casts below 30% if you are using the belt which means even more fireballs and in turn more meteors if you used these shoulders instead of the belt.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Thu May 25, 2017 2:05 am

With the shoulders you'd be taking kindling anyways.

Casting meteor means you'd be casting fireball less and getting less chance at your free meteor.
Syana

Unread postby Syana Thu May 25, 2017 2:59 am

Casting meteor means you'd be casting fireball less and getting less chance at your free meteor.
I doubt gaining a global every 45s is enough to make kindling overtake Meteor, but would really have to wait for the sims to get a better picture of it.

After trying it out on the PTR however, I noticed that when you get the 9th stack of the buff it turns into a new buff. Allowing the 10th fireball to both trigger the meteor AND add another stack of the first buff, essentially making it a meteor every 9 fireballs after the first one.
Ranax

Unread postby Ranax Thu May 25, 2017 7:19 am

Is the meteor from the shoulders same as the one from talent? Does it do the same damage and have the burning ground? Or is it a slightly nerfed version of the talent?
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Thu May 25, 2017 9:49 am

I doubt gaining a global every 45s is enough to make kindling overtake Meteor, but would really have to wait for the sims to get a better picture of it.

After trying it out on the PTR however, I noticed that when you get the 9th stack of the buff it turns into a new buff. Allowing the 10th fireball to both trigger the meteor AND add another stack of the first buff, essentially making it a meteor every 9 fireballs after the first one.
You also get combustions faster so more instant casts speeding the whole thing up even more. you wont be running CiS or meteor with the shoulders i promise you.
Rhov

Unread postby Rhov Thu May 25, 2017 10:17 am

Is the meteor from the shoulders same as the one from talent? Does it do the same damage and have the burning ground? Or is it a slightly nerfed version of the talent?
Testing shoulders now in ptr, and yes it seems to be the EXACT same version of the talented Meteor. So yeah, I believe they will be a decent buff for fire's overall ST performance. Let's wait for the sims.
Last edited by Rhov on Thu May 25, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destru

Unread postby Destru Thu May 25, 2017 10:20 am

I wonder whether the Shoulders are better with Bracers or Belt if either, hopefully because free Meteors look neat on paper.
Ranax

Unread postby Ranax Thu May 25, 2017 11:55 am

Testing shoulders now in ptr, and yes it seems to be the EXACT same version of the talented Meteor. So yeah, I believe they will be a decent buff for fire's overall ST performance. Let's wait for the sims.

That's great. I wonder if using this legendary along with the new trinkets(the owl and terror from below) will push the value of crit up. Maybe IF or RoP will be viable for ST now. A bit excited for fire now, hope we get some sims soon.
Toriankel

Unread postby Toriankel Thu May 25, 2017 12:17 pm

How about a gloves/shoulders combo with kindling ? That could mean free meteors very often
Magicooler

Unread postby Magicooler Thu May 25, 2017 1:07 pm

Currently the new shoulders are simming about 60k higher than bracers for me. They're looking quite insane
Falq

Unread postby Falq Thu May 25, 2017 2:55 pm

This will prob make haste even better stat for us :D And fireball cast time relic will be prob BiS aswell
Fleks

Unread postby Fleks Thu May 25, 2017 3:34 pm

How about a gloves/shoulders combo with kindling ? That could mean free meteors very often
You won't unequip Bracers.
Goblinguide

Unread postby Goblinguide Thu May 25, 2017 3:35 pm

I spent a lot of time on the ptr last night. My highest output was shoulders with the meteor talent. The burn effect of meteor can stack. Also right now the shoulders are bugged to cast meteor on 9 casts instead of 10. Sephuz seems like the legendary to be with shoulders.
subtlexgaming

Unread postby subtlexgaming Thu May 25, 2017 4:27 pm

I have 55 points in frost atm. I may need to start dumping into fire...
Afflik

Unread postby Afflik Thu May 25, 2017 4:34 pm

I don't really see a situation where Bracers/Shoulders wouldn't be optimal. I DO see a situation where they nerf these shoulders though, because as they are they are very good.

Using Shoulders/Belt doesn't have good synergy at all. I can see Shoulder/BL Ring, but the bracers just outperform everything else by a wide margin. I can honestly see a fire mage with Shoulders/Bracers in the current state being very competitive, and I'm praying I can get all the possible legendaries I need to make this my only fire legendary I can possibly get when the patch hits, so hopefully I can get it faster.

I currently have Helm/Bracers/Belt/both rings/trinket/chest/neck - so once I get gloves I should have everything other than the new ring/shoulders when the patch hits.
Magicooler

Unread postby Magicooler Thu May 25, 2017 6:57 pm

I spent a lot of time on the ptr last night. My highest output was shoulders with the meteor talent. The burn effect of meteor can stack. Also right now the shoulders are bugged to cast meteor on 9 casts instead of 10. Sephuz seems like the legendary to be with shoulders.
Theres no way you'll unequip bracers for sephuz even if you can proc it
ezekielyo

Unread postby ezekielyo Thu May 25, 2017 7:17 pm

From PTR testing, feels very strong. 90% will replace the belt in all situations
Fleks

Unread postby Fleks Thu May 25, 2017 8:11 pm

They dont cast at 9 instead of 10. - The 10th cast just doubledips (Casts Meteor + 1Stack)
After 9 you get a new buff making your next Pyro/Fireball cast the Meteor and this Cast also gives you a stack for the next Meteor.
A constant dps increase legendary is pretty much what fire was missing imo (Belt is good obviously but didnt do shit if you needed more DPS during progress for a phase above 30% and ring didnt do shit if you lusted at the end unless you had a 2min dps check.)
dhx

Unread postby dhx Fri May 26, 2017 10:40 am

Would be nice if this makes it through. A legendary wouldn't be my first choice for bringing ST up but I'll take it.

Return to “Fire”